What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Off to the office to do some evening studying. I'll be smoking some Dunbar in the Savinelli Virginia on the way there and Pelican in the Nording on the way back.

Friday and next Tuesday are my qualifying exam days and they can't come fast enough. I met with the chair of my exam committee today, though, and he surprised me by asking me for the questions that I'd like him to ask me. All of the other students in my department have had their chairs just throw three surprise (and very difficult) questions at them. Everybody has a vague idea of what is coming, but it tends to be that we have no clear sense of what the questions will actually be. My chair is an old professor who I think just cares that I've done the work and thinks the exam process is unnecessarily stressful. That nonchalant nature may or may not have been a major contributor to why I chose him to be my chair. :ohyh: Even so, there's a lot to prepare since I didn't exactly go easy on myself with the questions. Off I go.

2. Themadking

Themadking Member

1 more hour of work and I can enjoy a bowl of Solana ABF in this Majestic Bulldog and a pint of Moose Drool [​IMG]

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoking a bowl of Scottish Cake in a Tinsky Mocha Tomato with some sweet iced tea on the side. Long day at work and I've been looking forward to this smoke since noon. Three more days till the wife and I take the whole Thanksgiving week off. Have a great evening mah friends!
    [​IMG]

4. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Brown pigtail in an old Peterson bulldog and a lil' grand marnier on the side. :puffy:

[​IMG]

5. rondel65

Oops!! Sorry, fat finger on an iPad :doh:

6. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a BST Billiard. A bit of light rain in San Francisco today.

7. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

EM in a cob, finally chilly again! It's been the usual Florida panhandle November temp roller coaster.

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Well, I'm in the mood for some Latakia and JimInks sent me some, so, thanks to Jim I'm smoking Voodoo Queen in a Comoy's Pot from the late '50's. Very nice! Black coffee to enhance it! That Inks guy is pretty OK!

9. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Curley Strang from P^2 in a Guildhall 4 Square. I don't think I let the Strang dry enough.... I may have to let the bowl sit overnight. I do like the tobacco though, sweet, with a little spice.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

11. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Hi guys I'm back from a week in the bush. Only one doe to show for it and still no buck sightings for the year. Next objectives continuing hunting the elusive bucks and take down a doe for captain. It's nice to be home and now I am going to scroll through and see what you cats have been up to for the last week.

12. rondel65

Welcome back deer slayer! Doe's make good sausage.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

consummate gentleman in the Peterson Kapet 606

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

She was good. Just a baby. Perfect camp deer. Do you have a good sausage recipe? i still haven't ground the venison and was going to do it this weekend.

15. cdymora

cdymora Member

Came down with a nasty stomach bug and didn't feel like smoking for the better part of two weeks. For my first bowl back its Penzance in a bent Nording. Man its good to be back :puffy:

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Last smoke of the night Dunhill Nightcap in the Pete bent bulldog.

Hope you all have a good night.

17. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Carter Hall in the 2013 POY.

18. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Now for some LNF in the black rock.

19. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Black Irish Twist in a Viking Copenhagen more tea.

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working, still drinking ice tea, and now smoking MacBaren Dark Twist in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.