What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Frog's Cellar in a bent MM diplomat with hot green chai tea.

For pssquared, OT and any others just playing the cards your delt, my prayers are with you!

2. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

:bday: 5H4N3:gjob:

3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Stick, Just make sure yer new steadier is worthy of the one in yer avitar:old:

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Part way through smoking Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021. I'd have posted this sooner, but as I walked down the hall, Suzy attacked my foot and started chewing and biting (gently), wanting to play. I know cats, especially indoor cats, like to keep up their hunting skills, and I'd sure feel sorry for any mouse that dared venture into this house. Molly'd be even fiercer than Suzy. Nice to have guard kittens around, especially since the Saint Bernard is off smoking my maduros while on an ice run.

5. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening folks. Thinking of OT tonight, with a bowl of Grasmere Flake in a Vauen apple, tamped with an OT built tamper. Screwdriver on the side.

6. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Squared, Having a bowl of Egg Nog in honor of ye brother.. :bing:

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking a bowl of Bayou Morning in a Falcon for OT and sending him all kinds of good thoughts and best wishes. Cold Coke Zero in an ice cold can.

8. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Spillproof, This is one fine rig ye have assembled herebdp

9. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Sid, Now if ye looks closely ye can see that the Air Force is about to bomb the Nazi head quarters :popc:...

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listing my next smoke a little early so I can concentrate on work: Three Friars in a 1986 pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Oom Paul/Calabash. A properly heated cup of coffee is my drink.

11. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Smoking some Dunghill Royal Yack in an Old Ted pipe.
    [​IMG]
    I tried taking a "selfie" but I looked silly. This is one of the first pipes that OT made. He is a machinist, and this pipe reflects that. He made more pipes, and each one was better; they got more "organic", or something like that.... I love this pipe because it is so "machinist". I'm not even sure what that means, but the parts are larger than the whole.

12. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Sweet Mother of Pearl Rekampip, Ye weren't kiddin when ye said it was a monster:zom::drly: Should be a real beauty when tis done:popc::popc::popc: Can't wait to see the finished edition:bbaby:

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

3 weeks = priority mail :shead::shead::shead:

I thought the Royal Customs Dept detained and sent the tobacco off to be tested
    (well you never know about a pressed block of earthy goodness)

And Yes By all account - blame the dusty mess on me - it is what i do
    :thu2:

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking a bowl of rekamepip's winter mix in a cool maple pipe manufactured by the same, both of which he just gave me. The bowl is coated with whiskey and honey. I actually puffed on it a bit before lighting and the taste was already heavenly. The winter mix compliments it nicely. this is just a great smoking experience altogether. What a nice gift to come home to. Thanks a lot John.

I want to send best wishes to OT and his family and a happy birthday to 5han3. Also my heart goes out to psquared on this significant day.

15. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Same, the wife was 22 turning 23 the next day.

Actually, do you remember the east coast storm in June 2007 that washed that tanker up on Nobby's Beach in Newcastle? We had an outdoor wedding that day. 30 minutes before the ceremony I was in jeans and a t-shirt rigging tarps over the backyard ;)

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Jim send your request to Santa Claus - it might be the best thing since ear plugs

[​IMG]

17. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Dwaugh, Ye best be on yer toes, the quality inspector is looking here fer mis-sized baccy in yer bowl:eek:

18. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

OJK in a new (to me) black GBD 9493 pot. Now I have a sister pipe for the brown one. When this pipe arrived, it had 1/8 cake in the top half of the bowl, and none at all in the bottom half. I reamed it back to paper thin on the top half. Many pipe cleaners soaked in Everclear cleaned the internals to my needs. So.. some beeswax on the tenon and a bowl I'll smoke to the bottom. It is a good smoke so far. I am not picking up any ghosts.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

965 in the Savinelli billiard. Seltzer on the side, wishing it was Irn Bru

20. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

My last smoke of the night, GLP Lagonda in a 2013 St Patricks Day Peterson X220,then its time to hit the hay, goodnight fellas, be safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.