1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom

Atom Member

So sorry to hear the news Eric. I had to make the same decision in January for my 17 year old dog. I still really miss her. Best friends are so hard to come by, especially when they give us everything they possibly can give simple pure and honest. I hope you have lots of wonderful memories of the good times you had together. And if you need someone to talk to I'm here.

LNF in an MM Washington.

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Four!
    [​IMG]

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

just a short update from the Pub. this bowl of Elizabethan Mixture I'm enjoying right now is unbelievably tasty. I can't say why, but it's the best bowl of this blend I have had so far. keep on puffing, friends! [​IMG]

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Telegraph Hill in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian. This is the last of the great trade sample he sent me. A bottle of Dad's Root Beer is my drink. Listening to the news as I work.

5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Damned rural northerners, no respect for real culture and music. Harumph hurr haw. I think it's time you two invested in a good gramophone.

Ten Russians in a Savinelli. Refrigerated human tears is my drink. Very rejuvenating, let me tell you.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

I'm so sorry. It is never easy to say goodbye to a friend. They love us back unconditionally. It never matters to them what we do they still just love us. I just recently had to say goodbye to a dear friend and I still miss him every day. My Choc Lab, Bailey, is gonna be 12 soon and it breaks my heart to watch him get old. He still wants to be a pup and do the things he used to but the body isn't always willing.

My thoughts are with you!

7. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Orlik Golden Sliced in the MM Country Gentleman to finish the tin.

8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Member

Thanks to MikeInMaine ive discovered a liking for ODF, and the mail lady brought my 4Noggins order to day----ODF, C&D Bayou Morning and Dunhill Flake....i also enjoyed the Germains Brown he sent me, yet it is on back order everywhere....well im just getting up and having some tea(long night on the railroad)....I'll check back later with what i try first.....

Bunch of enablers on this forum!!!!

9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just got home from the job. Bull run in a Bulletproof cob.
    Not going back to the job until Dec. 2 :bdance:

10. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Sounds like the name of a C&D blend.

Finished this morning's GH Brown Flake, in this Castello.

[​IMG]

11. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Been a burley day. Uhles 00 and ODF in cobs.

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Next bowl: Condor RR in
    an Algiers bowl and sending
    good vibes across the pond.

13. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Haha! I'm not too worried. The Browns are always good for a big ol' Cleveland Steamer.

I gotta admit, though, being from Erie I've never had any particular hate for Cleveland as a lot of the folks in Pittsburgh do (and vice versa). This Thanksgiving at my mom's in Erie about 30 of my relatives will be there and it's almost evenly divided between Steelers, Browns and Bills fans. Erie is a weird place...that is better than Cleveland and Pittsburgh put together!!

Time to go cool off with some MB Golden Extra in the Savinelli Milano!

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working, listening to MLB trade talk, and smoking Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood.

15. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Gawith Hoggarth American Coffee Caramel.

16. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Connoisseur┬┤s Choice in a G Huybrecht - London Castle.

17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Ending the day with some Dunhill Flake. Seems to have an extra creamy taste today for some strange reason. Yum yum!

18. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Orlik Golden Sliced while sitting and watching the snow fall. :puffy:

19. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Bob's freakin' Square Cut in a Tinsky poker. This stuff is wretched. Why am I down to my last pound?

20. hoss

hoss Member

Love the bling on that one, Sid!

This afternoon takes me through a bowl of roast and rice topped with cream of mushroom gravy and then out for a bowl of Bruno RR in the very first briar poker my brother ever carved me. One of his very first pipes. Thanks to Kurt Huhn's instructions, at least the drilling is on! LOL - it smokes great. (I'll note for the record, he did later make me another poker, much more refined and custom tailored to my particular taste.)

Beautiful sunny afternoon here in Yelm (WA state). Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.