1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I'm beat, last pipe of the day is Winter Blend by the Master of Rockin' the Cob, Dust in the Wind, in the MM Mizzou. See you all in the daytime, whatever time that is and somebody call The Schnoz and tell him Mrs Calabash has gone missing. Happy puffing PSF pipers............. :old:

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

He must really be under cover, he's smoking a pipe rather than a seegar! :wch::laff:

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A juicy slice of Erinmore Flake in a small Canadian ... utterly delicious!

[​IMG]

4. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

GL Pease Lagonda in a Peterson X220 and a huge mug of Tetley Tea, happy smoking fellas.

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Uhle's Blend #00 in a National straight grain large billiard

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost finished smoking Rekamepip's Winter Blend in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. Been working, but thinking about dinner and another smoke, too.

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I started a tin of Erinmore Flake and was convinced it was terrible but by less than a third of the way through I thought it was fantastic and I'm ordering more. I think a part of it was that it was my first flake, took me a bit to work out how best to pack it.

8. hoss

hoss Member

That does sound good. It's been a while since i've tapped a tin of that. Dang, enough opened goodies right now to keep us all puffing for days, too much to justify popping another. Enjoy!

Time for a pre-dinner bowl of condor in a rock cob while making a last minute run to the lumber store...

9. hoss

hoss Member

I love flakes. Erinmore is certainly no exception. I'll usually fold them up longwise and holding one hand at each end just sort of twist and smash the rod of folded flake in on itself and rub it out that way. If they're moist, i'll rub it out and leave it in a thin layer on the table for an hour or two before loading it up, if time allows. I find most flakes smoke pretty well that way. Just my $.02 on the flake thing.

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Warm evening here in my part of Texas and it seems the mosquitos are making a comeback. Sitting here enjoying some Fr Dempsey in a Meadows Devil Anse listening to the crickets. Suppose to be wet and cold here this weekend and I don't mind a bit. Contemplating my next smoke.... I've been wanting to open up something new to try but I have too many blends in jars as it is. Thinking about you Eric. It wasn't too long ago we lost our dog Major to cancer. Fine dog he was. Y'all take care!

11. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Great ideas, Hoss! Thanks. I either fold them or rub them out, but I do find myself rubbing them out a lot. I think I find that method easiest.

12. Miller319

Miller319 Member

From what you've posted, you sound ready. You're right some stress in unavoidable - human nature. Heck I stressed today about having to demonstrate CPR in front of the instructor teaching the class despite the fact that he had said repeatedly "don't worry about it, everyone will be fine"

13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Man, I love Erinmore Flake. I have quite a few tins in my cellar maturing as I type. Continuing to pay homage to Basil Meadows pipe making skills with some Exhausted Rooster in a Bullitt Proof Cob. Sweet iced tea to drink. Glad tomorrow is Friday!

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

It's been a damp chilly day in Southern California, calls for hot tea, and a bowl of McC 5110 full English blend in a GBD virgin straight grain billiard.

15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Hmm ... let's see ... could it be the massive amount of alcohol in your bloodstream blunting the nicotine wallop from the EM, enabling you to fully taste that delightful mixture before passing out? :whis:

Massimo & GiorgiĆ² really outdid themselves with that bent brandy ... what an absolute beauty! Hopefully you have a Rottweiler close by, guarding that thing.

I now have a St. Bernard close by, simmering away in a Wilke Lovat ... courtesy of a generous pub crawler from Wiesbaden :toast:.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While I'm waiting for dinner to cook, I'm starting on this bowl of 1991 St. James Woods (thanks to Artistik) in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. I'll finish it after dinner. More ice tea to drink.

17. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Oh yea! Rub them out. Still haven't mastered the fold and stuff myself:confused: Oh, I fold and stuff with the best, but getting it to burn properly afterwards is a little dicey.

18. tradewater

tradewater Member

Just put a half bowl of CH through a new Rossi Rubino with an A&W root beer to sip. Something about the root beer and CH just does it for me. Maybe the vanilla, but it's good. The Rossi is a keeper, love the way it sits in my hand and it's a good smoker.

19. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

2006 ASTB in a Chacom de luxe Canadian with a silver band repair on the shank

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I also find when I fold them they take too long to smoke! Anyway, it tastes just as good rubbed out, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.