1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briarbob

briarbob Member

I think I will go for some BHT "Bald Headed Teacher" the note just speaks winter, comforting on a cold evening.

2. olddog

olddog Member

I Enjoyed seeing your work very much. Thanks!

3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks so much olddog!

4. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Love the work Inky, now having one last bowl of CH in a cob before calling it a night. G'nite PSFers.

5. aggman

aggman Active Member

Sutliff's Sunset Rum in my RC Sands.

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thank you Nick!

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

OGS in a 1/4 bent Kirsten

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Winds really howling out there bringing chilly temps. Don't think I'll have much leaves to rake once it settles down. Going to go for some Margate now in a MG Tomato before I call it a night. I've been meaning to wish Smarty a speedy recovery from his shoulder surgery so here it is. Maybe we'll see dBear on a milk carton this weekend. Hope y'all have a great weekend !

9. aggman

aggman Active Member

now on some Smoker's Haven 20th Anniversary in a sandblasted Stone Age

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I think I saw his pic on the local PO wall, today. Something about alien abductions and anal probs. :msty:

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Home VA/Per blend in a Falcon tonight. Coke Zero in a frozen mug with some of my homemade AAA , pure, specially formed rectangular shaped, crystal clear, floatie ice creations, keeping it chilled properly.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 20 others like this.
  12. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye FBJ, :bday:!! Yer land yacht looks sweet:ohyh: :ohyh:May ye get another 150k:gjob:

13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your work, Inky!

A late one tonight on the chilly balcony. C&D Burley Flake #3 in the Brebbia 1960 Billiard. German Radeberger Pilsner on the side. I am, once again, impressed with this pipe punching above its price weight in smoking quality.

[​IMG]

14. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Finishing off the evening with some McC 2010 in the BST Bulldog.

[​IMG]

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Well the wife did great after surgery and a long day at the hospital. I took a nap when I got home and it turned into me waking up a little while ago. So I am enjoying a bowl of hamborger veermaster in my larsen. Since the wife is at hospital til tomorrow am and kids are at grandmas I decided to break a smoking rule and have a pipe in the garage with the overhead door closed. It is very comfortable, but the scenery is not quite as good.

dBear, Lucky Duck, moosecop and 25 others like this.
  16. muddler

muddler Active Member

It's one of those beautiful, fresh mornings after a night of rain - clear & bright. I'm finishing off a bowl of Chelsea Morning in an Ashton billiard. Then off to the madness of city centre to pick up my new ID doc.

[​IMG]

17. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

So since you posted that, I am going to assume that you like classical music. That seems like a fairly reasonable assumption to me.

You might be interested to know (even if Berg and psquared aren't, those goons) that today (well, yesterday, 11/22) was the 100th anniversary of Benjamin Britten's birth. So he would have been 100 years old today/yesterday, had he actually lived that long. Just a little fun trivia. I really like Britten, especially when he worked with Rostropovich.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Miller319, User4408, jdto and 11 others like this.
  18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Oh, and I forgot to post what I'm smoking (which is the whole point of this thread, after all). So I'm going to tell you all a story. Lucky you.

OK, so there's this tin of Solent Mixture that I've had for years, and once every few months I will "find" it just sitting somewhere. It has been through two moves (to and from different states) with me. And I'll always think to myself, "It's gotta be ruined by now. It's been sitting around in the opened tin for years." So I open it, and to my amazement, I hear a slight hiss/whoosh like you hear when you open a new tin, only more faint. That amazes me every time, even though this is not at all a new thing. Also, the tobacco never seems to get any lower, even though I always smoke some when I find the tin.

So that happened tonight. And I'm smoking some of that Solent Mixture in a Savinelli. And it's actually really tasty. Much tastier than the last time I found it. The tobacco has that fuzzy, crystally look to it, and the VA in the blend is downright sweet now. It's really, seriously good stuff. The tins seems to just reseal itself after being left alone long enough (and I think I remember that Mac Baren tins do this). Just further backs up the old "never throw tobacco away" thing (unless it's moldy or destroyed of course). My magic tin of Solent. :)

Maybe I need to just buy a bunch of tins of Solent, open them every six to eight months for years on end, and just start mailing samples of it out to people. I bet you I could start the next craze in pipe tobacco. Before you know it, Stonehaven will be gathering dust on the shelves due to the rise of the once-forgotten Solent Mixture. :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    dBear, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  19. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good morning folks. Kicking my head into some kind of wakefulness with the usual Maltese Falcon in the Pete Killarney and a bucket of coffee.

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Today is 22 November,
    we all know what happened in Friday November 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas:

[​IMG]

Gawith Hoggarth American Black & Brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.