What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning guys.
    Enjoying a pleasant smoke of MCB in a cob, of course :puffy:
    Lots of coffee on the side.

Have a great weekend!

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished smoking South Seas in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Going to get a new smoke and catch up on this thread.

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Melorning all.
    Condor LC in
    The clay from OT.

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Somebody ask for a goon? DFU in one of Doug's eggs, the bent Lacewood shank to be specific. Good morning people.

5. critter

critter Member

five o'clock shadow in the kolonel. thanks YAPPG. good thing it comes in 8 oz tins, this is a delicious smoke with my coffee

rondel65, dBear, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  6. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Member

Won an Irwin Conquest (a GBD second) on ebay....I really like it...it has a brandy bowl and it is at the moment smoking a folded and stuffed Dunhill Flake lik a champ.

Good Morning!

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm caught up on this thread, and am part way through this bowl of Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. I drank all the Simply Apple, so Simply Orange is my drink. Suzy and Molly were fed a bit earlier by m'lady, so they haven't moved a muscle since I woke up. I got some much needed sleep last night and am ready for a busy day, though not just yet!

8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Worked from home yesterday but didn't smoke. Had extensive blood work sked for afternoon and didn't want nic showing up much in the blood. Portions of the report will go to my employer. Health insurance is $50 a month higher if they detect nic in your system.

Started making up for it after I got home. CH was on my smoke list, of course. That and MCB really taste good in the new r Graybow pipes I recently bought. Started out Saturday morning with EMP and plenty of hot Russian tea. Temp is dropping and the wind chill is really kicking in. We expect a Nor'easter around Thanksgiving Day. Really cold out this morning.

9. Atom

Atom Member

Finishing the H+H Marble Kake from last evening.
    And for a social experiment, please do not click like for this post. Is it possible to not get a single like?

dBear, WalkinStick, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Counting the time down and thought I'd share the suspense :whis:
    I won a pipe on E-bay last night :banana: $4.49
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I E-mailed him and asked 'as I was only 5 miles away any chance of picking it up' ?
    had a mail back 'Yes no problem', a phone number and ring after 15:00
    ---------------------------------------
    Found this http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=388
    The logo is an elephant and "Tanganyika". This is the logo of Tanganyika Meerschaum Pipes
    [​IMG]
    So I'm smoking Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in my Ropp mini Cherrywood drinking Lavazza and watching the clock
    Wish me Luck :whis:

rondel65, dBear, Lucky Duck and 24 others like this.
  11. beano

beano Member

I've been smoking mostly Virginia's since taking up the pipe a year ago. My local cigar shop had a scant selection of pipe tobacco and I found a tin of Mac b London mix dated 2008 a while back and didn't like it at first so I'm giving another go round this morning and I have to say I'm enjoying it this time...maybe its the coffee?

12. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Smoking CH in the MM Great Dane Spool. It's still pretty cold out. Tomorrow it will drop even more and we're projecting to get freezing rain come late Sunday into early Monday. That's gonna be a fun drive to work! Hot, black coffee is my drink.

13. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Up and at Em. The wife's phone call woke me up telling me to get my ass to the hospital and pick her up. So without a shower I grabbed my talon churchwarden that happened to be filled with anniversary kake. I am finishing the same In The parking garage right now. So it will be a few minutes yet before I give her a big hug and kiss and she tell me I smell like :poop:. Awwww, love is a beautiful thing. Good morning everyone.

Artistik, rondel65, dBear and 22 others like this.
  14. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Atom, be careful with things you don't understand. When the likes stop the world ends:eek:

H&H Annkake in a Rekamepip cob :ccup:

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Finally found it! One of my favorite pipes is what I normally call my smallest Peterson. Last night I finally found out it's name. It was on the bottom (who would have guessed!) It's the Donegal Rocky. Best pipe I have for good aros. Smoked Con Choice in it last night. Great taste. I also use it for MB Cherry Ambrosia, which in on today's menu.

17. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Many thanks for the good karma PSFers. Recovery is going as planned. Much colder in Louisville this morning, 33 and dropping. Supposed to be down to 18 tonight and not get above freezing tomorrow. I'll be bringing the brass monkeys inside this evening.

Started out the day with some Mac Baren Silver Cube in a Sav 1616 and coffee. Will be going back to AJ's VaPer in an MM CG this afternoon followed by FM in a Pete 307 this evening w/ a fire I prepared in the wood burner pre-surgery so all I'd have to do is hit it with the torch for a few seconds when needed, pizza and a few Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla Porters. Good stuff.

Enjoy your Saturday.

18. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Love aros in my Pete Rhodesians, especially the Peterson line - Gold, Con Choice and De Luxe.

19. browny

browny Member

Finished a bowl just as the rugby started, Mellow Mack for the first bowl in the little Morris bruyere extra 054 meerschaum lined that I finally cleaned/sterilized, my first smoke of a meer-lined and it certainly is different and this little pipe will be a regular for when I don't have a great amount of free time.
    [​IMG]
    I'm yet to clean up the meer at this point it's a little dirty from being pre-loved.

rondel65, dBear, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Now that my daughter is old enough to find this fun, we spent the early part of the morning making our first big pillow/blanket fort in the living room. We hung out in there whispering to each other about the animals that were lurking outside (mama) and we ate cactus (apples) and spiders (cheerios). After that fun, I've got to get some work done but I'll have my own enjoyment with my first try of Reiner Long Golden Flake in my beloved Rossi.
    :toast: MountMandolin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.