What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good afternoon folks. Back from a quick supermarket shop and I can finally tuck into some Haddo's Delight in the bent Adsorba and watch the footie scores roll. The Toon are already 1-0 up, woohoo!

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Enjoy it while you can !!!

3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good morning all!

Just in from a bowl of GLP Charring Cross in a Pete bent Bulldog with some coffee. (have I raved about this tobacco enough lately? It's so good)

Actually snowing here! Had my pipe in the courtyard amidst the first snow of the year here on the Lake.

Hoping you all have a great weekend.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  4. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Just finished a bowl of tilbury. So far, not my favorite from my sampler from BigJ. Not bad though.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 17 others like this.
  5. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

McC#22 in the Nording

6. cdymora

cdymora Member

McCrainie's Red Flake in a cob with some 8 o'clock coffee. Kind of a dull dreary NC Saturday morning, but the pipe is lifting the spirits :)

7. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Waking up with McClelland Syrian full Balkan in an Ashton x billiard. Dark roast on the side. Good morning all!

8. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

SWRA in a MM bent cob :puffy:
    Goes quite well with this cold weather...supposed to be down right frigid here over the next few days.

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Talking to a buddy about the JFK murder.

10. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Eric, I hopes the wife (wench) makes a full and swift recovery :). As a reward fer taken care of the wife, ye be awarded a double ration of grog fer smoking ye pipe in the house :dkn:

11. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hey Jim, is EGR blend a regular in your rotation? I was a bit intrigued by the mixed reviews it gets, I've found that often two star blends (on TR.com) tend to be pretty good :)

12. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Tim Horton mug filled with strong black coffee, the handsome old dude sits on the front porch, smoking Mississippi River in an Edwards straight grain Virgin pot.

That may be the opening line of a crime novel, I think not since about the most severe crime in Burbank is a stolen car.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 22 others like this.
  13. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Lads and Lasses, Good mornin to all in PSF land. Beginin me day with LL7 in me Pete with a cup of Irish coffee fer a side and listening to Irish Drinking Music on Pandora :csmile:. A tribute to GrĂ¡inne O'Malley the most famous Irish Pyrate!:toast:

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Hey Smarty, glad the recovery is going well, the pitching arm will be ready for spring training. I dedicate my MS River bowl to your full recovery.

15. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Ephraim, I agree with ye assessment of the reviews of these type of blends. I usually find that my taste runs off tack to those in mainstream. Most of those that don't like a blend is one I will :thu:. I will be getting an order of EGR in me next order.

Since coming aboard this forum I have a looooooooog list fer the TAD / PAD that needs satisfaction!!:$$:

16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I smoke it once or twice a day. I know there are mixed reviews on it, as there is on most blends, actually. My review is there, as you no doubt know. I disclaim some of those one star reviews as being legitimate because if you read them, there's no way some of those people ever tried EGR. And I'd never take the word of anybody who reviews a blend based on one smoke. But this criticism holds for a lot of things I read at that site. You just have to pick out the reviewers who write honest reviews, and there are a fair number of them there. Of course, it almost goes without saying that the only way you'll know if you like a blend is to smoke it yourself. You are always your own best determiner.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 18 others like this.
  17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I love Britten! thanks for letting us know, will but some Britten on while I work.

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Yes indeed! Very true.
    Yeah I've noticed you and a few other PSF members on TR, and you guys are the ones I usually trust.
    I'm thinking about reviewing some blends for TR, but only after I review them for PSF.

Now smoking some freshly packed Mac Baren BLB in a MM Pride :puffy: This is a great Burley, I'll pick up some more tomorrow...and maybe some Golden Extra for comparison.

19. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

There was a pretty fantastic movie set in California that was just about a stolen rug. That one starred another handsome Dude. He didn't smoke pipe tobacco though.

20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having another bowl of Haddo's Delight while enjoying the conversations springing up on here. Toon are 2-0, bang on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.