1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

DBear's too lazy to visit the warehouse, and knowing how Thuber likes women (if he remembers what they are), I'd sure never let him near the young nubiles. Although, there is the rumor that Thuber was last seen in Jimmy Hoffa's car.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 10 others like this.
  2. JimInks

So now that the rumors are disseminated for public consumption, I can list my current smoke, which is R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink. I've been listening to all the JFK talk today as I've been working. I thought I had heard most of the assassination theories already, but this one was new to me: Kennedy was murdered because he had plans to reveal the truth about Area 51. :cfsd::cfsd::drunk:nbgnbgnbg

3. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

As expected, I smoked MB Cherry Ambrosia in my Peterson Donegal Rocky. Ummm! Rep of Tea Honeysuckle White tea for my drink. Then came Gold Rush in the CG cob. I just can't really get into Ashton blends. Then on to London Mixture in the Peterson 2013 St. Patty's Day, which has had the week off. Now onto Irish Flake in the Peterson Sherlock Holmes. Still smoking that, after reading some of the Return of Sherlock Holmes stories. Now watching Notre Dame taking on BYU. Kusmi Anastasia tea is the drink. Before the second half begins. Then it will be martini time!

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

My sweet tooth was bugging me, so I dug down to a forgotten corner of my little cellar and pulled out......

....MacB Scottish Mixture in a gigantic Curt Roller dublin.

5. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Same day as today in 1826 in the Independence War of 1821 the Greeks under the leadership of Georgios Karaiskakis trap the Turkish army together with their Albanian allies inside the city of Arachova. The battle begins,the Turks after many losses try to escape but the Greeks pursuit them.Inside the fog with snow and low temperatures they fight them hand to hand. The Greeks kill their leader Mustafa Bey and 1300 other Turkish-Albanians die [200 captured prisoners] although their casualties were 4 dead and 9 wounded.
    The Turkish Sultan before the battle has send an "order" to the Greeks to surrender,give-up their weapons to take amnesty and to obey him.He took the appropriate answer 1300+1 times! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4noggins Three Blind Moose.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 22 others like this.
  6. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Back outside as the day turns into night the breeze has turned to a gusty wind. The air is cold and out of the north. Hints of what is to come as the weatherman says it will be the coldest temps yet this season. I settled in my garage doorway with my cherished Great Grandfathers little Frank Medico. Loaded it as I have been all day with other pipes full of Heirloom cherry as I have been working on the tin and am rather enjoying it. My Great Grandfather would have been proud. This little old drug store pipe that I so deeply cherish smokes as good as any pipe I own. Its as light as a feather and smokes anything I have put in it like a dream. I often reflect on this fact as the pipe came from a display in a local little mom & pop store and cost him only a few dollars. After cleaning the little pipe up and smoking it quite a few times now I have seen and experienced why he liked that little pipe so much. Its a little champion that as the smoke whisps out of it this evening I look to the skys as those old deep blue clouds let me know that the winds have a little more to present as a cold front blows in. That wind is hinting to the trees to give up the last leaves of the season as it blows them away and they sway back and forth. The birds are all fluffed out as they feed at my feeder to get one last meal before they nestle down to roost for a cold night. As I reflect on such small and wonderous things while smoking this old pipe I reflect an my heritage of pipe smoking men and realize just how blessed I am. Good evening to you all. :puffy::puffy::bing::bing:

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 23 others like this.
  7. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

I just had a bowl of C&D Back Porch in a Barclay-Rex bent billiard. The pipe is now undergoing the salt & alcohol treatment to get rid of the last vestiges of this summer's Ennerdale ghost.

8. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dunhill flake in my Spillproof Special.

9. JimInks

While waiting for dinner, I'm smoking MacBaren Dark Twist in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. Nice spicy taste to get me in the mood for a spaghetti dinner.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 19 others like this.
  10. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just got home from some shopping with the family and I'm ready for a smoke and to get some work done. I'm trying to last of the samples that MountMandolin sent me: Tashkent from Peretti again in the Calabresi. I'm really excited to try this one. It's just latakia and turkish. That'll be a new experience for me. Should be perfect to go with the snowy balcony.

11. tradewater

tradewater Member

Took the wife to an enormous craft fair in MO today. :thu2:

After a couple hours of looking at bling, drivel and glitz, I found a bench outside out of the wind and fired up a cob of Carter Hall. Best smoke I've had in a while.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

almost done with a bowl of Presbyterian Mixture in a Peterson African meer dublin

13. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye JimInks, I hope ye stopped short of the Simple Green. That may ruin yer day fer sure:beyes:

14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Amphora Red in an Amphora straight grain plateau freehand

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Back home from 100 mile drive around the country block and enjoyed a bowl of SWR in Corn Cob Pipe

caught this guy running a stop sign
    amash.jpg

one thing i can say is that the local Amish really do love the sound of my HONDA V^6 VTEC

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 18 others like this.
  16. Atom

Atom Member

Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in...

17. Atom

Atom Member

I'll be smoking C&D Night Train after watching Bill Cosby. I can't smoke and laugh at the same time.
    Hope everyone has a great night!

18. dying breed

dying breed Member

ODF in a BC. First and last pipe of the day. Well worth the wait.

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe 965 in the plum Forever Stemmed MM Diplomat with a Hot Cocoa on the side. Hope everyone has a fine evening of puffing, just don't expect the night crew to bring doughnuts, hell if they show up we'll have 4 pages when I get out of bed tomorrow and after 53 1/2 years somebody will finally find Mrs Calabash! See you in 2 1/4 maybe 2 5/8's..... :D:poke:

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 21 others like this.
  20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Got Lucky and found a flat of Large Mouth Pint jars :th1:

Smoking a bowl of MB ODF

while i jar up a few things that need to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.