1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoss

hoss Member

Had to do some bruno tonight to finish the day off after a big hunk o dear fer dinner. Something especially satisfying about this stuff after a good meal. Right up there with my favorite 'domestic' burleys. Cheers all...and g'nite.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Work is done for the day, so I'm relaxing with a bowl of Compton's Balkan Mixture in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. Thanks to Flatbush Paul for the tobacco. Going to do some reading, and play ear plug catch with Suzy and Molly.

3. moosecop

moosecop Member

all this egg talk reminded me I forgot to get eggs when I bought my turkey. Errand day today so smoked some pancakes (Maple Street) in a Italian made Straight Canadian. Now I remember why I dont smoke this much. Near the bottom of a bowl I got a good hot blast in the back of my throat from an ember.. A reason I prefer bents as I never had that happen with a bent...

4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Meh, it's decent. Slightly below average at best. I don't know why in the hell I have 18 freakin' tins of the stuff in my cabinet. I must be losing it.

Hello folks. Special Latakia Flake in a Neerup earlier (which I forgot to actually post about and was sitting here in the text box as a draft when I clicked on this page), and now Briar Fox in a Squatch. Both quite good. Which they should be, really, or else why the hell would I smoke them?

About 38˚F outside and falling quickly. Might need some gloves around here before too long; my fingers are the part of me that always tends to get cold, but a light fleece jacket is usually fine down to about 30˚F or so for my core. Only problem in winter is the furniture is cold and it freezes your ass.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 19 others like this.
  5. muddler

muddler Active Member

Much cooler here this morning. Breezy with some cloud around. Very pleasant.

Over the past month or so I've been moving back onto the Lats quite a bit. This after a break of about two years when I really went off the stuff. And it's late Spring here - so, for me at least, it's not a cooler weather thing. So, I kicked off the morning with SG Navy Flake in an Orlik billiard. Now it's Chelsea Morning with the second pot of coffee.

[​IMG]

6. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

FVF in a 1/4 bent Kirsten

7. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning all. As usual, getting stuck in with a Pete Killarney full of Maltese Falcon with the obligatory coffee. I was a little disconcerted as to how quickly the drum of this stuff seems to be emptying while I was packing the pipe but now I'm smoking it it's the last thing on my mind.

8. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Had a nice dinner with a colleague and his fiance this evening, a big fat steak : ) So now I think it's time for something equally hearty, a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake in my Sav 2012 Christmas pipe. I need another one of these pipes... no, no I don't. Yes, yes I do! No, no I don't! Aaaaagh!

9. BernardLerring

Give in to the PAD, you know you want to!

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Gawith Hoggarth American Delight.

rondel65, dBear, Lithua pipe and 24 others like this.
  11. BernardLerring

Cracking on with some Connoisseur's Choice in the Parker Jockey Club after resisting the temptation for some more Maltese Falcon. All accompanied by the obligatory ground coffee for this time in the morning of course.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Glaring at the sermon for some last minute edits. Smoking Escudo in a Jesse Jones bulldog. Drinking strong black coffee.

13. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Meat Pie, in a bent and blasted Dublin.

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Ahh, brisk, 18F with a 20 Knot wind running just about 8F with windchill, inside temp of this old house was 49, mutha likes to keep the heat at 50F! :confused: Pipe synopsis, all 965 thus far :ccup::bing::ccup::ccup::bing::ccup::bing::ccup: Levi did his early morning absolution's and went immediately back to lump status, let the neighbors chickens out, some were happy, some weren't although I don't speak chicken so I'm not sure which was which. :D Good morning PSFer's. :booty:

15. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Many thanks Nick. It must have worked as I'm having my best morning so far. I had a similar operation on the other shoulder about eight years ago. It was also timed for after the grass died so I wouldn't have to pay anybody to mow the lawn. By the end of May it was about 90% again and I was using that shoulder to fly fish with my best Army buddy in Utah. Finest kind of therapy. Don't see any reason this morning the outcome of this one will vary significantly except perhaps eight more years are under the bridge now.

Morning all. 17 chilly degrees in Louisville this morning and cloudy. Cattle dog has temporarily abandoned me for his favorite bed upstairs this morning. Cooking breakfast will bring him downstairs though in a hurry. The only way IU football ever gets on national TV is when they're being mercilessly thrashed by one of the Big 10 powerhouses. And so it was again yesterday up in Columbus. Starting out the day with Peterson Holiday Season 2013 in a Pete 301 w/ coffee. Going to break out some McClelland #5120 this afternoon in an MM General and finish off the day with my most recent favorite baccy, Magnum Opus, in a Sav 641 KS Erica Fiamma I'm strongly considering dedicating to this baccy. It's just so darn good.

Enjoy your Sunday PSFers.

16. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

It's 31 and a light freezing rain here this morning, and that's the predicted high for today, too dark yet to see what's going on but I did see a few drops on the kitchen window while I was making coffee. Smoking some proper English in my Roma author to start the day. I'm hoping we got all the errands run yesterday so's I can stay in and smoke today. I've put the coffee pot on alert...it's going to be busy today. ;)

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Finished up last night's GH Dark Flake, which was loaded in this Radice.

[​IMG]

Getting ready to prepare the Berg family breakfast, and loading some Coconut Twist (from Nick) in this little critter.

[​IMG]

18. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Good morning fellow pipers!!! Just took my first dose of oral meds for sugar this morning. Found out I'm diabetic on Friday. Oh Joy. Now I'm trying to wake up on this 16 degree morning here in the mountains. Strong sweet coffee with an English in probably my Rocktober RockCob. Rock on Rockers. :punk:

19. BernardLerring

Sorry to hear. Brings back not so fond memories of when I got diagnosed in July last year so you're not alone. Got meds aplenty coming out of my ears, and then there's the diet. Still, I can't complain too much, free prescriptions and 4 stone weight (still a way to go though) are a plus. So well come to the PSF Diabetic Support Group.

Second bowl of Connoisseur's Choice in the Parker Jockey Club of the day washed down with a can of diet Coke.

20. zappano

zappano Member

The Sun is shining, time to have a smoke outside, with McCll. Tudor Castle in a new Rehmbrandt ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.