What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beano

beano Member

Very rare third bowl today on my drive back to my weekday home.

Mac B Scottish mix in the mm pony express.

YAPPG, User4408, surlysoul and 22 others like this.
  2. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Mentor, That pipe should have the hell smoked out of it. Then maybe it will smoke as good as it looks!! Puff On:hbang:

YAPPG, User4408, inkybat and 9 others like this.
  3. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Solani Aged Burley Flake in a National straight grain large billiard

YAPPG, surlysoul, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Sail in a Weber apple. Good stuff!

YAPPG, surlysoul, Rockbass and 17 others like this.
  5. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well, I had to work today and it was incredibly long. It's cold and wet out so I barely had any customers. Still expecting sleet tonight, but the chance of it happening has dropped. I just got in from church, everyone brought a soup or chili and we had a Thanksgiving. The food was delicious and it was a really nice evening spent getting to know one another and strengthening our fellowship. I'm winding down now with a blend I received from cigarsarge. My apologies, but I don't remember the name of it, and I've misplaced the namecard that was in the bag. I'm puffing on it in the MM Great Dane Spool. I'll be headed to bed very soon, tomorrow will be another long day.

YAPPG, User4408, surlysoul and 19 others like this.
  6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Well I was going to step outside of the hotel for a quick bowl but it's actually winter here in Alabama. 34 degrees plus the winds blowing. Just a little too cold for me. I guess I'm spoiled having my sunroom to keep me outta the elements. One more full day here in beautiful Alabama then it's back to alittle bit warmer Texas. Y'all smoke a bowl for those of us who can't. Have a fine fine evening.

7. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Clear an' cold here tonight, 14ºF / -10ºC. :snork:

Bulwark flake in a trusty ol' standard Pete 303 with a hot toddy on the side. :puffy:

[​IMG]

8. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Anniversary Kake as another break in smoke on the Rimkus horn and some gran gala to sip.

YAPPG, PyrateMate, rondel65 and 19 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Work is done for the day, and I'm going to watch a TV show with m'lady and the kittens. Getting ready to smoke Tilbury in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with nice li'l icebergs is my drink.

YAPPG, PyrateMate, rondel65 and 21 others like this.
  10. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I had some tinned FVF in the UB canted egg this afternoon.

I had packed it almost a week ago but never had time for it and the darn thing was still moist today. I really prefer SG bulk versions as I find them drier and easier to smoke, but it was still a really good smoke.

YAPPG, Smarty Jones, beano and 20 others like this.
  11. zacROK

zacROK Member

The weekend was hectic and I was only able to get 4 bowls in:oops:. Now it is Monday morning and I finally have time to get a decent enjoyable bowl in:banana:but then it is off to work:mad:. I will be busy packing up and downsizing my life for the next two weeks. Good news is that I lined up a new job and have about three weeks off between my current job and the next one. Got a trip planned to Japan with some good friends.

Now it is Carter Hall in my PSF POY 2015 Kaywoodie Billiard with coffee on the side.
    Best wishes to those that need them and puff on in good heath.

Artistik, YAPPG, rondel65 and 22 others like this.
  12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got a bowl of HU Flanagan (thanks, Simmo!) going in the Squatch prince. The crime tape was no problem, Jim, 'cause the aliens shaved me completely bald. (Even in places I'm not usually bald. :eek:) They also increased my intelligence 400 percent and taught me how to tango.

13. aggman

aggman Active Member

How's that Maple Street? I've tried a couple of Sutliff's and love 'em.

PyrateMate, YAPPG, TedVig and 8 others like this.
  14. aggman

aggman Active Member

smoking Sutliff's Top Shelf in my vintage Barktree.

15. JimInks

Smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09). Going to do a little reading before bed.

Artistik, PyrateMate, YAPPG and 18 others like this.
  16. JimInks

My last smoke before sleep is Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021. Spending a few minutes watching an interview with Jack Larson, who played Jimmy Olsen in the 1950s Adventures of Superman television series.

PyrateMate, YAPPG, rondel65 and 17 others like this.
  17. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Just finished some F&K Black Bayou Mist and discovered the "snork".

18. muddler

muddler Active Member

Two cups of coffee done, on my second bowl - FVF in a GBD New Era. Now to figure the new week out.

[​IMG]

19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Birmingham? Hey, you're in my neck of the woods man. That's cool that you're checking out EWTN; I'm not religious myself, but I think that's really cool that you would drive all the way here to visit the place. Anyone with that much commitment to something that's important to them gets my respect. I live right down the road from their spot, actually, and it's a really nice area: you can be in the woods but not far from town. I love it. Depending on what's going on, maybe you might like to come have a smoke at The Briary. It's a phenomenal shop, and a must-see for pipers visiting the area. Let me know if you have the time and/or the inclination. And yeah, it's a bit chilly out; just my kind of weather! :D

Hello folks. Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard in a Savinelli Capri Root Briar 512 pot. Nice big bowl full of a nice big blend, perfect for porch-sitting in the 22˚F night air here. The air is nice and dry too, great smoking weather. I did wuss out and and put on some gloves though, but hey, my fingers were cold. Typing this on the phone, because I didn't want my computer out here. I just want to enjoy the quiet and the stars, which are unusually nice tonight.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Back on the Maltese Falcon again in the Pete Killarney. Coffee shall ensue forthwith.

PyrateMate, YAPPG, rondel65 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.