What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

10 Russians in the Pete. 10 Ruskies is all I have left as this has been a bad month money wise. So rather than post every time I light up another bowl of TR, I'll wait until next month when we is 'rich'
    again. I will have to go down the hill and pay Canadian prices on the first of the month whilst waiting for the noggins order to arrive. This time I will be counting the minutes. :) A couple more days and I'll be crushing cig butts for the pipe. But, like the good times, this too will pass.

Note to self: Get out there and sell these damned books I keep writing but don't know what to do with.

dying breed, YAPPG, rondel65 and 22 others like this.
  2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

That sucks, I'd send some samples if I could afford the postage. It's times like that I'm grateful for my Badgers Rectum. I hope you get through okay and your finances improve.

In the meantime, a second bowl of Maltese Falcon for the day.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I remember smoking #400 for about 5 months straight. What can I say? It was sctratching the itch.

I have a fair number of jars left, I should open one in the next year or so and see how it's doing.

Alas, this morning, it's leftover Maple Twist, in yesterday's Radice.

4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning, all. Happy Monday! first smoke of the week is Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Of course I'm drinking black coffee. Almost time to start the pick-up. Puff on!

5. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Got my last 4Noggins order in today, I should be all set for about 2 years now once I get the package in from Uhles! Anyway, another new tobacco for me this month was Celtic Talisman, and it arrived. So I smoked a bowl on the way home from work, pretty good but with an unusual dominant flavor that I couldn't identify. Almost flowery I guess. Anyway it was good tabac.

Now I'm about to head out back and smoke my before-bed pipe. I can't decide what though... Capstan Blue or Astley No44 or Dunhill Flake.... hmmmmmmm.

EDIT: Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in my other favorite pipe, a Savinelli Linea Piu bent billiard.

6. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I'm up a bit earlier than usual this morning. I'm smoking a little Briar Fox in the MM Hardwood while listening to the rain. We apparently received a wintry mix overnight, so I'm hoping the roads aren't too bad. Luckily, I live pretty close to work. I sure would like to stay under the blankets for a few more hours.

7. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Robert McConnell Latakia Flake.

8. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Samovar, in a bent and blasted freehand.

9. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Old Companion in a Sydney P Ram short billiard

10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I am 29 pages behind in the WAYS thead. There was no pipe smoking in Little Rock. Four days of sustained winds of 25 MPH and constant drizzle. I've been vapin' alot. Left LR yesterday with more or less clear skies, but the wind was relentless.

Arrived in Montgomery AL last night and it was an abosolutely gorgeous day. After we settled in I was out with my Falson filledd with Old Joe Krantz. Thanks, I reallyy needed that. This morning, before we hit the road again, it's Charlemenge in another Falcon bowl. Can't wait to get home and return to my regular pipeing.

11. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

I think the Celtic Talisman ghosted my mouth

YAPPG, rondel65, dBear and 12 others like this.
  12. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Ashton Gold Rush in the MM Country Gentleman

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

thought I'd start the day with
    [​IMG]
    In my other BBB this time the Tortoise
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------
    posted 2nd. October
    I’ve always had a Bear but now I’ve got a Bulldog as well !
    post #4358 http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/what-are-you-smoking-september-2013.31864/page-218
    follow up where I find Maker post #4439 http://pipesmokersforum.com/communi...ing-september-2013.31864/page-222#post-679897
    I've been so pleased with the BBB Bulldog when I saw this one I just could not help but bid and Wahoo ! won and it arrived this morning
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and it smokes
    [​IMG] even better than it looks
    [​IMG] So now I've a Bear a Bulldog and and a Tortoise :ohyh:

YAPPG, SidZiff, rondel65 and 22 others like this.
  14. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning.
    MCB in a cob with coffee on the side :puffy:
    Another frigid morning here

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

:rofl:

Bowl No. 2 this Monday morning is Peter Stockabye Luxury Twist Flake in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. As the Produce Row walkabout is under way, I'm drinking plenty of complimentary coffee. Puff on!

17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm parked down in the local park smoking Astleys 44 about to practice the speech I have give tomorrow.

18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

After a brief trip out to get the rent money, I can now finally relax with a Parker Jockey Club full of Connoisseur's Choice.

19. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

FVF in a Kaywoodie super grain pot

YAPPG, rondel65, dBear and 15 others like this.
  20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

A frigid morning commute accompanied by villiger late night in the bamboo red rockcob with some coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.