1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Trains were all messed up this morning, I guess because its cold out. So I had Barbara return to the station and bring me back home. Working from home again today. Which means I'm smoking. Before the aborted trip, I had my normal EMP, followed by two pipes of CH. Got to get some more work done the will light up some John Bull I a cob.

Artistik, YAPPG, rondel65 and 21 others like this.
  2. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Celtic Talisman that's Gawith right? They seem to also sell that tobacco in snuff form, which I've ordered. Curious to see if that Lakeland floral scent comes through in a non pipe tobacco.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

FMOTT in the Pete bulldog with my morning coffee.

Not as cold this morning but it feels like snow. The book cover I'm working on is going well. The deadline is tomorrow at 3 EST but I think I'll have it in tonight. I'm going out to Halifax to spend Christmas with my mother this year and I have a lengthy list of work to complete before the train departs in 3 weeks! (I also hope all my tobacco and pipe orders arrive soon!)

Happy monday folks! Hope it's as productive as you intend.

4. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

33 and still here this morning, going to get all the way up to 45. At least the ice will melt:)
    Starting the day with McC # 14 in a Larson prince. Going a little easy on the coffee, I think I over dosed on it yesterday. Still drinking some but not like yesterday.

Artistik, YAPPG, rondel65 and 18 others like this.
  5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Moving on to a cob-full of Mac Baren BLB :puffy:
    I was unable to get to the smoke shop yesterday, and my supply of my standard blends is running low :doh:
    So I'll be alternating between MCB and BLB throughout the day.

Have a great Monday :)

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having an afternoon tipple of Haddo's Delight in the BC Belami

7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I am happy to say that work has been busier than expected lately, but it is cutting into my PSF time. I helped my parents move from Wichita to Lincoln this past weekend and had lots of windshield time with a Peterson and some Rum Flake. I am starting today with some Penzance in Comoy's bulldog and coffee. Its finally winter here in Colorado, so I am in a good mood. Happy Monday.

8. notrab

notrab Member

I have been to busy with school and work to even think straight so I've been smoking CH out of what ever pipe is within reach!!

Artistik, surlysoul, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Pa in a Dr plum Canadian. More breaking in...watching three stooges play football. Entertaining.

Artistik, surlysoul, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

My friend, that is one beautiful pipe. That shape, which I call a banker, but which seems to have many names, is a favorite of mine. I hope that the fine citizens of PSF won't object if I self-indulgently post a couple of pictures to show what I mean. They are both from Ian Walker (Northern Briars). Here is one he has on his site:

[​IMG]

And here is one that I own, a real champion of a pipe:

[​IMG]

So I call it a banker. Others call it an author (to which I respectfully object), and now I see someone call it a diplomat. Either way, it's a damn fine shape, and yours is a gorgeous example. Also, how do you like that Former Cross Grain Flake? I have eyed those tobaccos but have yet to try them.

Good morning folks. Just for Dwaugh, I am smoking some Wilke #622 in a Savinelli. Berg may have forgotten about Carole, but I haven't. :) In fact, it was you (Dwaugh) who put me on to the Wilke blends in the first place, by way of Berg if I'm not mistaken. And now I have jars full of the stuff that I smoke all the time. So thanks for that.

11. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

YAPPG, dBear, WalkinStick and 4 others like this.
  12. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Treating myself to a second bowl of Haddo's Delight.

13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Really love that shape! Why do you object to calling it an author? Because author is a different shape?

surlysoul, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 2 others like this.
  14. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Carter Hall, Cob, Coffee.... the great American breakfast. Chilly morning for the start of a short week. Good Morning All!

Artistik, surlysoul, YAPPG and 22 others like this.
  15. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Middletons cherry blend in a CDL.

surlysoul, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

On second pipe of John Bull and another cup of Lucky Irish tea.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    surlysoul, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  17. zacROK

zacROK Member

I am in the process of packing and getting ready to move soon, so I am smoking up some of the remnants tonight. Had a bowl of leftover burly blend in a MM Legend and now am on some PS Luxury Navy Flake. I also have about a 1/4 of a tin of Nightcap to get through. I wish all cleanup was this easy.:rolleyes:

surlysoul, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    Still battling this cold so I'm not smoking as much as I like, but, I'm still smoking. I started off the day with a pretty strong smoke. GH Dark Plug XX which I received in a trade with Old Ted. I smoked it in a Pete 999 Fermoy with black coffee on the side. I'm thinking of you Dave, please get better!

Paul

surlysoul, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

YAPPG, Smarty Jones, dBear and 4 others like this.
  20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Yeah, the banker has an oval shank and has a large diameter at the bottom of the bowl which tapers upward. An author has a fat, round shank and is just kind of fat in general. Here is a picture from Greg Pease's collection website:

[​IMG]

Pease lists it as a member of the apple family of shapes, and I suppose that's right. The banker, to me, is a pretty unique shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.