What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

At the blues jam, wishing I had my pipe. Was smoking old dark fired in a stanwell before I left. Should have brought it with...

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Work is done for the day. I made very good progress despite several necessary distractions. I'm moments away from smoking Top Shelf in a 1980 raw sienna light relief Rossi 1886 Visconte 245 Oom Paul with an Amber colored stem. Top Shelf... almost as good as drinking! Going to do some reading before sleep.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

A day wouldn't be complete without smoking something in the Squatch Stout Volcano - so I've stuffed it full of Peretti Oriental #40 and am heading over to Netflix.

[​IMG]

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Back on the Maltese Falcon in the Pete Killarney. Off to my Parents this afternoon so no pipe smoking till the weekend. Best make the most of this morning.

6. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

A bowl of Butera: "Royal Vintage Blended Flake" in my De Luxe: "Silver Ring" pipe. At the same time right now I am also enjoying a cup Greek coffee while listening the beautiful music of great Iranian composer and player of Tar and Setar, Hossein Alizadeh. A kind of music that is a "trip" to Byzantium, East Meditteranean and Middle East and shows the mix and the links of the musical cultures of these historic and so important areas of the world.

7. BernardLerring

Cramming in a second bowl of Maltese Falcon while I can, wondering if I can fit in another smoke after this.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Amsterdam in a Rockcob
    I am drinking black coffee

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Late as hell here, been out doing stuff and things. I have the whole week off from school and work, and I just get to relax and enjoy the holiday. Hard to beat that, man. So I'm staying up all damned night as you can see.

I got a wild hair (or is it "hare"?) and dug up some Lake Sauce from SouthBound and Morse, and I smoked a couple of blends. First was Grasmere, the most unique pipe tobacco I've ever smoked, and then Bob's Square Cut, a new favorite G&H offering of mine. Both were smoked in a Lakeland-dedicated Spillcob. I always hesitate to post effusive reviews in this thread because of Berg's Law or whatever (basically I don't want all you people buying all this stuff up so I can't get any), but these are two really great blends, and they at least deserve to be mentioned as such. Good night folks, hasta maƱana.

10. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Maltese Falcon, in a blasted Dublin.

11. zappano

zappano Member

Nice Pipe mate!

WalkinStick, dBear, JimInks and 8 others like this.
  12. BernardLerring

Having some Connoisseur's Choice in the Parker Jockey Club, probably the last smoke I'll have till Saturday so I'd better savour it.

WalkinStick, User4408, dBear and 19 others like this.
  13. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Earlier tonight I smoked an MM Ozark Mountain full of Captain Earle's Honour Blend while the wife napped in my shoulder.

Before that I started breaking in a new pipe with Briar Fox.

14. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning everyone. Having laptop problems, so posting from my phone. First of the day is Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in my MM Spool. Black coffee from an old Steak&Shake mug. Puff on!

15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Newminster Superior Round Slices in a 1/4 bent Kirsten
    Another cup of coffee

zacROK, WalkinStick, dBear and 15 others like this.
  16. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

Jack Knife Plug in my 303 Peterson. Before that some bulk C & D Red in same. Just scored both up at Puff & Stuff in Decatur. Can't say nice it is to have found a good tobacco shop in Atlanta. Area. It hit it about twice month.

zacROK, WalkinStick, dBear and 19 others like this.
  17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Tuesday,

Just now recovering from a serious dance party that took place in my dining room last evening. It started innocently enough - Mrs Berg and I were playing cards at the table, the girls were playing on the porch.

Daughter #1 came in the room and whispered in my ear "Daddy, can we play that song where the guy says "Kiss my ass goodbye"?" (For those of you who don't recognise the rather oblique reference, it's John Prine's "Please Don't Bury Me") When I said yes, she was on itunes in a flash, and the party was started. When daughter #2 heard the music she dropped her crayons and and joined the ruckus - think somewhere between Jesco White and Dean Collins - Good Lord, what a hoot, those two danced around for a couple of hours, everything from The Clash to Jo Stafford. I'm still smiling.

This morning's smoke was Dark Flake in a Squatch.

18. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

18 degrees in Louisville. Snow called for this afternoon, less than 1" accumulation. 4Noggins Lord Methley's in a funky little Oldenkoff Diamant 307 w/ coffee. Will switch to AJ's VaPer in a Pete 312 or cob for the afternoon.

19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning PSFers. 21 pages behind, but I will catch up today. I am starting this day with CH in a CG and CC coffee. Puff on, I'll read em all.

20. BernardLerring

Finishing off the last of the Connoisseur's Choice while exploring this new TR.com layout, not sure if I like it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.