What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF - My Thanksgiving weekend starts now. Smoking Condor long cut for OT in a Falcon. Red wine on the side

2. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, no pipes for me recently, but I am enjoying reading about them and living vicariously through all of you. The weather, and being under the weather, have sadly made the past few days pipe-free for me.

3. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Back from a work/holiday dinner and relaxing with some Villiger Late night in a Peterson bulldog.

4. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Restricted draft remedied on another formerly irksome meerschaum by application of an 1/8" drill to the tenon. Is that how all meerschaums are engineered? Is there a reason for doing that based on how they smoke a pipe or the type of tobacco commonly smoked in that region? I'd hate to think they are doing it as a joke on us westerners!

Magnum Opus in said meerschaum, while contemplating the possible cultural complexities of merely adopting the artifacts of another culture.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Had a little 1776 Tavern thanks to BigJ while taking a break at work in the 28F temp. A little snorking keeps you warm though.

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Feel better! Looking outside it looks like it'll be a pretty poor morning for lounging outside for a smoke.

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Norwegian in a Kaywoodie carburetor large billiard

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Hope you get better soon

but i will smoke something for you now something terrible and disgusting so you don't miss out on anything good
    :puffy::puffy::puffy:

9. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

A few drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of just off the stove boiling water and a towel over your head may ease the sinus congestion. Hope you are feeling better soon.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Work is done for the night, which surprised me some. Going to watch a TV show with m'lady and the kittens. Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'll be smoking Compton's Balkan Mixture in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

11. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

John - So you say you are having some more Borkum Riff?

12. zacROK

zacROK Member

Got my contract for my new job this morning. Celebrating with a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in a GBD Rockroot Billiard. Looking forward to finishing this job up next week and taking a nice long vacation.

13. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Well I made it to Ohio.

And though it's freezing, I'm headed to the garage for some 5100 in a DGE Spool.

14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

My condolences.

Hello folks. Rain turning into snow pretty quickly here. I'm about to go drive around and see how long I can go before I crash into something.

Penzance in a Neerup. (And no, I'm only joking. Ohio isn't so bad. Especially NE Ohio.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  15. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

07 Briar Fox in a Balleby blowfish, sippin' Dickel 12. This is my first bowl of Briar Fox, and WOW! Goooood stuff!

16. briarbob

briarbob Member

17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Well well well...I'm at a point of the night where if I had a pipe it may turn out to be a bad idea. I've been celebrating since 1pm and just went out with my buddies for lots of beer, whiskey and a good cigar. But there's a part of me that wants to crack that last Yuengling and pack something into the pipe. Ah...what'll it be then, eh? I've got to think about it for a minute. If I were to go with my gut instinct it would be Stokkeybye Luxury Navy Flake because I love that stuff, but it burns so goddamn long. I've got to go to sleep soon. Dark Flake, Dark Plug, any rope tobacco or Old Joe Krantz are out of the question. That might just ruin me. So, maybe it'll just be burley like Prince Albert. But I'm not feeling like a prince, I'm feeling like a king, so what's fit for a king? Latakia is fit for a king. And I'm feeling like my head is far away from home so adding some oriental makes sense. Ok, Pelican. Yes, Pelican it's got to be for the final smoke of the evening after I've already taken it too far. And the pipe will be a small one or else I'll cause myself trouble. Amphora Xtra 814. That's the ticket. Then the midnight train departs. Au revoir, Pee Wee!

18. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Cold night in MN. Went to the venue for tomorrow's show to set up and run the show. Heat was on the Fritz. chilly! Now smoking sail in a savinelli silver 320ks. First bowl in this pipe!

19. moosecop

moosecop Member

just in from work and having a peterson irish army bent filled with drew estate central park stroll.. like to rotate aromatics with straights to see the differences.. looking forward to trying some christmas blends to see what they are about.. are they what santa smoked?

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm smoking MacBaren Roll Cake in a 1979 black sandblasted medium bend Savinelli Non Pareil 9606 Billiard with a horn ferrule. This stuff is pretty spicy, but I have plenty of ice water and floaty li'l icebergs to see me through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.