What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking McC Dark Navy Flake in the Squatch scoop. Either that or I'm scooping Squatch Navy Flake in the dark McC smoke. Or I'm flaking Dark Smoking Squatch into the McC scoop Navy. I guess I'm not really sure. Aw heck, g'nite!

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. As hard as Stormy's raining outside, I imagine catching fish would indeed be an angler's dream.

3. zappano

zappano Member

sounds extremely good! :punk:
    and congrats Mr. van Vliet :thu2:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. muddler

muddler Active Member

We had a big storm come through last night & dump some welcome rain. This morning is clear & bright, as it so often is after a storm. Summer thunderstorms comprise much of the rainfall activity here on the SA highlands & mostly in the late afternoon through the evening. Kicking off the new day with coffee & a bowl of FVF in a GBD New Era lovat.

[​IMG]

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Not sleepy yet, so I'm going to smoke one more bowl this morning, which is South Seas in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Molly and Suzy want to catch some ear plugs, so I'll oblige them for a little while.

6. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Just finished a Dubhill Flake, mostly rubbed and cannon balled into an MM Gent. Tea on the side.

It's been a good day. So far I've gotten a free cookie, candy canes and a juice plus presents if video games and tobacco. The wife is about to serve
    schnitzel and I have a flake drying for this evening.

Damn good birthday so far.

7. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

[​IMG]

Smoking Hearth & Home: "Old Companion" in the Hellenic Pipe Smokers Forum (pipeclub.gr) 2012 anniversary '' 'Liverpool-Dublin' Canadian" pipe made by the collaboration of four Greek pipe makers - members of our club. The pipe makers in alphabetical order that made this pipe are: Anastasopoulos Konstantinos, Gourvelos Kostas, Kyriazanos Michail, and Salas Antonis. At the same time, I am drinking a freddo cappuccino coffee with a glass of cold water, eating a home made cookie, and reading the nice book "Le Fou De Bergerac" by Georges Simenon in a late 1960's Greek language publication. Well, all these are a good companion to "Old Companion" pipe tobacco!

8. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

McClelland Blue Mountain.

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Meditating on some Vauen Virginia Flake No. 14 in a Millville Supreme ...

[​IMG]

This tobacco doesn't really taste like a cigar, but it satisfies the occasional cigar craving. No. 14 has those warm, thick, chocolaty notes of a Montecristo No. 2 Pirámide while still tasting and smelling like good pipe tobacco. The snork is buttery and creamy with a slight amount of grab. Maybe there's some burley in there. The nic is just on the high side of medium. Very nice.

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

:sailor:

11. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Murdock's Pipe, in a bent and blasted freehand.

12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Belated :bday:

13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Or Olam in a Piersel Rhodesian

14. zappano

zappano Member

Good Morning Pipe Mates!
    Start the day with HU Indaba in Nording, XXL Coffee on the side :bing:

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I want to wish Sillyoldbear a belated happy birthday. Melorning, everyone else. I'm smoking MB HH MV in my MM Diplomat. The usual beverage of mornings everywhere. Time for work.Puff on!

16. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Congratulations Cpt. bdp

17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Starting this day with Red Cake in a Community coffee is at hand. It's going to be a cool windy day here in North Florida. I am sure glad Miss Daisy allows pipe smoking inside (except latakia).

18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Congrats man! You deserve a party. But now you have a whole new problem: I've got you hooked on expensive tobacco (Reiner LGF, for one), and I've got you using my descriptive classifications for pipes. Next thing you know you'll be smoking House of Calabash blends and collecting English pipes.

Early morning again for me. I don't know what's up with that, but I'm not complaining. I love seeing the winter sunrise, especially as there's a very light dusting of shimmering snow and frost, glistening like diamonds in the long-angled sunlight. Man I love this time of year.

Smoking Bosun Cut Plug (this one came from SouthBound many moons ago and is still very fresh) in a cob. I think I am in love with this blend, and a couple of the others from the Ye Olde Cumbrian Soap House and Florist. I need to take the plunge and reassign a couple of briars to be used as Lakeland pipes, because I think this is going to be ramping up. It's perfect, really: can't choose between VA and Latakia? Just go with G&H. But I know where to get the rare ones and I'm not telling any of you where that is. So yeah. Good morning, folks. A nice, cool 30˚F, and my coffee is billowing steam.

19. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

29 in Louisville, 1" of snow on the ground, more over in the mountains. Not supposed to get above freezing today and only 18 tonight so it may stick around for the holiday. 50s again by the end of the week.

Peterson Gold in a 999 w/ coffee this morning. Think I'll haver some 5100 in a cob this afternoon.

Hope everybody gets off work early today to kick off the holidays. Tis the season.

20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Almost like winter this morning, as I type, the snow has turned to freezing rain. It's about damned time we got some seasonal weather.

Today is (hopefully) my last working day this week, and I started it off with leftover GH Dark Flake in yesterday's Radice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.