What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well here in southern Maine it's 54F, go figure. A belated happy birthday silly old bear and congratulations to phd candidate Cpt Beefheart. Get well FlatbushPaul and jdto.

Once again I fell off the radar, my back and legs have not responded at all to last weeks infusions so I'm getting rest when and where I can because I have to go see a possible client today so I have to be mobile and infusion is a day late this week due to Thanksgiving. Had a few bowls yesterday and some PRM's. Started today off with 965 in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem and heading for PRM #3 and grab another pipe in the rain. Good Morning PSFer's...... :ccup:

2. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Be careful FnB, you don't need a fall. Hope the possible client works out for you.

3. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Had to stop ay B&M for wife's cigs. Of course I checked out the pipe tobacco section (which is always small) and guess what? In the new P&C catalog I saw Stokkabye 4th
    generation and thought I would try it. My store had all of their line that is in the catalog. Bought their 1897. Had two bowls of it last night and love it!

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Mellow Virginia in the MM Diplomat

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:cfsd: :sh: :msty:
    How do you make a Bear cross ? Nail two together :old:

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    A belated Happy Birthday sillyoldbear and congratulations to CptBeefheart. Sante, I hope you start feeling better soon. My continued thoughts and prayers go out to Tricia and OT. And I'm still wondering how Old Codger is. Has anybody heard anything?

I started this wet and nasty morning with P & W Nut Brown Burley in a Ferndown 3* Bark Dublin with Cumberland stem and a Silver band. Black Ethiopian Sidamo coffee on the side for the ride into work.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Presbyterian Mixture in a Peterson Shannon 999

9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking the stone haven I set aside for last nights smoke, but ended up falling asleep early and didn't awake til the morning. So enjoying a very dry bowl of stone haven in my Roma with some coffee for the morning commute.

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning fella's, no pipe, lots of snow on the overnight. Morning commute peppered with the usual idiots who just realized it's winter and they have not put the snows on. All this conspiring to deny my AM pipe. FnB, keep on slugging. JDTO, get well. At least there's black coffee.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:p:
    :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning all.
    A chilly misty morning here, temp of 38(F).

Starting up a MM Washington filled with Rekamepip's Winter Blend (courtesy of Ruff, and I assume blended by Rekamepip himself) :puffy:
    This is good! Hey Rekamepip what's in it? :)

13. Albert

Albert Active Member

Macbaren old dark fired ready rubbed in the commuter cob... One shift to go before a four day weekend .... You can do it al

14. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Great news! Congratulations!

15. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Woke up with temps in the fifties, but Nor'easter is here. Heavy rain and wind. So working from home. Started the smoking day at 4am with EMP in the largest Peterson system pipe. Next came Irish Oak in the mm CG cob. Temps are already falling. Expected to hit freezing by 4pm. Driving should be fun, but since I am home, I plan to stay here.

16. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Last smoke of the day was SG Kendal Mayor's Chocolate Flake rubbed and balled in a Dr Grabow Viscount bulldog.

Thanks for all the well wishes, today was a great day!

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Off to a slow start this morning been sitting here for an hour with headache
    drinking coffee waiting for aspirin to kick in

i am so glad that i don't drink and party anymore - i could not survive the hangovers

One more bowl of cowboy blend in pipestone pipe and another clay stein full of maxwell house coffee should do me
    all while doodling on a few briar chunks

100_6818.JPG

18. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

#2 is PSLNF in my MM Diplomat.

19. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

37 chilly degrees here in my part of Texas. Looks to be a beautiful sunny day. Going to go to the office in a bit. In spite of taking the entire week off, I can't stay away. Freaking sic! Just want to make sure everything is running properly then it's back home. Enjoying a bowl of Squadron Leader in a ol'Pete Kildare P-Lip that was one of my first estate pipes purchased years ago. Y'all have a fine fine day and if you're traveling be careful out there!

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Oof...when will I learn that lesson? Reiner in the Jost Regent. I need some coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.