1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Finishing a dgt'd bowl of Sunday picnic in my dry Oscar Dublin. Had a fun day with the kids today and got a lot done around the house. Weather I since mid 30s no wind. A nice night for smoking. Probably going to have some Latakia next.

Morse, dBear, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
  2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Pease Lombard from 1/06 in my altinok Canadian.

Morse, dBear, rondel65 and 17 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe Fragrant Virginia in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, Rock on PSFer's and Mrs Calabash, see you when I see you tomorrow............ [​IMG]

Morse, dBear, psquared and 19 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Relaxing after a wonderful chicken dinner cooked and graciously served to me by m'lady. She obviously didn't trust the Saint Bernard. Going back to work before long, but in the meantime, I'm smoking Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty lil icebergs that strive to be of service.

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 17 others like this.
  5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

MrsB's famous fried chicken dinner:ngty:

now for a smoke :sh:

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 16 others like this.
  6. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

They haven't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to post some pics when they get here in the new purchases thread.

And, yeah...only held out for a week. But since I get paid at the beginning of the month I had that money burning a hole in my pocket. It's a good thing the Mrs. and I have separate spending accounts in addition to the joint account we use for bills and living expenses (though, think I could successfully argue that feeding PAD/TAD is a living expense??)

Time to go out for some Carter Hall in my little beat-up Czechoslovak pipe.

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 18 others like this.
  7. cdymora

cdymora Member

Snuk two pipes out with me tonight. Briar Fox in a straight MM cob, followed by squadron leader in a straight one. Hope the missus doesn't start catching on to my tricks ;) happy smoking gents!

8. Billy Ockham

Billy Ockham Notice when you’re happy.

My very first bowl of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture.

Loaded her up into a Castello 55. Side of warm apple cider with a wee splash of spiced rum.

A blissful 50 mins later, I found myself sipping on an empty bowl. I'd heard this blend compared to Bayou Morning, and I understand the comparison. I smoked both blends today and found them similar. But EM started out sweeter, and ended spicier (as do many of life's very best experiences).

As I finished, I looked down at my pipe and said "Well, now you done did it, you big dummy. This is the big one."

[​IMG]

What a completely enjoyable smoke!

I enjoy my lone Castello pipe very, very much, and I have never considered dedicating it to a single tobacco. But this masterful Dunhill blend has me thinking...

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 21 others like this.
  9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bayou Morning in a Falcon. Ice cold can of Coke Zero to drink. Bout time for kick-off of the Colts over the Texans. Go Colts!!!

Morse, dBear, Calidadd and 18 others like this.
  10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Last smoke of the night, having some G, H and Co Balkan Mixture in the Pete bulldog.

Our Indian neighbours are celebrating Diwali (a festival of lights) and I'm smoking in the courtyard where they've put all these tiny candles for a ritual. Makes the dreary November night a lot brighter and cozier.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! I'll actually be very relieved to get back to my normal working schedule tomorrow.

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 20 others like this.
  11. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Well I bought two circa 1980's new old stock unsmoked dunhill's off ebay last week at a reasonable price, and they both arrived yesterday. I spent last night polishing the oxidation off the stems and buffing them. This morning I had Dunhill Elizabethan in the 3208 (saddle bit, bent bulldog) bruyere and this afternoon I had Wessex Brigade Campaign in the shell 3103 (straight bit, billiard). Both pipes smoked very well. :)

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Ha ha ha! I haven't heard that song in ages.

14. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Stonehaven in a Peterson
    With thanks to a good trade

fishnbanjo, Morse, dBear and 15 others like this.
  15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

just finished a bottle of Beringer Californian Zinfandel (again :dkn:) taken the wheelie bins out for the trash in the morning and there's a hard frost, the car was all white and the bin lids frozen shut, so the plant harvest was a good call earlier on :th1: finishing the last pipe at 02:00 Monday morning the BBB straight Bulldog with Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco :puffy:
    Good Night All and Good Night PipeSimmo :poke: :ohyh:
    [​IMG]

16. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Nice quiet day today. Finishing up with a bowl of Dans Milonga in the Rad Davis, sandblasted slightly bent chubby apple. Red wine on the side and The Rockford Files on Netflix. Milonga is a nice aromatic, but the more I smoke GH flakes, the more I like them to the exclusion of most everything else.

fishnbanjo, dBear, psquared and 23 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking CD Blend in a 1980s made in London no name smooth straight apple. Going to work now, and am listening to C-Span 3's documentary on President Eisenhower.

18. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Peterson's Holiday '13 in the Oscar Lucite. Pretty ****ty day.

fishnbanjo, Morse, Alan Dye and 14 others like this.
  19. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

Back in Tennessee. Last bowl of the day is Frog Morton on the Town in a Castello.

20. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

LTF in a Peterson African meer Dublin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.