What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm starting the week off with GH Best Brown #2 from '08 in a Cellini Slightly Bent Billiard with black Guatemala Antiguan coffee.

Happy Monday Smoking,
    Paul

fishnbanjo, Morse, User4408 and 20 others like this.
  2. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

[[​IMG] quote="Wicker Man, post: 710023, member: 4104"]You've joined the Walrus Club :ngty:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    you'll be receiving the funny handshake book of instructions in the post
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in a Green Bowl Yello Bole Windows Paint[/quote]

fishnbanjo, Morse, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Good Morning Doctor Strang [​IMG]

BradNTX, fishnbanjo, Morse and 13 others like this.
  4. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Starting a loooong hard week with Walnut in the MM GD Spool, with black coffee.
    Gonna have to find time to put a tobacco order together, as I'm scraping the bottom of the bucket in both Walnut and Carter Hall.

fishnbanjo, Morse, User4408 and 19 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hello again PSFers! Bowl No. 2 is Peter Stockabye Luxury Twist Flake in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. I'm on the P. R. walkabout, so complimentary coffee is my drink. Puff on!

BradNTX, fishnbanjo, Morse and 20 others like this.
  6. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:xd: :appl: you'll be the thin one on the right then Slim :cfsd:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. zacROK

zacROK Member

On my way out of work today, I noticed a box with my name on it. It was my last 4noggins order. I am now smoking a bowl of Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow Lark, both from that box. Happy Monday to me.

8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Spent Sunday afternoon cleaning up and organizing my tobacco supply and finally started a spread sheet listing all the tobacco in my cupboard. Needless to say, I found several jars with two or three pipes full of tobacco left in them. So I decided to start smoking them to clear space for more of the blends I actually smoke very often. One of the blends I discovered was Proper English Bastard, but before you start looking this up on TR or Google, it was blended by our very own JohnnyDingo. I remembered liking this blend a lot when he gave it to me a year or so ago and I was hording it knowing that I would never be able to replace it. This morning I smoked Johnny's Perfect English Bastard while on my commute with hot black Community Coffee on the side. The year or so in the jar has really blended these tobaccos well. The Latakia is a perfect companion to the Virginia leaf and is that a little Perique in there as well? It is slighly spicy (peppery?), but VAs usually give me a little tounge tingle and I could be confusing that with the perique. Anyway, it is a perfect smoke for this cool (47*F), windy morning in North Florida. Thanks again Johnny. I still have a couple of bowls full left.

9. user3610

user3610 Member

Smoked a 10 year old tin of BBF w/ a 10 year old scotch- in the Smokies for my 10 year wedding anniversary!

[​IMG]

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Welcome to Monday. JFG Brown flake in the egg, black coffee, clear skies and a sharp 26F.

11. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Percolated coffee, Captain Black White in a Dr. Grabow pot. Just cause.

12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Thanks to rondel65 I am enjoying the last bowl of Fillmore in the sample He sent and doing so in my altinok talon churchwarden. I will definitely be adding this to an upcoming order.

13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Have you had the original? I'm wondering if it compares, I had some 965 Match by Sutliff recently and I was really impressed.

fishnbanjo, YAPPG, dBear and 6 others like this.
  14. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Woke up to see Toronto all covered in frost.

Smoking McCs 5110 in the Sasieni ruff root panelled billiard with some french press.

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Happy anniversary! Perfect shot!

fishnbanjo, YAPPG, dBear and 9 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Woke up early for no good reason, so I invented one: Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant blowfish. Suzy and Molly have hardly noticed me. M'lady had already fed them, and they've been rolling 'round the floor fightin' and playin' and fightin' and playin' again. They'll run out of steam before long, but it least they give me something fun to watch in the meantime.

17. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Christmas is coming. I like that pipe. It's mighty nice.

I have also been wondering what has become of OC. I enjoy his posts very much. Hopefully he'll show back up. I know I sometimes will stop visiting a forum for several months and then come back to it later on. I did that here one time, actually.

Good morning folks. Having Stonehaven in a Peterson for breakfast. Nice and sugary. Locally roasted Kenyan coffee on the side. There is already some guy on his riding mower right now. I mean, I know you're supposed to do it in the morning, but on a Monday? Better him than me.

18. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Got my down coat on with the yellow-stemmed Rossi hanging out of my mouth full of Escudo. It's pretty chilly out here....will I really be able to do this all winter? Yikes, I hope so.

I'm busy planning this afternoon's lesson. The director of the writing program comes by and observes all the teachers once a semester and today is my turn. Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it, but this will be my fifth observation and the previous four went well. Not as much nerves involved this time as those first couple.

19. tdog

tdog Member

Took the dog for a walk in the woods this morning had a cup of black coffee .then went to sit in the garage for my first smoke of the day a bowl of steeplechase in my Mr brog. nice chillout time

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't had the original, but I had the stuff that was being produced before Dunhill's absence from the market. I think that was Murray's? But I was merely dabbling with the pipe back then and couldn't smoke and appreciate it - I always scorched the heck out of my mouth and was approaching things all wrong in a number of ways (I had been led to believe the only kinds of pipe tobacco were "English blends" and aromatics, and didn't like either one very well right off the bat, with few exceptions - Durbar being one such exception, which even I could tell was high quality). I ended up taking a long break from trying to smoke a pipe, sticking with cigars. Eventually, I gave it another shot and loved it...but Durbar was already gone, and the rest of the Dunhills soon followed, before I got a chance to go back and try them again

fishnbanjo, Lucky Duck, Morse and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.