1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Ah! I thought maybe you were comparing it unfavourably to the original. I never got to try it either but I really liked the Sutliff or Altadis Match. I wonder if by classic they mean a template or standard for a certain style or combination of tobaccos?

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

One of life's mysteries!

The truth is, while I had a prior version of it in the past, my experiences with it were such that I can't make any useful comparisons and must judge it solely on it's own merits. I can never know how they'd compare, so I can't make any meaningful comparison. As it is, I did enjoy the bowl more by the end than I did initially, but I still wasn't awestruck. There's still time for that, though, first impressions are sometimes fishy.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Waiting for the phone company to come and fix our phone service, otherwise I'd be doing what all brave and courageous men would be doing: sleeping!! :confused: In the meantime, I'm enjoying a bowl of Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Simply Orange is my drink. I'm listening to old radio shows on the XM, and getting ready to clean some pipes.

4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

5. mojo66

mojo66 Member

Uhle's PPB in a Custombilt. :)

6. zacROK

zacROK Member

Had anther bowl of Carter Hall in my new Dr. Grabow Lark. Now I'm having some of my leftover burly blend in it. I got this pipe to bring out for a night on the town and not have to worry to much about it. So far it is handling multiple bowls in a row very well. I'm impressed with this little pipe.

7. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Just took the little lady to the airport to begin her month long visit to Michigan. Now home and back on the porch with a mug of strong black coffee, enjoying a bowl of Dark Va Flake in an Iwan Ries KS 111 made in Italy, straight grain billiard.

8. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Its Monday morning and as the sun rose I was high atop a mountain with a stiff northern breeze at 24 degrees F.. Turning wrenches on heavy equipment gets a little uncomfortable as the fall turns closer to winter. SO---to the work truck for a break. Loaded up one of little group 2-3 size Boswells with some Boswells Sweet tea mild aromatic. A cup of coffee and a warm gentle wisp of smoke rises to meet my nose. Its a wonderful little break in the morning. To all enjoy your day and may your blessings be many and great.:bing:

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

A friend of mine came by, we had some coffee and I smoked a cobful of delicious 7y old Anni Kake, thanks to the generosity of fishnbanjo. :toast:

10. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Party at Nicks.

11. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

I want to try this just for the name alone lol

12. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

today's first smoke! [​IMG]

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While the phone man's catching the problem, I'm catching Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. That's as much humor as I can muster on three hours sleep. ;)

14. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

You luckey rascal. ;) Hope you have a great time. Been up to clingmans dome yet??

15. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

16. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

SWR in a Cob,coffee.Black Duck ln anot her cob more coffee.

17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

18. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Late start today. SWRA in the MM Legend

19. marshallmax

marshallmax Member

I seem to be a little sick... coughing my lungs out this evening..
    But anyway, some C&D Cairo in a Murat Dölen freehand from Germany.

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Me too. I'd recognize Karluv Most (Charles Bridge) anywhere. I lived in Prague for two years, met my wife there and we had our first kiss on that bridge at 5am January 14th, 2006. Definitely one of the best moments of my life and, fortunately, not a Bohemian scandal (although my friend was after the same girl, so maybe it was a bit of a scandal).

It's a shame that tobacco is no longer produced. Maybe they'll bring it back someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.