What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Butera Lat"1 in a Aldo Velani Cutty

2. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

No pipes today since the 9am Escudo...I've become used to a more regular smoking routine so you can be sure I've been ready for this bowl of AJ's VaPer in the Grabow Viscount for a while now. But not a bad day despite that...my observed lesson went well and I got a ton of work done (though still more to do in the late-night hours). Dinner is soon and hopefully then I'll be back to the balcony to tackle the remaining work with a big pipeful of something good.

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking some escudo in red rockcob. Wind is starting to gust a bit as the warm front moves in.

4. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

McClelland 5100 in the Unique Briars canted apple. Awesome.

Granny Smith Woodchuck on the side.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had a great day out in the woods except for the 50 Kamikaze Slate Colored Junco's that mistook me for a rock and tried to land all over me! :confused: Thankfully none lost anything when I moved! :laff: No deer but I'm beat, a good beat one that was earned. Had only a few bowls and the last for the night will be Red Carpet in the MM Diplomat with plum forever stem. I promise to do my best to catch up from today tomorrow so I'll leave you with the night crew, wherever they are, and of course Mrs. Calabash. Hitting the showers and will see you when I see you in the morrow or 3 pages whichever comes first. :byg: Puff on PSFer's.......:buds:

Of course I'm probably the only person in the world that buys a new pipe while in the woods! :ngty:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Rockbass, Lucky Duck, Stormy and 22 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished smoking Dark Twist Roll Cake in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. And just in time, too, because dinner's just about ready to eat.

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

About to fire up my 1st try of Dunhill Elizabethian Mixture courtesy Marker in my Chacom bent.
    Thank you sir for knocking another 1 of my TAD list. :thu2:

9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Finishing off a dgt'd bowl of hamborger veermaster in my larsen waiting on some rubbed out stone haven to dry. It will be my virgin voyage on this rare gem. A big thank you to both bigJ and rondel65 for sending me some to sample. I am looking forward to it.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Bowl number one of the day, bowl number two of 965. Again, in the Kapet pot.

I think I like it.

11. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

MB GE in a Falcon this evening. A glass of iced tea with it.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Earlier I had a bowl of Rum flake in a cob. Now I'm having some Rum flake in a bent falcon. Variety be damned.

13. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

last pipe of the night... and for dessert tonight its mac baren dark twist out of my #69 gold mount supreme peterson... i feel like it couldnt get any better...
    puff on pfsers

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoked a bowl of C&D's Five O'Clock Shadow in a Falcon, that came in the mail today from Smoking Pipes. Folks, it is KICKEN CHICKEN!!!!!!! I called C&D and Chris confirmed that it was our Kicken Chicken. Smoking pipes has it in 2 oz and 8 oz tins. What came in my tin was a 2 oz block and darker than I remember from last Spring. Was gooooood! Kicked my butt, too, cause I hadn't had much to eat up till that time. Been in and out all day and just getting to sit and talk about this fine tobacco. Drink of choice is Ice cold Coke Zero in a can.

15. highstump

highstump Active Member

By skipping 40 odd pages I'm caught up. Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in an Armellini poker. Diet Dr Pepper on the side.

16. Billy Ockham

Billy Ockham Notice when you’re happy.

Dunhill Monday.

Dunhill Flake, folded and stuffed into a '68 Dunhill Shell Briar Billiard.

17. sonarman

sonarman Member

Heck yeah! I gifted about half of mine to my Dad, but still have a nice sleepy jar at the bottom of my cellar!

A very enjoyable bowl of Bancroft Tower from the Owl Shop in " Woostah" Ma.

18. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Last pipe of the evening is Quiet Nights in the MM Diplomat. Nite all.

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Getting out for one last pipe of the evening, the last crumbs of the McC's 5110. The new stuff arrived just in time. Smoking it in the rusticated Brigham apple with red wine on the side. Wanted to have more Dunhill Nightcap but I found it takes me a longer time to smoke than other tobaccos and it's too late to spend an hour with a pipe in the cold.

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

And now for the big bowl of Special Latakia Flake in the Nording. I've been a patient man waiting for this one today. I'm out on the balcony with a spotlight on me so I can see my work. Normally I'd be upset I still had work to do at 9pm, but this pipe is making it alllllllllllright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.