What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Well for me its Tuesday evening and work for the most part is done for the day. SSOO--last night I tried something new as far as a pipe and tonight I shall repeat it with loading up a Scott Hudson reverse Calabash with some Petersons Summertime. For the longest time I was on the fence about these darn pipes and whether the darn things were worth a try. WELL--my verdict is in---they work. At least this little rascal does good. The design had me doubting when I looked at others designed like this but my mind is changing and fast. Last nights smoke was super with it and tonights is one I am enjoying. This may not be my last pipe designed like that--it really has surprised me as I had EXTREME doubts and had the word "gimmick" in my head--not any more.
    The evening air has settled and the light breeze has stopped. The stars appear and then hide as I watch the clouds ever so gently coasting across the sky. Then from the north the lights appear as a large jet looks as if it is just floating along as it approaches and has more miles to go until it reaches our nations capital. The Katy-dids are singing their cool evening songs the smell of smoke from a wood stove hints at my nose--I glance to the sky once more as the beaming and twinkling of Venus shines towards earth like a lone beacon in the distance--oh yes an evening of allowing the mind to wonder and clear from yet another day of dealing with the public and its problems. Right now its just me and my pipe--the aromatic aromas fill the air around me as if a blanket of comfort surrounds me as if to say--be still--relax--the worries of today are gone--the worries of tomorrow will greet you soon enough--they will wait. For now--relax for just a little while--count the blessings and simply be still and patient. To all of my Brothers and Sisters here at PSF--as always may your blessings be many and your burdens be few. I bid you all a good evening and may you all have a better tomorrow.

2. Russell Hartman

[​IMG]
    On a humerous note--I couldn"t resist--I think Churchhill is warning that this is the second strike and then its an all out beatdown. As for the other guy--I am not sure--Philistine---naahhh--I think he's actually from the band "Devo"---whip it--whip it real good.:xd::laff::haha:

3. Russell Hartman

Ok--enough of my stupidity--good evening to all.:toast::bing::bing:

4. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Wickerman, Nom nom nom....:drly::drly::drly:

5. cdymora

cdymora Member

Went in for the night and decided I wasn't finished so... MacB golden xtra in another cobb. Good decision..

6. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Two words..."Yes dear".

7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

More Elizabethan Mixture (from Marker) this time in my Sav 611 KS Straight Grain.
    Good stuff!:th1:

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I had a great steak dinner, and am now relaxing with a bowl of Voodoo Queen in a 1990 Peterson Irish Second Oom Paul natural. I'm really getting into this blend the more I smoke it. Ice tea properly chilled with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

9. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

DFU in the Unique Briars poker.

10. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Mac Baren Mixture Flake in an Andrew Staples pot, followed by a 5 mile cycle around the lake. Thinking about making supper now.

11. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

my first official smoke out of the savinelli classica 614 it shined up pretty nice... mac baren golden yum... i got some dark twist but i like that stuff some much i dont smoke it... isnt that odd? [​IMG]

12. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

oh and thanks wicker man for my new avatar

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That was Churchills famous V for Victory!

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Well, that's gotten me this far. Nice to know I have it pretty much figured out.

15. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    I'm smoking some Middleton Cherry Blend in a Prince that my father bought in Bath (UK) before I was born. I've had the cheery blend since "who laid the chunk". My wife likes the smell; I'm not going to run out and buy more, but once and while it's OK.

16. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm working on a bowl of Pelican from the tin I picked up at Iwan Ries while in Chicago. The vessel of choice is the '91 Ashton Brindle X Billiard, which is sublime.

[​IMG]

17. WalkinStick

Kendal Kentucky in a falcon. That's right, BV. A falcon. Not a cob. Tell google to take that!

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Been enjoying a bowl of Books For Meerschaum's Only Reserve in a Falcon , thanks to the samp[le from Flatbush Paul, for about an hour. Sipped very slowly it is amazing how long it lasted. I can't do justice to this blend, but to me it was the orientals in it that made it very good and worth sipping on. Sipping on some Coke Zero tonight.

19. WalkinStick

I've wanted to try that for a long time. I love great Orientals. Glad to hear that it doesn't disappoint.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

MB No.1 in a black walnut wood pipe should prove interesting.........

:th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.