What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Thinking that perhaps I had not given it a fair shake I'm trying another bowl of Dan's Milonga in the Rad Davis sandblasted apple. Dried it out a bit more than before and that's made a definite improvement. So definitely worth the revisit but my conclusion from the previous bowl holds, I still prefer GH flakes like Grasmere, Aromatic Brown and Rum Flake - the mix of those traditional British flavourings and the stronger tobacco taste being the difference.

Red wine on the side - no doubt adding to the verbosity.

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I have had a great day. Not only is it unseasonably warm out with no wind, but a weeks worth of worry has gone out the window as the results of my wife's biopsy came back negative. A week ago her doctor noticed a growth in her thyroid. She will still need surgery, but cancer it is not. The worries made me bury myself in work and I was extremely productive and just when you think things can't get better I noticed the mailman left me a puffy envelope from walkinstick that is filled with a bunch of tobacco I have never tried. Combining this with what bigJ and rondel65 sent me i am looking like a small time pot dealer in some random college campus. Baggies everywhere. Lol

So to cap things off right, I am smoking my first bowl of sg bbf in my larsen. Pipe rotation police be damned. Thanks jake.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Same here. Just lit up another Falcon with some #40 Oriental. Of course it hasen't the age on it as FMOR but the orientals are just as spectacular and a heck of a lot cheaper. Gotta reorder this real soon.

4. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

GL Pease Telegraph Hill in a Dr. Grabow:bing:

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:appl:

Billy Ockham, Snake, cdymora and 5 others like this.
  6. WalkinStick

Good news all around! Glad to hear it brother! :th1:

7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Glad to hear the great news Eric! That's gotta be a load off your family's mind. Definitely going to keep y'all in my prayer's!

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

9. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Really good news about your wife, that must've been scary. Glad it's not as bad as it might have seemed!

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

One more bowl before I call it a night. Gotta get my Lat fix on. Fr. Dempsey in my Meadow's Devil Anse. Basil makes one helluva good pipe. My son's reading a book on planets and he just quized me what the stormiest planet is. I told him "Uranus" As I expected, that one completely went over the head of this 8 yr. old but it gave me a good laugh.

edit: BTW....The correct answer is Neptune.

11. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Peterson's Holiday '13 again...gotta love this stuff

12. phinz

phinz Active Member

STILL working on that Triple Play. This meer is huge, and I took a break to get on the treadmill for an hour.

I'm headed out on a cruise after this book is done. Trying to lose a few pounds so I can actually comfortably wear my tux again. I'm realizing now that my last two novels were driven by salty snacks, sweets, alcohol, tobacco and Turkish dance music. I still have the dance music and tobacco, but the salty snacks, sweets and alcohol have had to fall by the wayside. I'm damned hungry, Jonesing for a good bottle of bourbon and I want a 5 lb. Nestle Crunch right now. Ugh.

I need to set up my treadmill desk again. That way at least I'm walking and not focused on how empty my stomach feels. :bing:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. WalkinStick

I had a hard time liking this post. Cut salty snacks, sweets, and alcohol from my diet, and I pretty much die.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Great news Eric, wish your wife well. Now a short bowl of Margate in the Cob, g'nite all.

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Oh Look - they left Spillproof to man the helm all by himself
    :whis:

I think it is Pizza and Beer Time !

:toast:

16. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

I had a long day at work. Decided to force myself to relax tonight by pulling out the acoustic guitar, cracking open a Long Trail Hibernator winter ale, and sitting and playing to my heart's content. Continuing on the theme of the night with a Dr. G. Cardinal billiard packed to the brim with the ever delicious MacBaren Golden Extra.

17. Morse

Morse Active Member

Remember that it's a partnership, not a contest. That's worked for us for 20 plus years.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working, listening to the news, and smoking Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021 More ice tea, more li'l icebergs.

19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Very glad to hear the news Eric. Something similar is going on at our house, involving my wife.

Started the day/night with pirate Kake in the pete, with the usual strong coffee. This time it is French Roast from Starbucks. i rarely buy their coffee but sometimes it is too easy when living on top of their store. Sumatra is my favourite Starbucks coffee. usually i get something from the KickAss coffee company as it is cheaper but the Sumatra is special.

20. Morse

Morse Active Member

Grats to you and the bride Psquared

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.