1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    Steven Books First Pipe in a Squatch Ring Grain Dublin with a Horn insert with black Ethiopian Amaro Natural coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I have an old LHB pipe that was my grandfather's. Looks very much like a Dr. Grabow Golden Duke rustic. Never really cared for it But smoked some Irish Oak in it last night. That pipe and that blend beLONG TOGETHER.

3. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just had my morning ritual. The little Czech pipe full of Carter Hall after dropping off my daughter. I decided that before I move onto today's work and the next pipe I'm going to exercise. Maybe I can add that to the morning ritual.

Also, great news Eric! I can't imagine how tough it must have been waiting for the results.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

In the morning I was awakened by a big bang from outside the house. I ran outside to see what happened and jumped for joy as I noticed my exploded and totally burst mailbox!

[​IMG]

Thanks to the demolition expert FlatbushPaul I'm in heaven of tobacco sampling right now. So many awesome blends I wanted to try for quite some time, I've been reading reviews about each one of them and they were all on my TAD list. Thanks so much Paul, this made my day - or rather my month.
    Thanks so much Paul!!!
    bdpbdpbdp

Just wanted to look up the Steven Books blends again, but it seems some Bangladeshi Hackers hacked the site of House of Calabash. :eek:

Have to run some errands first, but tonight I'll have a great tasting session!

5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and prayers, it means a lot. I am enjoying stone haven in my mm cob this morning with a cup of coffee. A rainy day, but a warm one. This is the third pipe I have smoked this in and all have been great. Thanks again to Ron and Justin for sending me some.

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good morning all! (and good afternoon to everyone on the other side of the Atlantic) just finished my first smoke of the day, a very enjoyable C&D Star of the East in my bent Bulldog with a side of French press.

Drizzly and mild here in Toronto.

Hope you're all having a great day.

7. Eric

Eric Member

Stonehaven in a Stanwell bent egg

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

How'd I get 9
    pages behind?

Anyway, CH in
    an apple bowl
    with work coffee
    on the side. If
    I can just make it
    Through today..

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I've read it only now while trying to catch up:

Happy anniversary to both of you guys, psquared!! And happy belated birthday to your wife!

Happy anniversary ChrisTiger!

Eric: Sorry to hear about the whole thing, but also very glad about the good news. All the best to both of you.

now stuff to do, then smoking time.

10. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Made it through the exercise and it felt surprisingly pretty good. I feel even better to be on the balcony now at about 60F, sun shining, cup of coffee by my side and the Rossi with Stokkebye LNF folded and stuffed. I've got work-in-progress to resume here at home and quite a few hours before I have to pack up and head to campus to teach my Wednesday lesson.

I am really into this Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake. Influenced by you guys and your cellars, I decided it would be a good idea to stuff some into mason jars. I'll have to try other takes on the navy flake, but I do love this stuff. I've had Escudo, which I really enjoyed, but it's almost twice the price.

11. phinz

phinz Active Member

Back at the keyboard for some more writing. Finishing up that meer from last night/yesterday. Did I mention that the bowl on this thing is huge?

And I'm still hungry. I've managed to shed 5 pounds in the last 3 days, though, so I guess that's something. 14 more and I'll hit the first goal. I've added caffeine back to my diet (quit it 9 months or so ago) so at least I'm not hungry *and* tired.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Coopvaert in a GBD Prehistoric straight apple.

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , I'm so far behind on this thread :eek: ... shame on me

Rekamepip Wizard Stone pipe / Aged MB GE / Coffee

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Loading up the first pipe of the day, the Kaywoodie bent apple, with the morning blend McC 5100 and 2015, 50%/50%. Well wishes to all on this bright sunny Wednesday, and belated Happy Anniversaries and Birthdays.

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon in a newly arrived sandblasted Zavvos. Earl Grey. The radio news. On my balcony.

16. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Mick McQuaid Plug in a Pete 999 Fermoy with more black coffee.

17. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I have to admit that I´ve given up keeping track with these threads. I read the posts on the side when I´m posting. Much like when going to the pub. One greets the guys that are there but doesn´t ask about what has happend earlier.

18. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Carter Hall, Cob, Coffee. Cool morning, but not too bad. A little work in the shop this morning (made a pen for a good friend of mine at work) and now relaxing.

19. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

Decided to have something sweet this morning. Pete's Special 2013 Reserve in my Pete Harp B10 [​IMG]

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

"Imagine that you enter a parlor. You come late. When you arrive, others have long preceded you, and they are engaged in a heated discussion, a discussion too heated for them to pause and tell you exactly what it is about. In fact, the discussion had already begun long before any of them got there, so that no one present is qualified to retrace for you all the steps that had gone before. You listen for a while, until you decide that you have caught the tenor of the argument; then you put in your oar. Someone answers; you answer him; another comes to your defense; another aligns himself against you, to either the embarrassment or gratification of your opponent, depending upon the quality of your ally's assistance. However, the discussion is interminable. The hour grows late, you must depart. And you do depart, with the discussion still vigorously in progress." --Kenneth Burke

Burke is talking about academic writing here, but I love this and always start each semester with this in my classes. I think it fits here too.

I just finished my Luxury Navy Flake and am going to move onto something else. I think I'll pack up the new Granito that arrived yesterday with Escudo so I can compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.