What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Miss Moran's Kentucky Nougat in a spoolcob

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm half way through smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A Cherry Coke is my drink. It's almost mid-afternoon, and I've been busy, but it seems like I haven't gotten much done. Well, there's still the rest of the day to go!

3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Orlik Golden Slices (thanks ruffinogold!) in a Brigham rusticated apple. Tried rubbing it out this time rather than folding it.

Still drawing a ghost.

4. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Evening all, a milder one here in Hampshire tonight. In the man cave with Old Gowrie in the Zavvos horn!

5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Post lunch smoke of ps mellow mocha in my grabow freehand.

6. JimInks

Now smoking R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. Finally got most of the ancillary stuff done, and can concentrate on paying work now.

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Pictures please :popc:

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Rattray's Red Rapparee in the rusticated Ben Wade Canadian. Great "rainy afternoon" smoke.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well been doing all that I can today to keep myself occupied since tomorrow is ivIG day and I would be less than honest if I said I wasn't nervous and anxious. I remember what last week was like and today I was bombed like PipeSimmo by our own Billy Oakley and quite frankly I'm humbled, speechless, in seventh heaven, on top of the world and out of control with the box of smiles he sent, sir I cannot begin to do justice to what you sent by simply saying Thank You! :gjob: :bow::thu: I don't even know where to start, this is the first time I ever opened a package that I had to keep slapping my wife's hands from stealing the Ginger Chews, we LOVE Ginger! :drly: I will write you privately as well, once again, THANK YOU!

10. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'll definitely post some. I'm in my office now getting ready for class and some conferences with students, but as soon as that is over I'll be rushing home to pull out the Everclear, clean out the inside of the stem and get that baby ready for its first smoke. Can't wait.

11. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Anniversaries, Birthdays, wonderful biopsies and assorted "Hate Mail". Today has been a wonder of riches. Still trying to understand Star of the East, which to date has not gone too well. Tobacco cauldron of choice: A, doesn't know it's not a pre-trans, Barling potty billiard. Good afternoon, Good people. Wishing strength & good fortune to fishin'-picker.

12. JimInks

I'm smoking Wessex Dark Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Dublin with a lucite ferrule and stem. This finishes the tin. A can of 7-Up is my drink.

13. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Connoisseur┬┤s Choice in a sandblasted Zavvos billiard. Tullamore Dew, neat. On my balcony.

14. Eric

Eric Member

Erinmore Flake in a Stanwell bent egg.

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

a fresh pot of coffee and some 1792 in me pipe

100_3948h.JPG

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

No reason that shouldn't apply to all of life, as well as academic writing. Our species keeps getting smarter, though we're still basically clueless judging from the problems that still exist. Doesn't stop any of us from putting our oar in, it seems.

Just like I'm putting this LNF into a bent MM Pride ... delicious, with perique in just the right amount.

17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Home from acupuncture and fixed a fine fried egg samich and now having a fine bowl of Margate in an Edwards Virgin straight grain billiard.

18. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Just finished a bowl of SG Black Forest in a Falcon, the first of a sample pack I bought. My opinion after bowl 1....meh! Not terrible but really quite a bland smoke with not a lot of flavour

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I decided to switch all my tobaccos from flip top glass jars to regular mason jars. I've found stuff is drying out fast in the flip tops (as I was warned it would) and because they're so squat they take up a lot of precious space in what passes for my tobacco cellar. Right now I have a bunch of mason jars soaking in water. Tonight I'll be going back and forth between that task and working on this ghost illustration.

I'm just stepping out for some McC 5110 in the Pete bent bulldog.

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

WooHoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.