What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Stokkebye luxury twist flake in a savinelli piazza di spagna.

2. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm giving the Savinelli Virginia 603 her maiden (to me) voyage with some Carter Hall to try to bust the bit of a black cav ghost. I'm going I don't need to fill it with salt and Everclear.

So far so good! I love how it feels in my hand, it cleaned up nicely and is really smoking well!

3. moosecop

moosecop Member

first pipe of the week.. nording freehand with 5100... you know you are sick when you cant smoke..Somethink hit me last Friday, cold or flu not sure..its been a while since I spent a weekend in bed (well at least by myself)!

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Rum flake in a cob. No, I still don't have a Radice. Redhook Longhammer IPA on the side.

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 22 others like this.
  5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Where is it? Still catching dust in some store? :poke:

6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Basically. Two more days until the wedding. Then I can spend money on fun things again :ngty:

7. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Smarty's Special Blend (GE, 5100 and Perique) mixed appropriately in a Rallye bulldog which is stamped BB&S 5739 on the shank and stem making me think it's a Barling second? Just a little light weight workhorse of a pipe that's a perfect match for the blend.

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  8. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Thank you! 3 years, this is my third and final marriage. I wised up this time and let God pick the right one. She's truly an Angel. :D

Morse, Wicker Man, psquared and 15 others like this.
  9. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Beautiful night all! PS English Luxury in a Paronelli bent bulldog. Love this pipe for English blends.

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Summer like evening here in SoCal, sitting out on the back patio enjoying a fine glass of Pinot Noir. Smoking McC Full English blend in a GBD New Standard straight grain billiard.

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 20 others like this.
  11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Glad your feeling better ( a little anyway )

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy to hear about the good news! Glad everything turned out well!
    I hope everything goes well for you and your wife too, Mac.

Home from work for a while now. Ducklings are fed. Dishes are done. Homework is done. So, I'm in the garage, where it's perfect smoking weather. I'm enjoying some McC's FMOtT in my Caboom Sabbis Pubbis. Water from a tall glass is my drink. Hope everyone has a great night. I've got some catching up to do. Keep smoking, I'll see you soon!

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've been busy working, and am near finishing this bowl of MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. Not sure what will be next, but I've a little more time to figure it out.

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Tambo in my Sav Oom Paul.
    *Wife is going out of town tomorrow for 4 nights so it will be a Lat bomb party here every night.
    :banana::bdance:

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 25 others like this.
  15. DetroitDoug

DetroitDoug Member

Dunhill Flake in a no name estate pipe I picked up at a flea market for $10.00. She ain't pretty but I love how she smokes.

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mac,
    Best of luck, give me a holler if you need some support, been fighting with it for 5 years which is far longer than any predictions so I can help nasty things up! ;) Seriously I hope it all comes out on the good side of things.

Last pipe of the night is Kajun Kake in the Boswell Churchwarden, I may or may not post in the a.m. depending on what my mind is doing but don't let this stop you for finding Mrs Calabash I think she took $50 last run through. :eek: No wonder Durante was always on her case! :xd: I feel like the night shift has been like that little guy with the trash can on wheels cleaning up after the ticker tape parade in Rocky and Bullwinkle, maybe a few less. or more, :dkn:and things will sort themsleves out have a puffingly peaceful evening PSFer's! :bing:

17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Finally finished this illustration!

I'm not sure the new tobacco jars are dry enough yet to put tobacco in so I'm letting it sit overnight.

Last smoke of the night C&D Star of the East in the Sasieni panelled billiard. Perfect end to the day.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  18. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

mac baren dark twist... peterson 69 silver cap and mount.... probably my favorite combo.... makes me feel like i have money :$$:

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 21 others like this.
  19. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Evening Lads and Lasses, Tonight it's Carter Hall in a Canadian... :sailor:

20. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

A bit breezy here in my part of Texas as a cool front is moving in this evening. Started off with some Blackpool in a Mario Grandi Tomato but the taste was off. I may have to 86 this batch. As reported on a thread I started a couple of weeks ago about a white powdery covering on this blend that may be mold or bloom. Still smells good though. I may take a wait and see approach. My taster may be off a tad. I then went for a bowl of Penzance in another one of my MG Tomatos and it took mid bowl before things seemed to get back in order. Drinking sweet tea and listening to The Beatles. Praying for you Fish that you have a strong day tomorrow!

Wicker Man, psquared, Stormy and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.