What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Rainy and windy so i am in the truck with some villiger late night in my bent black rock cob from rekamepip.

2. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye just had a unique thing happen. Whilst enjoying me bowl of CH, me pipe had a flare up and sparks fly up while on the intake puff. The bowl got HOT and sounds like it has steam coming up. Weird huh...:beyes:

3. Capt

Capt Active Member

I haven't posted here in a while!

Smoking some Best Brown Flake from 06/08 in an Andrew Staples Shaved tomato. 2007 Dow's Tawny on the side.

4. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Mac Baren Navy Flake in a Dunhill Cumberland bent bulldog (4108). Getting in the Thanksgiving mood early I guess. We're having seared pork loin for supper, but I'm fixing dressing/stuffing and sweet potatoes as sides to go with it.

5. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Well said Sid!:appl:

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smoking a bowl of last months blend trying to figure out what i want to blend up this time

7. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Burley kake and CH in a cob

8. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] After "Cheeseburger Night" (homemade meatloaf) a post-supper puff of Haunted Bookshop in a cob. Good evening All.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Sounds like you mixed up your tobacco pouch and your powder keg, Pyrate.

After running two bowls of Carter Hall through the new Savinelli I thought it was time to give it a rest, though I'm still going strong so I've got MM965 in my Ben Wade pot.

I really like that Savinelli, but after smoking those bowls I looked inside and it seems the cake is really thick up top and almost nothing in the bottom of the bowl. I hadn't noticed that before. I might need to use salt/everclear to soften it up and try to smooth it out or just pick it out with my fingers. I don't have a reamer, so I think that might be the next best thing. My only hesitation with the everclear is that I can't seem to be able to pour it into a bowl without spilling it all over the outside. On the $10 estates I've picked up at the antique store I wasn't real worried about the finish, but with this one I don't want to screw it up. I need to get an eyedropper. The only one in the house is used for Children's Tylenol and something tells me I shouldn't be putting any Everclear in that.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Also having 965 in a pot. The Kapet 606. So far it's still smoking great, and better than when I got it.

11. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Tonight it's aromatic Brown Flake in the essentially dedicated Pietenpauw billiard. Port on the side

12. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Lancers Slices in the Unique Briars apple, granny smith woodchuck on the side.

13. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

RY in a Joao Reis pickaxe and some Buffalo Trace

14. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Earlier, I had some Golden Extra in (insert obligatory JimInks-style description) "the first pipe I ever bought ($20.99). A 2009 Dr. Grabow straight rusticated Duke"

I'm almost finished with the jar of Golden Extra. Under normal circumstances, I would be curled up in the fetal position in the corner, crying myself to sleep because I was out of Golden Extra. Thankfully, I have another jar-full on hand ;)

Night-cap this evening is Altadis Vanilla Maple in the Dr. G. Riviera zulu.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Taking a short work break. I just finished smoking MacBaren Roll Cake in a 1979 black sandblasted medium bend Savinelli Non Pareil 9606 Billiard with a horn ferrule. Going for my next smoke and drink.

JWG25, psquared, ChristTiger and 16 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Now smoking Louisiana Red in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

JWG25, psquared, ChristTiger and 17 others like this.
  17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Last pipe of the day for me goes to the Rock Cob with Rocktober blend. I just cleaned it out and it's all ready to roll (rocknroll)

JWG25, Wicker Man, psquared and 16 others like this.
  18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Having a short mid-dinner smoke of Peretti Midnight in the black Rock Cob while the spaghetti sauce simmers some more. Then I'll dish it up and finish pigging out.

JWG25, Wicker Man, psquared and 20 others like this.
  19. JimInks

I just fed Suzy and Molly some whitefish and tuna, and I'm feeding my nic habit with a bowl of Voodoo Queen in a 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer. More ice water to drink.

JWG25, nicktrap, psquared and 15 others like this.
  20. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Just got home from work, a glass of Oakheart and coke with a bowl of Commonwealth.

JWG25, nicktrap, psquared and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.