What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I've had a really raw, sore throat the past week or so, and so I've not smoked anything in several days. It's killin' me, killin' me I tell ya! But it's times like these that are the reason we have Copenhagen. So, for this one post, consider this the "What Are You Dipping" thread. My answer: Copenhagen.

The cold front is slowly lumbering through here, with a nice steady rain on the leading edge. Going to be absolutely beautiful this weekend: Friday and Saturday show sunny skies, high of 61˚F and low of 42˚F. Low humidity too. Might have to get out to Oak Mountain and go hiking.

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Ok all, time to set up the after midnight coffee and donut tables over here. You got your pazkies, choc covered, choc covered yeast, maple twists, bear claws and crispy creams. on this next table you got your different kinds of coffee urn and a hot water urn for hot tea. Here are your tea bags, sugar, ect. Here on another table you got your fruit filled turnovers, custard filled and chocolate cream filled donuts. All kinds for your enjoyment. Please be neat and use the napkins and paper plates provided, dont drop crumbs and sugar all over the place.
    Also, make sure you leave some for the morning crew to enjoy when they get here.

3. muddler

muddler Active Member

Overcast & still here in Pretoria but quite muggy & warm. Pleasant for sure. Nursing a cup of really strong coffee with a bowl of FVF in a GBD New Standard. Life is good!

[​IMG]

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Hey-hey-hey! Pic-a-nic basket! How am I gonna eat all this before Mr Ranger gets here? I'll have to smoke this Peretti Oriental #40 in the Squatch Lean Volcano and come up with a devious plan!

5. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Paul Olsen My Own Blend, rubbed out, in a sandblasted Zavvos billiard. When I first tried this flake I smoked it folded and twisted and was unimpressed. Now, when I smoked it loosely rubbed out it´s growing on me. A danged fine tobacco! PG Tips. On my balcony. Reading a police report.

JWG25, dBear, Wicker Man and 21 others like this.
  6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I'm a diabetic and I hate it when you talk like that.:ngty:

JWG25, dBear, Wicker Man and 18 others like this.
  7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

The warming trend continues.....

[​IMG]

Pitch black out this morning, windy and rain, and temperatures are expected to drop back down to normal.

As long as I was taking photos, here's this morning's pipe, which was full of Dark Flake.

[​IMG]

8. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Golden Blend's Black Cherry in my Rekamepip Rock Cob.

9. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Mac Baren Silver Cube in a Peterson Deluxe 4s w/ coffee and Irish cream before work.

10. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

2006 LNF in a Crown 1/4 bent apple

11. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Maltese Falcon, in a bent and blasted Dublin.

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thoughts and Prayers for you today F&B! Melorning everyone! Friday's so close I can smell it! It's got a crazy good room note. I'm smoking McC's FMOtT in my 2013 PSF POY to start my day. The usual black coffee in the traditional brown mug to help things along. Everyone have a great day, and puff on!

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a bent MM Pride ... simple, but just about perfect.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Had phone, internet and cable trouble, but everything's working again. Earlier, I smoked Top Shelf, and MacBaren Navy Flake, and am near the end of this bowl of Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front. Just fed Suzy and Molly, and thinking about some sleep, today's dental appointment, and whether or not I'll have another smoke before I go to sleep.

15. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Muddler, Tis a fine GBD panel ye has there. Looks well Loved fer sure. :thu2:

16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I gave in and am smoking Charlemagne in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Then, some sleep.

17. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

CH in the Invicta Briars Rhodesian

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Well Done YAPPG !

Great Coffee and Wonderful Donuts to go with a morning pipe full of granger in rock cob

homer.jpg
    donuts2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  19. craig

craig Active Member

Todays selection is my bent falcon billiard bowl filled with borkum riff bourbon with some cloudy lemonade

20. craig

craig Active Member

Todays selection is my bent falcon billiard bowl filled with borkum riff bourbon with some cloudy lemonade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.