1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Hello Pipers. Earlier, Irish Oak in the egg. Stormy lost control of his bladder overnight, and we are set for the temperatures to fall throughout the day today calling for snow in the higher elevations (meaning my house).

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    St Bruno in an Ascorti Signature Full Bent Egg with black coffee on the side.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

3. user3610

user3610 Member

OGS in a lil' pipe that looks like the same one the guy on the tin is smoking (judge w/ white wig).
    Because- you know...that makes sense, right?

4. Billy Ockham

Billy Ockham Notice when you’re happy.

I sat down for the morning smoke this am thinking about my father. Pulled out Dad's old pipe. I wish I knew what it was, a gnarly Danish Freehand that I haven't been able to ID. I filled it with my current obsession, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, and sat down to enjoy the rainy morning. Dad loved rainy days.

Almost immediately, a call from the office came in, and my attention was diverted to what seemed an important concern. Distracted by the tension of my business, I puffed away absentmindedly, forgetting to enjoy the moment.

Finally, I was able to end the call and refocus on my pipe. I found that I was sucking on ash. The moment was gone before I could appreciate what it had to offer.

Just like Dad.

damnit.

5. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Thanks for sharing! I looked for my late fathers pipes this summer (at the familys summer cottage) but couldn´t find them. This month is my mothers 80th birthday. I´ll ask her if she´s kept the pipes (and if I can have them). His pipes were (are?) a Chacom paneled billiard, a Peterson Standard System and, as I recall a brushed/rusticatd black zulu or dublin and two nice billiards.

6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Pelican in an Invicta.

7. Atom

Atom Member

I'm going for the 'one pipe one tobacco' all day route.
    The tobacco... Mac Baren Virginia #1
    The pipe... a saddle-bit bulldog stamped Seconds by the makers of GBD London England 269. It looks a little wonky because the bowl is tilted slightly backwards towards the stem. But it smokes well and clenches very comfortably.

8. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

On the porch reading through the posts, a mug of strong black coffee, smoking my McC 5100/2015 breakfast blend in my favorite Va dedicated Kaywoodie bent apple.

9. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I finally got this illustration all worked out and think I can get it al done a bit early today.

Taking a break with some Altadis 965 Match (thanks to ruffinogold) in the Pete bent bulldog.

10. Billy Ockham

In lieu of the dropper, I sometimes just fold over a pipe cleaner, dip it in the everclear, then squeeze it into the bowl by pinching/pulling.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking St. George's Blend in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Needed some sweetness in my smoke.

12. Billy Ockham

Wooohooo!:appl:

13. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Not getting anything on my to do list done at all. I have however been enjoying a lazy morning browse through the thread, I was wondering who sent the 2 goons after me, thanks Jim. They caught up to me in Evansville.:bangin: :dh1:

I am preparing to think about gathering up my ambition for the day to attack the worthless annoying leaves which are littering the yard and driveway, and while I wait for that, I think I'll burn some very nice leaves, specifically some summer aged Black Lung in a neat little wally frank.

Thanks, thanks, and thanks.

14. phinz

phinz Active Member

Some old Squadron Leader in a relatively new Caminetto poker. Write write write. It's all I do these days.

[​IMG]

15. JimInks

Ya thought you could lam out on da boys, huh? Thought you'd stop posting on dis forum, see. Well, we have ways of gettin' to ya, see. Next time, Crunchy and Slats'll bring their rods, see. Den it'll be curtains, see. Cuz dey shoot with curtain rods, see. Myeah!

16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Burning the last of the sample of Bob's Square Cut, thanks to BrianStephen (who has been absent some time now), in the Erwin Lacewood Egg.

17. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Enjoying some CH in a Derringer with the last of the Maxwell House. Tomorrow my youngest son and his wife will have a new addition to the family! If it doesn't happen tonight on it's own, they will induce tomorrow and little Zackary will become my 16th grandbaby. At least they picked a name I can remember. Now, need to pick something for a celebratory smoke for tomorrow. Magnum Opus seems fitting for the occasion.

18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Early evening/before dinner smoke is gonna be another blend from FlatbushPaul's magic kit. I've never tried any blend by Steven Books before, looking forward to it and am very curious about them. There are two blends, which I'll save for a special moment. But I can't wait to try at least one of the three House of Calabash blends, Paul generously sent me, so I'm just about to smoke my first bowl of Young Master in the Moretti Meat Tenderizer.

[​IMG]

Thanks Paul. :toast:

19. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I just fired up a bowl of Pelican in the Nording after taking a decent dent out of my work this morning. I finally also made an appointment to get my ears lowered, which has been a long time coming. Maybe not the best decision right as it's getting cold, but it's got to be done. Right now, I'm looking way too much like my avatar.

20. JimInks

Man's Best Friend in a 1978 smooth three quarter bend Danish Special. Starting to run low on this blend now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.