1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

It's great to hear it went well! :)

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working, and drinking ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs who know their place in the grand scheme of things. Thanks to Artistik, I'm smoking McClelland #5100 Red Cake in a very ugly reddish color 1980 medium bend Lorenzo Leganza Sigma 8635 etched rough top.

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

This smoke is being brought to me by HU Tobacco, blenders of fine tobacco for the discriminating smoker, and BS&T known worldwide for quality craftsmanship in pipe making. Tonight's presentation is Nashville County in the Sasquatch Lean Volcano.

4. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Pal Olsen My Own Blend Skaergårdsblandning in a sandblasted Zavvos billiard. PG Tips. On my balcony. Morning news on the radio.

5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Tambo in the Rewcob.

6. JimInks

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, who I hope has it as easy as possible later this morning, I am smoking Telegraph Hill in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian. More work and more ice water as I listen to a 1961 radio broadcast of The Jean Shepard Show.

7. zacROK

zacROK Member

My mother called me this morning because my grandparents were at my parents house and wanted to speak to me. Got up early for that and had time enjoy a pipe before work. Loaded up my Sav Billiard with some Carter Hall and had a cup of Earl grey on the side. I was nice to talk to the family, it gets hard sometimes with a 12 hour or so time difference. Got to work to find my of Dunhill Nightcap is here. Now, I am patiently waiting to get home to break into it.

8. JimInks

Going to concentrate on work a little, so I'm listing this one a few minutes early: CD Blend in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule. Just fed Suzy and Molly, who were standing by my chair singing,"Oh, promise me that some day you and I, will go into the kitchen to feed us before we claw out your eye!" Man, I didn't know they could even sing in four part harmony, let alone rhyme a death threat!

9. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon in a Zavvos Rhodesian. More PG Tips. On my balcony, wathing the sun trying, but failing, to rise above the rooftops on the other side of the street. The days are getting very short up here.

10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

In spite of my efforts I have landed myself on night shift again. Starting my day at 23:30 with Wessex burley slice in a grabow. No coffee for a while because of the starting anti-inflammatory. Coffee later. I have plenty to do but waking up without the coffee is not easy.

11. muddler

muddler Active Member

A gem of a morning here. Have a pipe smoking friend coming over to assist me adjusting some reloading dies. Lots of coffee, talk & pipes. While I'm waiting it's Fillmore in a Pietenpauw.

[​IMG]

12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Erik Stokkebye's 4th-Generation 1957 in a Cavicchi Bent Dublin ...

[​IMG]

First, the positive points ... the aroma is a killer. My wife went out of her way to praise it, a rare event. "Chocolate!" she exclaimed. Well, it does smell a bit like milk chocolate bars from Switzerland. However the aroma reminds me more of those rich, high butterfat vanilla ice creams from Europe that cost a fortune. It's not the strong penetrating scent of vanilla candles, but instead more like that fresh dairy smell that makes you want to inhale as deeply as you possibly can. Normally I don't care for vanilla aromatics, but this stuff is way beyond your average vanilla.

And it smokes well ... mild, but pleasing to the palate. The blend is heavy in bright Virginia leaf, yet there are no sharp notes or hay/grass overtones. Virginia Light Without Bite. Nice and soft. The snork is easily a 9.5 out of 10.

But all these comments apply equally to 7 Seas Gold, which is about half the price of 4th-Generation 1957. In fact I suspect they're pretty much the same tobacco, both from Mac Baren. I held clumps of each in both hands and literally can't tell them apart. They feel the same, look the same, and largely smoke and taste the same. The top note of the 1957 might be a bit finer. But I'll opt for the more economical 7 Seas Gold in the future. My wife raves about the aroma of that one too.

13. JimInks

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Mrs Wicker comes peels me some grapes, fans me ask's if I'd like another drink :ohyh:

15. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

The circles would traditionally be campfires and the boomerang shapes around them people.

16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Friday,

28F and a little rain this morning. Best wishes for my friend Flatbush today.

Rum Flake, in an Ashton.

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

the Bear said he had a Good Night :th1:
    [​IMG]

18. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Great day for the Greeks today, is the celebration of our Hellenic Air Force!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also their protectors Archangels Michael and Gabriel.

[​IMG]

Air Badges & unit emblems:

http://koti.welho.com/msolanak/badges.html

McClelland grand orientals Black Sea Sokhoum.

19. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Yeah he did, but not before eating almost that whole basket of chips:D

20. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Some Old Dublin in the Zavvos billiard I´m currently breaking in. Now off to work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.