1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I think we should take bets on this!

2. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Headed to the porch with a mug of strong black coffee and the Iwan Reis KS111 loaded with my McC breakfast blend, 5100/2015.

3. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'll put $5 on the tongue lashing.

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I bet he takes some lumps.

5. psquared

See, the thing he needs to do is smoke something that has a room note similar to "processed" chili. Then you can blame it on the dog. Camouflage brother.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm actually fixin to go out and eat Mexican Food [ rare for me ]! On the way , a bowl of Altadis Chocolate Truffle in a Savinelli Tevere Bent

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

10$ on a confused frown.

8. psquared

Which is a precursor to the tongue lashing.

9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Roger W

Roger W Member

First pipe I've smoked in nearly a month and I've got to tell you... I think I like smoking better in the summer. I pulled out the Savinelli pocket pipe, packed it with some newly arrived Boswell's Piper's Pleasure and proceeded to go out back and give it a smoke. I should have gone outside first and tested the weather - it's 47 degrees outside with a windchill making it around 40 but unknowingly I went out just wearing a sweatshirt. I used a good ol' Bic and got the char light and by that time after being buffeted by the wind for just a couple minutes my teeth began to chatter. So I put the pipe down on my Adirondack's arm and went back inside to fetch my heavy leather motorcycle jacket and a pair of gloves. Nonetheless, now fully prepared, I went back out to enjoy my pipe. After fumbling to re-find the lighter and my tamper with my gloved hands I finally reached that stage of annoyance where I just tore them off to dig through my pockets. I did another char, tamped and finally got it lit and put the gloves back on immediately. The flavor was great, what little I could get... I think the lousy blowing wind enjoyed about 75% of the bowl, I was hardly outside for 15 minutes before the Piper's Pleasure was down to ash! It's hard to think that just a couple months ago I'd be breaking a sweat having my morning pipe and now I'm completely out in the elements, freezing my ass off! Oh well, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make... better yet, it may be time to convince the missus that it would be perfectly fantastic to smoke a pipe in the tiki bar. I have always said that I really get into a weather funk after October 31st and thus far, November has lived up to its reputation. How many days until warm-weather pipe smoking season?

11. ryan65

ryan65 Member

Full Virginia Flake in my Stanwell Regal as I browse the net for tobacco :bing:

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

We did eat Thai food last night so that would get blamed on me too!

But I think you guys are wrong. I'll take any bets placed! I worked in the other room for a while and went back to the room I smoked in.....our bedroom/my office (yeah, I know that raises the stakes a little)...but I don't notice any lingering smell at all and she won't be home for hours. This is going to be my new morning routine through the winter. Just you guys wait and see!

13. psquared

Pride comes before the fall...

14. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Yes indeed! It was a nice brisk morning, love it! :bdance:

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I asked my wife if I could smoke my pipes in the car this winter, she went straight to the tongue lashing.

16. Miller319

Miller319 Member

So inkybat, do you have a specialty or concentrate on any particular type of illustration work?

Frog's Cellar in the Dr. G. bent lark - avoiding the housework I am supposed to be doing today :puffy: :whis:

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Attaboy! :th1:

Lighting up Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tank. Coffee. Melorning, Good Folk.

18. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Just got back from picking up my Permit to Purchase and enjoying some PA in the Rusty Rhodes with another cup of Maxwell House. Going to be a busy weekend, got a poker to make now that all the material came in. And need to take a break long enough to run out to a gun show on Sunday. AND hopefully will need to stock the cellar! AND little Zack should make his appearance some time today!! There's got to be time for a nap in there somewhere.

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

My preference is always in children's books, fairy tales and stuff like that. I think that's where I'm strongest, too. This series of illustrations was actually for a grown up book of short stories. So I end up doing lots of different stuff.

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Since I don't want to push my luck too much, I'm now out on the balcony with the Savinelli Virginia 603 with some PS LNF. The last of the coffee that's gone cold is my drink and I've got my parka and winter hat on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.