1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Been working and even got a short nap in. Woke up because Suzy came in, stretched out on my chest, and proved that my car isn't the only thing with a loud motor. Well, on to get a smoke and a drink.

2. JimInks

The drink I got was ice tea properly chilled with nice li'l baby icebergs who don't care how they melt so long as they look good doing it. The smoke I got is Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a smooth top. May dry out some SJF for later. Haven't smoked that lately.

3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Just finished a bowl of Charlemegne in Pop's Pipe, a Peterson Pre-Republic 80S. Nice smoke!

4. moosecop

moosecop Member

C and D Autumn Evening ( thanks to Rondel65) in a Peterson Irish Army. Gonna try some of the other "hair growing samples" he sent after dinner...:sh:

5. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Hamborger Veermaster in the Rossi at my b&m. I needed to get out of the house for a while. I've been working from home so much I was getting a little stir crazy.

I just picked up this tin and am really happy so far. Great taste but I have to say if someone told me this had perique I wouldn't be surprised. I know it doesn't but it has a bit of that peppery flavor. I think smoking a tin of this will help me taste the difference between straight Virginia and a vaper.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

What a great day to smoke a couple of bowls. Finished up the honey-do list early, fajitas for lunch, and now on my second bowl.

First was HU Director's Cut in a Jake Hackert spool. Now smoking HUDC in an Apelt cone. I'm digging this blend- thanks Snake!

Lucky Duck, Miller319, Snake and 17 others like this.
  7. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

3 star blue in a tilshead prince. Old skool.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I'm nuts for HV and have smoked a fair amount of it. If you dry it a bit, and rub it out, it has the grassy flavor with a little pepper. If you fold & stuff it without drying, it's more malty with a little sweet Viriginia-ness.

9. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

The big BST packed to the gills with Stonehaven.
    [​IMG]

10. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I
    I folded and stuffed right after cracking the tin and am getting that sweet Virginia taste, something like raisins, but also a decent amount of pepper. I'll dry and rub it out next time to see if I can taste a difference.

11. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Peter Stokkebye luxury twist flake in a savinelli piazza di spagna.

12. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Carmel Apple in a Briarcraft Smokemaster/Miller Lite.

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

:bday::toast:

WalkinStick, inkybat, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  14. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. WalkinStick!!! I'm sure by this time you are cruising under a full head of steam :toast:. Here's wishing you many years of joyous headlock wedlock!

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe of the night is Syrian Reserve, thanks to Billy Ockham, in the thick walled MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem. Good night Mrs Calabash, wherever she is, and to all Puffer's Pipesters and PG Tipplers. :D See you all in 3 0r 7 depending on if the night crew shows up or I sleep until Monday a.m. :confused:

16. JimInks

Now smoking Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. Mr. Dust knows how to make good tobacco.

17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Another nice mild evening. Smoking McC 5110 dark English full in the Iwan Reis kS111 st grain billiard. A glass of BV Pinot Noir to cleanse the palette and mind.

18. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Penzance in a basket weave Meerschaum.

19. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dunhill flake in the Ruff-dog. Aberlour 12 to accompany.

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

the Bear left the first White Oak mould clamped and Blocked another, this time using Brecon Gin, thanks oldest Daughter Michelle, instead of Grant's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

as the night progressed the Gin started getting mixed with Westons Cider

[​IMG]

with Strang in the favourite pipe the Rekamepip Black Stone Shaman

[​IMG]

a good night was had by all, cheers PSF 'rs

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.