1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Sam Gawith Full VA Flake in this:

[​IMG]

Unknown maker, stamped 'Astley's Jermyn St London', the seller, sadly no more, re-conditioned to as-new condition by Ian Walker of Northern Briars, bought at last March's PCoL meeting, when IW and Bob Gregory of SG visited, now dedicated to VAs.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm a couple of minutes away from smoking Louisiana Red in an egg shaped medium bend smooth Burgundy colored 1985 Caminetto. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink. The icebergs were very understanding about waiting their turn while I drank hot coffee. Nice li'l pals they were.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 17 others like this.
  3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

You know where Tonque Beans come from :old:
    [​IMG]
    don't you :msty:
    [​IMG]
    :xd:

4. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Peterson De Luxe in a 301 w/ coffee before daylight now. Four mile walk with my cattle dog at daybreak, then sausage and eggs w/ more coffee and some McClelland 5120 in a cob to get my courage up for the final assault on the leaf brigades amassed throughout the yard. A successful flank movement this afternoon should result in the end of yard work for the year which means more pipe time.

Enjoy the Sunday.:bing:

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 19 others like this.
  5. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

When a Soldier comes back from a War Zone in a coffin probably didn't died from a heart attack eating pizza and drinking beer in front of a tv or from overdose like a junkie in a dark alley. He died with a gun in his hand pursuit enemies of his country,he died trying remove wounded comrades and allies from the battlefield,he died while defending his Nation from terrorists.
    The last thing he deserves is Fake Taps in his funeral! [​IMG]

Torben Dansk No. 8 Midnight special.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Relaxing and smoking Charlemagne in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 14 others like this.
  7. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Started the day in the usual way with burley in a Grabow enhanced by a strong French roast cup'a.

Have since moved on to 10 Russians in a cob, giving the Pete a rest tonight. Expect to complete the night/morning with more bowls of the same.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 15 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning coffee and some turkish mix in rc

9. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Three Friars in a Piersel Rhodesian
    Long day today - three services and two meetings. A college roommate is in the area doing a recital and comes to spend the night/get a ride to the airport. He is not a pipe smoker, but it will be great to see him.

10. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Briar Fox in a Falcon with a Hobo Pipes bulldog bowl, tea on the side. This will be the last smoke of the night, back to work tomorrow.

11. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Berkshire, in a bent and blasted Dublin.

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Lavazza [​IMG] Duncan Delta/Strang
    [​IMG]
    Remembrance Sunday or Poppy Day over here, thought this fit

13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well we were up at 0345 and I had the remains of the Syrian I started last night with my first PRM, then some Whatchagot Blend in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob with PRM #2 and took PRM #3 on the road for the Town and Tune Tour in the SL500 but not until Levi had his ablutions and breakfast. Smoked a Petite Irish Creme Cigar, courtesy of Billy Ockham, whilst listening to the Three Tenors, who were in the excellent usual form. Off to the restaurant where I had 2 more PRM's and a fun morning as everyone was in high spirits for a change. Home again now and smoked Whatchagot Blend in the thick walled MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem on the ride back, I know it's not Monday as the Sunday papers arrived while I was eating my Cheddar Onion Biscuit. Good Morning PSFer's Stormy appears to be moving on and it might be a good day for Levi after all. PRM #7 or 8 in my paws as I type.

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Eventful morning as I had to let the bowlful of golden ash go out two times. Seen three doe so far and two are still near.

15. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

First smoke in my Zavvos zulu, putting a flake of HH ODF through it!

16. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Suckin up coffee like a dog suckin water outta a cow track. What does that mean? :msty: Preparing to fire up something outta something. I'll update ya when I wake up.

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Good morning everybody. Community coffee, no pipe. Afraid to get a open flame that close to my breath.
    Ah Aberlour 12 I knew him well. R.I.P.

18. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Ok. Good morning Vietnam! Squadron Leader in a KB&B Cedric full bent pipe. It has KB&B on both the shank and band. Nice old pipe. Let see if she has any smoke left in her.

19. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Agreed. Bloody disgrace. (Never heard it called "Taps" before - it's "The Last Post" over here.)

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

still cleaning office and finally found my bottle of butane fuel for my Zippo Blu :th1:
    also ran across a twin pack of Buck Knives that i bought a few years ago

have not run across any forgotten tins of tobacco or mia pipes
    but anything is possible

will smoke a bowl of good tobacco when i get into the stash cooler

:whis:

but for now a quick bowl of cowboy blend and another cup of coffee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.