What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I reached for a tin I haven't touched in a month for my drive to campus to do some Sunday work. Smoking Devil's Holiday in the Grabow Viscount. Not bad, though it does leave a strong ghost in any pipe it touches without giving off much of that same berry flavor when you smoke it. The black cav flavor is nice though. It's gotten better since I've become a better pipe smoker not heating things up as much.

dBear, Lucky Duck, psquared and 18 others like this.
  2. craig

craig Active Member

Well its a gorgeously clear and crisp late autumn evening so im having a bowl of condor longcut with a nice cuppa

dBear, Lucky Duck, psquared and 12 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Smoke sounds great which I liked, the stolen bike part sucked hope it's found.

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

You and all the other 1351 GPs in Nashville. (Not to be cryptic about it. dBear will know what I'm talking about.)

Man, this Davidoff Scottish Mixture is making me high :hip1:. I'm hearing owls.

dBear, Lucky Duck, psquared and 13 others like this.
  5. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Yesterday I reamed and sanitized my two pot pipes that I had been smoking Lat blends in, and decided I wanted to try Va blends and flakes in them. This morning with a large mug of black coffee in hand I sat on the porch and smoked my McC breakfast blend of 5100 and 2015 VaPer flake in the Edwards Virgin straight grain pot. It was a delightful experience, a long, cool and flavorful smoke. Followed the advice of Mentor BV, from another thread, and used sloe rhythmic sips and just enjoyed the flavors, thank you Mentor.

dBear, Lucky Duck, psquared and 15 others like this.
  6. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I am sorry to hear that. I have a special kind of hate for bicycle thieves and hold them in contempt.

7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Congratulations to Walkinstick on your wedding.

I will try to see what else is going on around here while I smoke some Margate in a Trypis rusticated panel twin bore and drink some coffee.

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

My wife buys this "Twilight Forever" series and wants me to watch them with her last night. All I know is this is some kind of "chick" vampire/werewolf series. I knew I was going to give up some good Saturday night college football games but I relented. Man, I'm hooked! Watched two last night and one this morning with one more to go. Plus the Longhorns won in OT so it was a win win! Gotta get caught up with my pipe smoking now. Margate in a 07 St. Paddy Pete Bulldog on this beautiful cool and sunny Texas day. Man I'm sorry about your bike being stolen Inkybat. That just @#$$%# me off when things like that happens to good people who work hard for what they have only to have a piece of :poop: low life take it away. Hope you recover your bike.

dBear, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  9. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Got a chance to sleep with the widows open last night! I love that. Smoking some OGS in a little billiard that I can't read the name on, working on the second pot of coffee.

I clicked on one of our banner ads for lighters USA and found a heck of a deal on Zippo flints. Most places want $4 or $5 and change plus shipping, I got ten packs of flints delivered for under $10.:)

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I'm with you there brother. They're right up there with perverts and vandals, to me.

11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Swr in a cob. Not enough coffee on earth this morning.

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

It takes a man who's very secure about what others think of them to admit they're into Twilight. :poke: Though my prejudice is purely based on what I've heard about the series and not from any firsthand experience...that I'll fess up to.

13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Yeah, It was one of those " Will you give up your football to spend time with me?" kinda deals. Gotta make those sacrifices once in awhile. Glad I did. She knows not to mess with my Sundays.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Nothing much lower than a thief. Hope you somehow get your bike back.

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

It may have just been your mayor taking it for a drunken cracked-out joyride. I sure hope you get it back.

16. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Walnut in 36y Westbrook.

17. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

3P in my first briar, a bent Bizon (basket pipe). Tullamord Dew. On the balcony. Listening to the hockey game on the radio. We beat the Finns. Life is good.

18. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Congratulations.

YAPPG, ChristTiger, psquared and 4 others like this.
  19. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I know I am late, but congratulations.

YAPPG, psquared, ChristTiger and 4 others like this.
  20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I am just lucky. I never have been good at "Yes dear", I smoke latikia in the house (only downstairs) and on our ten year anniversary I bought my wife a six pack of PBR, because I heard in was the tin anniversary. Somehow I am still married. Still smoking Margate inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.