What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Smoking the last bowl of Uhley's #44 in a No.Briars billiard. This stuff must be cured with Jiminks' pure cane sugar, as this is the sweetest non-aromatic tobacco I have ever tasted.

Inkybat, a pox on poachers.

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

always liked this one

dBear, User4408, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Finally got around to having some telegraph hill in a Pet. Aran.

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Once again thanks to Billy Ockham I'm trying another tobacco I've never smoked, Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in the Comoy Blue Riband Billiard, very nice but I believe I prefer the Gold. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Afternoon all.
    Golden Glow in a
    Dublin bowl.

Had a great time meeting
    WS and his bride!
    Smoked some Condor,
    and drank GF beer.
    Today, I'm exhausted.
    Glad it's a short week!

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 17 others like this.
  6. highstump

highstump Active Member

It was a terrible week work wise. More hours than I wanted but I suppose I'll be singing a different tune on payday. :$$:
    The highlight of the week was yesterday when the baby daughter (now 25) came up from Eugene :hp2: to visit. Always good to see one of the kids. Next best thing is with the holiday tomorrow I just took the rest of the week as vacation so until a week from tomorrow...I don't have a durned thing to do. :eek:

Sooooo, I started off this morning with some PA in a rock cob with Folgers on the side. Now it's a Stanwell poker with more PA stuffed into it and yet another mug of Folgers. (yes, they are paying me a dime every time I mention it...Folgers I mean.

I also got a couple of very generous tobacco samples with the rock cobs but haven't tried either one yet. That will come later today.

7. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Thought it was really cold this morning, but turns out it was only in the house. Outside temp is in the 50's. So loaded my Dr. Grabow Savoy with John Bull and went outside with Teddi for our morning daddy/ dog-ter time. Then came back in and cooked eggs and pork roll for the wife and the same for me, but included grits on my plate. Good Sunday so far.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to the recovering Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking 1991 St. James Woods in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. I'm recovering, too, but from a big lunch, as are Suzy and Molly, who were still hungry, and because they missed breakfast, get an extra lunch. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Work is in my near future.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 15 others like this.
  9. highstump

highstump Active Member

Did I mention that I was on vacation Jim? Ya know, just wondering. :poke:

10. JimInks

Awww, go fry an egg, ya lazy bum!!! :xd:

11. highstump

highstump Active Member

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Busy here, be back later. This morning it was Brown Flake in the Squatch Wonder Wood.

[​IMG]

dBear, highstump, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  13. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

That's enough work for now. I'm heading home to then go for a hike with my wife and daughter. We're probably just going to hike through some nearby woods, but it'll be nice to get out into nature for a while.

I think I'm actually going to pack up the same Devil's Holiday into the same Grabow Viscount from this morning's pipe...two bowls in a row of the same stuff. I thought I didn't really like Devil's Holiday. Maybe I'll make it a Dan Tobacco day. A couple bowls of Devil's Holiday, then the Hamborger Veermaster in the afternoon and Old Ironsides in the evening.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 15 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hello there,
    smoking some Dan's Ascanian#2 Sweet & Gentle in a Bentley bulldog with saddle bit. :bing:

oh, and just for the record: I didn't forget again it was Strang night yesterday I just had some connection issues and couldn't post it. Thanks to the generosity of p2 :toast: I enjoyed some Strang too!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 14 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Luxury Bullseye Flake in the Benner Olive Wood with bamboo shank, a PRM of Wake Up Blend on the side. :D

[​IMG]

dBear, highstump, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful pipe! It's always nice to see a good looking olivewood pipe with a smooth, natural finish.

I'm smoking some Ashton's Artisan's Blend in the Kapet 606 this fine afternoon

dBear, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 11 others like this.
  17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I needed a change so I'm smoking some Erinmore Flake.

Talked to insurance about the bike and waiting for the police to call back. In a sour mood.

18. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Up at a friends house. He's smoking Pete Irish Whiskey in a brand new MM Pride. I'm smoking OGS in the MM Diplomat.

19. JimInks

Now, I'm smoking Count Pulaski in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg. Very flavorful stuff. Makes me want to drink hot coffee!

20. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Been sitting on the porch with the lap beagle smoking my last cigar an Ashton VSG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.