What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Been way busier than a weekend has any right to be. Slowing down now, and finishing up what has been almost a day's worth of GH Brown Flake, in this Squatch. Tape courtesy of dwaugh.

[​IMG]

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  2. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Just lit a bowl of GH Dark Flake Scented in a Castello and made a pot of coffee. Much like Berg, my weekend has been too busy. We had people over all day yesterday and we've been gone most of the day today. Tomorrow I'm only leaving the house to go to the hardware store.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Capping off the home alone (Lat bomb) weekend with Larry's Blend in my Napoleaon figurehead meer which has a huge bowl.
    So many lat boms, not enough time. lol

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Boswells has been sending out samples of a new blend with some recent orders, so I had to give that a try in my rustic Boswell Rhodesian (sorta) today - very tasty! That was followed with some Uhle's #71 in a Dunhill Chestnut 4109.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  5. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Mac Baren dark twist in a Savinelli bent brandy.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm still working, drinking hot coffee, and now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer. I've been listening to documentaries about JFK's murder. Nothing new, which I expected. PBS will air a two part documentary on the subject Monday and Tuesday nights on their American Experience series. I don't expect to learn anything new, but it should been of some interest.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  7. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Onto my third pipeful of Devil's Holiday in the same Grabow Viscount. I've just got a taste for this stuff today. I might not make it a Dan Tobacco day like I said before and just keep it a single tobacco/single pipe day.

8. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye WickerMan, I see that Teddy has an awesome collection of birdseye in this fine pipe:th1:. One side kinda looks like swimmers if ye get me meaning:xd:!!

dBear, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  9. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Sweet!!:toast:

Miller319, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  10. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Nave Cavendish in a Pete Rhodesian..

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

For us here in Greece is this: http://www.army.gr/default.php?pname=Trumpeting&page=2 [the 3rd one]

Yours my friend i far as i know is a version of "El Silencio", played from the days of Independence War.
    That "digital" idea is an Unhonourable tactic for the fallen Soldiers.
    Lets see the appropriate:

dBear, ZeissMan, Lucky Duck and 11 others like this.
  12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

What was the name of their new blend? I'm making an order this week, if it is good, I hope I get a sample.:sailor:

I posted this morning that I was smoking Great Outdoors and drinking coffee, but when I clicked "Post Reply", I got a message that the forum was down for maintenance. I guess Woody beat me to the punch. Anyway, the Noles beat the Demon Deacons 59-3 yesterday, but will not move up in the polls from #2. LSU gave Alabama a good run last night, but Alabama pulled it out at the end 21-17. So, I am sure Alabama will remain, deservedly, #1.

Had a good day today. Miss Daisy and I went to Costco, the newly opened Bass Pro Shop and the mall. I smoked Annie Kake and Mans Best Friend in various pipes while out and about. Home now and smoking Academy. Got to order more Academy, I only have a couple of bowls left. Thanks JimInks for turning me on to this blend.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You're more than welcome, Art. You went through both baggies of Academy fairly quickly, which I'm happy to see. I'm getting ready to light up a bowl of MacBaren Dark Twist in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. I should get this smoked before dinner.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 13 others like this.
  14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

OGS in a Crown bent billiard

15. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

A sav Oscar tiger full of fm on the town. Absolute bliss. Why oh why cant we get this on the UK market!?

16. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello there folks. Throat is still inflamed, so I can't smoke at the moment. Having a bit of Copenhagen instead. It's not nearly as satisfying, though.

Just figured I would pop in and say to all our British and Canadian friends, I tip my hat to you on Remembrance Day. All the best.

17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Some Dunhill Nightcap in the Brigham rusticated apple with some Mill Street lager on the side.

I think this is my 5th bowl of DNC and I think I'm finally starting to get it. I didn't really enjoy the first 2 bowls, but found it interesting enough to persist with it. At first all I was getting was a lot of bitterness dominating but now I'm getting more flavour. I think I was expecting a sort of explosive tobacco but it's really not. At least to my palette.

Also, it seems need the right pipe and it's great after a meal.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Little did i know that yesterday MrsRekamepip not only rented the rug doctor for one afternoon but all weekend
    so i've been steam cleaning carpets in the whole house
    :shead::shead:

that has got to be worth a whole pumpkin pie

finally settling into a bowl of Chief Catoonah ((Thanks to FlatbushPaul )) in my little briar pipe

:thu2:

19. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

McClellands 5110 in an Iwan Reis KS111 straight grain billiard.

20. tamperdan

tamperdan New Member

Got some cherry cavndish that I've gotta finish up before going to visit my supply shop at it's new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.