What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

There is no name yet! It's a "help us name our new blend" arrangement. I believe that's also how Piper's Pleasure got its name. Winner gets a pound of it :) So I'd say odds are you will get a sample, yes.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 9 others like this.
  2. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

As I sit here out back enjoying my smoke my good friend Blue is nearby in his ever protective state. He is a Formosan Mountain dog that was rescued from the streets of Taiwan when he was a year old. It was immediate mutual love when he was removed from the crate at the airport.

[​IMG]

dBear, ZeissMan, Miller319 and 24 others like this.
  3. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

So how do you like that Hazelnut from Lane? As I was leaving Morley's Pipe Club in Philly this past Thursday someone asked me if I smoke aromatics. I said yes, and he then handed me two small bags; one Lane Hazelnut and a bag of Lane Black Raspberry. I smoke the the Hazelnut a little while ago. I thought it was terrible! No taste at all. Is it me... or the batch he gave me? I might pass the baton to someone else and see if it eventually makes it back to me again. Not sure if anyone is going to want it. Haven't tried the Black Raspberry. Hey Huby S. why didn't you seem to want it? What am I missing? :msty:

4. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye BriarHoff, The Hazelnut is mild fer sure. Not harsh in either the pipe or the room. Me wench lets me enjoy it inside not like Fr. Demspey's Blend which gets me relegated to the bilges...

dBear, Lucky Duck, inkybat and 10 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, last pipe of the night is Federal Tobacconist Fragrant Virginia in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem. I bid you all a fair evening of proper puffing, scintillating snorking and loads of brouhaha as we continue things a happening in PSF Land, i.e. whereinthehell is Mrs. Calabash and the night crew and has anyone seen what's lying behind the Group W Bench! :confused: It's enough to peel the lips off a rubber chicken, well only they have lips. So I will see you when I see for tomorrow I go a hunting for the elusive White Tail in the Maine Woods.......... :D

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  6. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Aye me one-eyed mate. Me wench quickly approved of the room note when the Hazelnut drifted her way. So the smell is not the problem. Just couldn't taste anything! I'll have to relabel it my Candle tobacco. Can't taste it but the room smells nice. :snork:

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 7 others like this.
  7. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

:xd::toast:

dBear, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  8. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Dan Day it is as I've switched from the Devil's Holiday to the Hamborger Veermaster in my newly reconfigamajiggered Rock Cob. I picked up an acrylic stem from Vt Freehand and finally got it filed down to where it needed to be to fit in the walnut shank of my black rock cob. At first I wasn't sure because this pipe is now about 7" long but it's actually pretty cool and so is the smoke.

I could file it down more so that protruding section of the stem is closer to the walnut. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 19 others like this.
  9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking a big bowl of peases key largo in my altinok Canadian. Seen some deer early in the woods and the. Got to watch the lions beat the bears and move to first in the division. All the while making a rib dinner the results of which have me stuffed. Going to meet with a surgeon tomorrow with the wife to schedule surgery on her thyroid and I was supposed to head up north to hunt on Tuesday. We will see what happens.

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 19 others like this.
  10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Good luck to you folks tomorrow.

Relaxing after a big salmon dinner with Suzy and Molly at my feet, and smoking a bowl of Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed in a smooth briar calabash shape 1984 Fero Danese made in Italy. A bottle of Boylan's Root Beer is my drink. Drink and smoke really go well together.

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 16 others like this.
  11. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

fishnbanjo, Wicker Man, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

May everything go smoothly for your wife Eric.

13. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Rekampip, Damn the torpedo's full "steam" ahead.... Ah ye missed a spot thar matey...:xd:

14. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Apple in a Silver Duke.

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Having a bowl of smokers haven 20th anniversary in my duca Carlo.

16. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I also hope everything goes smoothly for your wife Eric.

My last pipe of the night is Rum Flake in a MM Diplomat.

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 17 others like this.
  17. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Mount Mandolin, Thank you for this GREAT reminder for us to remember those that gave all. John

18. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Congrats to you Mr Stick. Have a great time and smoke 'em up.
    ~ ZeissMan

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top.

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 14 others like this.
  20. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Today was a total fog . I dont remember what I smoked .. or the day even . Even though it's a quarter after 10 pm .. I'm hittin the porch with my Mini Meadows pipe filed with MB Symphony ... and a shot of Forty Creek

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.