1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly woke us up because they were used to being fed around 5 am EST. Because I went to bed early didn't mean the alarm clock in their tummies wasn't ringing, so I got up to fed them, and since I'm awake, I thought I'd get in a short sweet smoke: St. George's Blend in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Black cherry and vanilla seems to work well for me at the moment.

2. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Devil's Holiday.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Monday,

GH Brown Flake, in a Radice.

dBear, fishnbanjo, Miller319 and 14 others like this.
  4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Have you thought of removing the walnut all-together ? and just have the mouth piece
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the rock's giving a cool smoke anyway and it shure makes them transportable
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    but with an extension piece when your in the arm chair infront of the fire
    [​IMG]

dBear, fishnbanjo, inkybat and 15 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning all! I'm 25 pages behind right now. Had a great weekend! Anyway, if my calculations are correct, congratulations are in order fore the new Mr. and Mrs. Stick. So, congratulation!
    I've started my week with Mac Baron Navy Flake in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. I'm drinking black coffee. Puff on PSFers!

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 15 others like this.
  6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A hand-blended 50/50 mix of Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 and Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315 EX ...

[​IMG]

The results of this blending experiment are surprising: I expected the Acadian to dominate, and instead the Va. No. 1 is by far the major player. Already a quarter way into the bowl, I've yet to detect any contribution from the Acadian other than to round out the Virginia somewhat.

Smoked on its own, the Acadian is way too perique-forward for me. And yet the perique seems to disappear completely when Acadian is cut 50/50 with Va. No. 1. There's no trace of it in the room note either. Perhaps things will change further down the bowl.

No complaints though. It's a delicious smoke. The Va. No. 1 is a classic.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 17 others like this.
  7. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I'm up way to early this Veterans Day. Coffee is brewing and I'm loading a Peter Kent bent pot with St. George's Blend. This will be my first smoke of this blend and thanks to JimInks for passing it along.

I have been smoking my smaller pipes a lot recently. I'm trying to decide which pipes to travel with over the holidays. I don't really dedicate pipes. I usually smoke a lot of Carter Hall, so if I ghost a pipe, a few bowls of CH will usually remedy the situation. The first trip I will be gone only a week, so tobacco choices are not too difficult. Small pipes are a necessity when living in a hotel in colder weather climates. Miss Daisy will not allow a smoking room. Besides, there are few handicap accessible smoking rooms.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Melorning everyone.
    Golden Glow in a
    Sav Capri Root briar
    for the commute in
    this morning.
    Attempt to have a
    good Monday, M'kay?

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 12 others like this.
  9. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Good luck to Eric and his wife.
    Happy Veterans Day to all fellow PSFers who wore the uniform. :appl:

Peterson Special 2013 Reserve in a Sav 641 Erica Flamma w/ coffee.

10. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

What's happenin' Mr B. Hoff? I'll smoke the occasional aromatic but they're mostly not my thing. That and I have a half dozen of these same sample packs...all untried.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 8 others like this.
  11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a bowl of turkish blend in rc

Special Thanks to all who serve and have served wishing you a Happy Veteran's Day :toast:

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Removing the walnut is an idea I'll consider, but the rock and the walnut go together well. It's just when I adedd that stem, it may be too much contrast. I really like the look of your black shaman pipe. But I think I'll leave the walnut on mine for now even though the only way I'd get to sit in a chair in front of a fire is if a building caught in my neighborhood...and I think it'd be pretty inappropriate to bring a lawn chair and a pipe to that! Hopefully someday soon I'll have a house with a fireplace, though.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 7 others like this.
  13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Can't do it on a rock cob because it is cut and drilled like a corn cob pipe, if you removed the hardwood shank
    then the acrylic/lucite stem would go down into the melting zone

14. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    Well, I'm back at work and for the ride in, I had HU Director's Cut thanks to FnB in a Castello Great Line bent Dublin with a Silver Band. Strong black coffee for the ride.

Happy Monday Smoking,
    Paul

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 18 others like this.
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I will have to send you a sample of my Sinphony Blend or send you my recipe - you would like that !

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

happy belated birthday, fordy!

Just finished the MB NF in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Letting the pipe cool before I reload it.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 13 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that. :rolleyes::xd:

You know you're gonna ruin Mentor BV with that stuff!

18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That recipe would be great ... thanks! I have plenty of Symphony on hand, which I assume is a principal ingredient.

This 50/50 Acadian Perique/Va. No. 1 is a winner, but subtle. At mid-bowl the perique emerges but you still can't taste it in a definite way. Instead the flavor and body of the smoke just keep getting deeper and deeper. While the bright honey Virginia maintains an overall freshness.

I'm now in the final third, and let the pipe go out for 10 minutes: the nic hammer was starting to come down. This 315 EX is a monster, and 2 hours of steady puffing took its toll.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 12 others like this.
  19. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hello again, everyone. Bowl No. 2 is Peter Stockabye Luxury Twist Flake in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Being as I'm on P.R. walkabout, I'm enjoying the usual complimentary coffee. Puff on!

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 14 others like this.
  20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Welcome to Monday. Road Apple Blend in the egg, black coffee. Calling for 3+ inches of snow tonight.

dBear, Miller319, fishnbanjo and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.