What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:drly:wooohooo, the as-classy-as-it-gets-SignaturePipePouch by Frank just came in. Man, that thing looks just great. Can't wait to get my Castellos to clean them up and to stuff them in there. Have to take some pics of the pouch later today, for now it's a bowl of Red Cake in a cob with a big mug of coffee on the side.
    Melorning all! Puff on!

dBear, Miller319, Artistik and 19 others like this.
  2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Starting the day with squadron leader in the black rock cob to accompany my large cup of coffee.

Happy Veterans Day to all the vets on psf.

dBear, Miller319, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Fully rubbed FVF in the MM Legend

4. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Right! I really like the walnut anyways. That was one of the major selling points of the one I chose.

I'm smoking some CH in my little Czechoslovak pipe sitting in my car after dropping off my daughter.

dBear, Miller319, Artistik and 11 others like this.
  5. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

A parfait of Rattray's 7 Reserve (bottom) and Black Mallory (top) in a Blakemar rusticated bulldog (I didn't have enough 7R left to fill a bowl).

[​IMG]

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still awake, and now smoking Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front. I'm doing a little research for a later project.

7. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

First, Happy Veteran's Day to all the vets here. I'm going to give my grandfather a call shortly to tell him the same. He's a 92-year-old veteran and purple heart recipient from WWII who landed in on Normandy on his birthday and was later hit by shrapnel. When he tells the story, he says when he got hit it spun him around 180 degrees and he hit the ground. The next thing he remembers is one of the men from his company looking over him and saying, "Lieutenant, you've got a million dollar wound!" But he made it and because of his perseverance, I'm able to sit here and enjoy a better time. I have so much appreciation for what he and those like him have done in the service of America.

I'm about to light up a Sav with some PS LNF out on the balcony. I decided not to push my luck on smoking inside at least until it's below freezing.

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Yesterday when we left Florida it was 80F. I woke up this morning to the tune of 29f :eek:

I'm sitting on the porch of our cabin (with my wife!) smoking some Dark Flake in my Basil Meadows wedding pipe and enjoying some Illy coffee. Once I get some better service, I'll post a picture of the place. I'd move here in a heartbeat.

9. zappano

zappano Member

Having a bowl of Motzek Autumn in a Brebbia Bullcap (after i tried Haunted Bookshop and C+D Burley Flake #3 - not my taste)

10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good morning, folks. Peretti's Cuban Mixture in a Dunhill Shell billiard. Got sick of waiting on the sore throat, so now it will have to catch up to me.

So let's see, what's going on around here? No snow, dammit. Lucky psquared. But there's going to be a cold front moving through, and we will have sub-freezing temperatures for several nights in a row. But I mean, more than half of our trees still have their leaves, so it's not like this is early or anything. Anyway, got things 'n stuff to do, doncha know, better get moving. Oh, and hey:

Congratulations, man! That's fantastic. And I heard you're up in Black Mountain. Lucky you. I used to live there (well, in the mountains north and west of there, but the same area, same mountains), and I miss it all the time. It's the kind of place where once you've been, it's hard to get it out of your head. Enjoy, and again, congrats!

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hey ho Stefan! Motzek Autumn? huh? :msty: I remember one of our german dudes had a blend called Motzek Autumn... is that the cinnamon flavored one?
    ...and yeah - I've also tried Burley Flake#3, made me cough nonstop, strangly harsh stuff... good to see you in the WAYS thread!

12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I triple-dog dare you (don't have time for the whole dare etiquette, go for the throat).

13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Well, My Cowboys got a good thumping last night along with some key injury's :doh: so I woke up this morning and Lat Bombed myself with some Pirate Kake in my red rock cob. So here I am at work smelling like a stale smelling campfire and not really caring. Hope things go well for your wife Eric!! Anyway, Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow Shipmates, Airman, Soldiers and Marines!

14. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good morning all! Some McC's 5110 in the Peterson bulldog with a side of coffee for my after breakfast smoke.

15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Luck! I hope all goes well. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Paul

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Here's the cabin
    [​IMG]
    We had to head into town once we realized we'd left ALL the jackets in the living room.... of our house :bag:

17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good luck. My cousin just had that kind of surgery and it went it really well.

18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

EGR Blend from the '60's, thanks to JimInks, in a Comoy's Golden Saddlebit Billiard with more black coffee. I really like this and I'm hoping the newer version tastes the same. If so I will have to order a couple of tubs.

19. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good morning, Good people. It just dawned on me, that I would only have eleven posts, if it weren't for welcoming new members. McC #2015 always smokes very spicy for me, which is just the ticket this morning.

Healing thoughts for your wife Eric.

20. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I see you believe in the saying " A apple a day keeps the Dr. away".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.