1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Today for Christians in Greece is the celebration of Saint Minas (Menas) born in Egypt.
    He served in the Roman Cavalry,fought bravery and he promoted from a rider to an Officer,latter he became a Christian and disobey an order for Christians execution.He paid his devotion to Christ with a terrible death and became a Martyr.
    In Heraklion Crete at 1821 the Turks slaughter thousands of innocent people,among them some priests inside the altar of their temple. At 1826 they wanted to do the same to the Greeks who were in church for Holy Saturday [Lords Resurrection], they made a distraction with fire in the city and they surrounded the temple ready for massacre. Suddenly as a vision a man with white beard on a white horse show up,he drawn his sword and attack to them with momentum,the Turks caught by surprise and retreat.They feared so much from that miracle that latter although a Christian they show respect to him offering gifts to his temple. The Greeks learned about that incident when the divine was over and declare Minas as "Defender" of their city.

Orlik Club Mixture.

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

SWRA in a MM Pride.
    :puffy:

3. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Thanks to all the vets from me as well.
    And congrats to the newly weds. Best wishes. I've been married 24 years and I just want to say its been 7 of the happiest years of my life. :th1:

70 degrees and sunny here today, I'm sitting out on the front porch drinking coffee and smoking a Don Tomas piramide cigar. I figured I'd get one in before the weather changes, things are supposed to be much more winter like here starting tomorrow. The weather girl was quite excited but we'll see.

4. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Dunhill Nightcap in an Alexander Zavvos, followed by C&D Epiphany in a Savinelli Roma 626. :)

5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

First snow in my part of Michigan is now falling. I'm finishing a Bowl of nightcap in my dry Oscar 412.

6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

We haven't seen any yet. Supposed to be 19F tomorrow though. Chance of snow Wednesday, which is apparently pretty rare for this time of year around these parts.

If we don't get some around here, I might be driving up to you. I promised the boss I'd show her snow for the first time.

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Cold and rainy here in Toronto. It's making me homesick for the ocean.

Presbyterian in the Peterson bulldog with some McLaren Vale shiraz.

I'm finding the Presbyterian is vastly improved after having dried in the jar a bit.

8. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Dark Flake in a Savinelli Virginia 603. Today took a stressful turn and I'm sure glad I have some of this Dark Flake sample from psquared left to temper my mood.

9. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy belated birthday, sonarman!
    I'm still way behind on this thread, but making progress. I'm only 17 pages behind right now. anywho, I'm just finishing some PS LTF in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Puff on PSFers!

10. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Natural Dutch Cavendish bulk from Cigars International in a Great Dane.

11. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Having an international codger combo. CH in a bent Falcon. I'm old on both sides of the pond now.

12. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Rattray's 'Charles' Mixture' in my Blakemar Pipe Club of London POY 2012.

[​IMG]

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Speaking of Billy Budd, I found a couple pinches left in the bottom of one of my jars...packed and smoked...still strong and yummy :) And by strong I mean a buzzzz :)

14. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Erinmore Flake in the PSF POY

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening, everyone. Only fifteen pages behind now, and it's on to my next smoke. Dunhill royal Yacht in my 2013 PSF POY, in honor of the newly weds. Here's to you MR. And MRS. Stick. I know I'm late, but reading through Saturdays posts. It's like it's happening right now. Puff on!

16. Capt

Capt Active Member

Damn right! When you heading north?

17. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

A bit of an undetermined sample gifted me by rekamepip with a recent purchase in a thoroughly cleaned Pete 312 for full effect. Medium bodied, nutty with a little added zest. Smooth and clean burning. Very welcome after pasta and garlic Texas Toast.

I'm thinking Anniversary Kake later, likely in a cob which seems to suit this blend well.

18. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Enjoying some McC #27 in my Savinelli Spill-dog.

19. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Liked for the sake of solidarity. Sorry to hear about the bike.

Still DRY in my 2013 PSF POY.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Got to enjoy some time with my Uncle this afternoon
    we smoked and talked pipes and tobacco

he is a 2 pipe 1 tobacco guy and smoke his Willard with PA
    i smoke my MM hardwood with John Bull

Unk.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.