1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt

Capt Active Member

Murray Feldman and Charlie LeDuff got in a real good argument on air on the 6 o'clock news tonight. It was awesome.

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I seen that you can tell leduf has been hearing it all day for being bourdains chaufeer.

3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Inkybat and Eric, This Bama boy don't do cold very well... Tomorrow were expected to get to 27 in the Birmingham area...:beyes:... This is NOT the time to get COLD in Bama!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........:thdn:

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

I continue to have a sweet urge so I doubled up on the Grandfather's Own. This time in a GBD New Standard 135 Billiard. It's a pretty large bowl so it's a long smoke. Nice!

dBear, Lucky Duck, PipeSimmo and 19 others like this.
  5. aggman

aggman Active Member

Nice quote Flatbush! Very appropriate for Veteran's Day!

6. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

GLP Cumberland in a Tao bent apple, sippin' Buffalo Trace

7. Miller319

Miller319 Member

It is a day late, but had to report a wonderful experience. My just turned 16 year old daughter asked me to go for a walk in the woods so she could play around with her new camera. Took along a bowl of Frogmortons Cellar in the bent MM diplomat. Late afternoon sun turned the remaining leaves on the trees gold and we talked over what little I know about photography as we walked, took pictures and I enjoyed my pipe. Awesome afternoon!

8. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Dunhill NC in a Peterson bulldog

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost finished smoking HH Vintage Syrian in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. Getting ready to get my next smoke and drink.

10. JimInks

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Telegraph Hill in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian. Coffee's brewing and more work awaits. I'm listening to Mark Twain's newspaper articles as I work.

11. Capt

Capt Active Member

That is an awesome blend right there!

12. aggman

aggman Active Member

Finishing off the evening with some Sutliff's Sunset Rum in my GBD Rockroot.

13. Capt

Capt Active Member

Old Gowrie in the Russ Cook Pick Axe paired with a Macallan 15

14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. Solani ABF (656 Aged Burley Flake if you're not much for the whole brevity thing), in a Peterson 303. I don't smoke this blend often, but when I do it is always just excellent. I'm pretty confident that there isn't a better burley as far as complexity and uniqueness goes. Love this stuff.

Now I have a serious decision to make: do I smoke a cigar, or do I smoke Germain Brown Flake? These are the questions that keep me awake at night.

15. Capt

Capt Active Member

Depends on the cigar.....

16. JimInks

I'm listing this a few minutes early: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin.

17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Checking items off the bucket list, I just wrote an autobiography ...

"At some point I hopped onto the twig, spasmed a bit, and then dropped back off."

I know ... too damned wordy. But it's just a first draft. I'll need to boil it down.

While some delicious old Escudo boils away in my featherlight Le Nuvole ...

[​IMG]

18. JimInks

Still working as I pour a second cup of coffee, and list my latest smoke, which is Tilbury in a three quarter bend 1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter. Listening to The Jack Benny Program from my own personal collection of radio shows. This episode is from 1935, before the Benny series settled into the format most fans remember. I'm listening to the shows in broadcast order to see how and when the changes develop.

19. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Villiger early day in a vauen Lovat/pot. Good long smoke. Night all.

20. zappano

zappano Member

[​IMG]
    Good Morning Mates
    It's cold 'n foggy at the Rhein River today. So i decide to start the day with McCl. Tudor Castle in Dr. Boston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.