1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? October 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Rainy, cold, foggy, soggy this AM. Time to finish off my last bit of Boswell's Raspberry Cream in my MM CG and then some McClelland A.M. Pipe in my mystery elk-head pipe.

Old Codger, Waino and ruffinogold like this.
  2. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Loaded up some Sugar Barrel in the old beat-up estate MM cob while trying to pick out the afternoon sweet tooth appeasement.

Rewster66, Waino and MikeInMaine like this.
  3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Just enjoyed a bowl of Escudo in my carved meer rose. Absolutely delightful.
    A post that could never be written by a man without intense ridicule. Thank you.:D

krusty, Morse, Smokingmiami and 7 others like this.
  4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bobs chocolate flake
    in the Falcob.

Old Codger and Rewster66 like this.
  5. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Pic please? I am trying to make up my mind for a custom flower meer.

ruffinogoldswife likes this.
  6. saintchris

saintchris Member

Condor in a DG Grand Duke :thu:

Waino likes this.
  7. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

This morning it was McC # 24 in an Altinok Pear. this afternoon for my ride home It will be FVF in my Dunhill Grp 6 Ring Grain Billiard with black coffee.

Paul

Morse, Old Codger, Rewster66 and 3 others like this.
  9. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Margate in a Aldo Velani

10. Albert

Albert Active Member

Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River in a cob. First smoke of this blend.. tasted great but hard to nail down, so much in it and nothing dominates. Very good.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I got my exam back which I took in my Buddhism course on Thursday. I was expecting a grade in the high 80s, and if I was lucky then perhaps low 90s...before passing it back the AI mentioned scores were all over the board and some people dropped more than one letter grade between the first and second exams, and that it was the most difficult material of the semester. Since I found last time he was kind of a tough grader and all that stuff, I started to worry (after all, the course is graded strictly by three exams). When I got mine back, I found out I was one of the few who managed to pull off a perfect score of 100!

Got home, shaved, had a cup of coffee, a light lunch, and celebrated with a bowl of Dunhill Royal Yacht in the Astas billiard :)

Now I have to go run to a computer lab to print out some homework for tonight and get ready for a meeting with an advisor about switching majors. I'm loving this course, and a few years ago when I was here last I took a course on daoism which I thoroughly enjoyed, and learning about different religious traditions has been an interest of mine since middle school, so I think it only makes sense to pursue it academically. In about an hour or so, it's extremely likely that I will officially be a Religious Studies major, and hopefully will be able to focus on eastern religions (which I find most fascinating)

Feeling pretty good about today!

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

No way! I love floral tobaccos, and I think pipes should be works of beauty...I'm not all that interested in what others think of my pipe smoking, or else I probably wouldn't smoke a pipe :)

I'd love a nicely carved meerschaum with a floral theme, or even carved to actually resemble a flower of some sort.

One style I've been wanting for some time though is like this:
    http://www.meerschaummarket.com/servlet/the-3290/FLORAL-Beauity-Meerschaum-Tobacco/Detail
    [​IMG]

13. RS422

RS422 Member

Bow Legged Bear in a pride cob.

Rewster66 and Lithua pipe like this.
  14. Waino

Waino Active Member

Special Latakia Flake in an Oldenkott. Absolutely smooth, maybe too smooth taste. Somehow there is not enough red-blooded unbalanced "motor oil" aroma climbing to my nose. This is most sophisticated mixture ever. Not like me. But have to admit: this is good.

15. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

2 lbs of Old Joe Krantz just came in.
    Celebrating with a bowlful of it in the Stanwell.
    Glad I found my go-to blend early.

krusty, MarkinCA, Old Codger and 2 others like this.
  16. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Been working on a bowl of Boswell Piper's Pleasure in the chocolate egg between errands and an appointment.

Lithua pipe likes this.
  17. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, ladies and gents.

Kendal Kentucky in a Buescher's tall boy.

I need to make a Dwaugh spreadsheet to be sure, but I think I reach for this as often as I reach for Dark Flake.

18. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I just discovered that the Havana Boutique a stone's throw from my workplace is a Uhle's pipe tobacco distributor. I think a couple ounces each of Irish Aromatic, Hunt Club and Bishop's Move are on the grocery list ;) I already really enjoyed their Blend 71, although in my batch it seemed somewhat harsh. I tossed in some BC to tone it down and it smokes beautifully. Excited to try more from this renowned brand.

Anyways, right now it's the mystery full-bent Elk Head pipe with No. 17 English Luxus by Newminster. Their Blackberry Brandy blend is also quite tasty. I do love me some good aromatics :)

PipeWife likes this.
  19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

That's well and good, but have you sold the old man on it?

More Dark Flake Unscented, in a Squatch. All of my pipes have a heavy latakia cake, DFU plays off that in a wonderful way.

The Pipe Dan from the crazy Finns has no latakia cake, just 50 years of tobacco, the DFU is wonderful in that as well - lighter, sweeter even, it's just good tobacco.

20. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

H&H Caramel Apple Pie in the caramel bent apple before going in to make dinner.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.