1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Peretti Park Square in the Rekamepip bark rusticated walnut cone. Back to work.

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

McB's Honey & Chocolate Loose Cut in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob, a PRM of Ethiopian Yirgagcheffe by my side.

3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Free Jar of Leaches with every photo :old:
    [​IMG]
    two with this one :ngty:
    [​IMG]

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

I didn't get no leeches. All's I got was flies.

5. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Carter Hall in a smooth bent billiard.

6. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

7. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Had a busy morning, granny and I went to old fart exercise class at the senior center. Than to brunch with friends. Now finally having my first smoke of the day at 1:00 pm, LBF in a Kaywoodie bent. Again the smaller bowl seems to make for a nice cool smoke. I have about one bowl left of this blend, supplied by Berg, the "rotter." It is not a blend that I would keep in a smoking rotation at this point.

Thuber88, jpberg, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  8. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] I'm back after sleeping in until 1:30 this afternoon. Must be the day for returning to the sheets. Going to the "5 lb. Burrito" challenge tonight, with my fishin' buddy of 45 years. Actually, we split it and take home boxes of leftovers for breakfast tomorrow, but the price is right. Participating in the madness of burley, in a mushroom looking cobster. Good morning, afternoon and evening to all.

9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Smoked some Boswell Raspberry and Cream in my smallest Peterson, thanks to jpberg. Haven't decided on my baseball game smokes, but I have 4 hours to plan!

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

SWRA in the BST

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Oh my merciful Pipe God please send a block meerschaum to my beloved Boss
    PS: brandy shape, thank you!

Meanwhile the "Boss" is smoking: Davidoff English Mixture.

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Came home a few hours earlier than planned, which is great because there's more time for smoking now. Fortunately, I glanced in the latest purchase thread and saw dBear's latest tobacco haul, so I don't need much time for consideration - I'm going to smoke some McClelland #2015 in a Caste... uhm, in a pre-republic Peterson System Premier.

13. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Rum Flake in a Stanwell bulldog.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly let me sleep in, which I greatly appreciated, and I rewarded their patience with chicken and cheese. I found a bunch of boxes at my front door: tobacco and books, and have been so busy going through them, that I forgot to mention I was smoking. I just finished mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Going to get another smoke, as if you couldn't guess.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Kajun Kake in the Rolf Baginski Poker Chip Stack!

[​IMG]

16. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Wait a minute, wait a minute! You're telling me you got a raspberry flavored aromatic... from Berg?! :beyes:

So yeah. It's Friday, hoorah. St. James Flake in a Peterson on the back porch.

So, in honor of it being Friday, I'm just gonna sit here and type a couple of things that suck (that sounds like the beginning of a Carlin routine or something). Number one: it's still hot here. It is going to be 85 dadblasted degrees here tomorrow (that's not much of a curse word, but imagine one in your head). It's almost mid-October, and the highs for the next five days are all in the 80's. Jeez. Whoever originally moved here - before air conditioning, too - was some band of lunatics. Or else they were banished here. Number two: my favorite pipe is broken. I dropped my Northern Briars banker in the driveway and the tenon snapped off inside the mortise. The good news is, Ian (Walker, the maker) is going to fix it. The bad news is, it's not going to be fixed until after New Years. So those are my gripes.

So while I'm writing an obnoxiously long post, I'll add a positive thing or two just for balance. For one, I have food to eat and a bed to sleep in. Those things are good. For another, there are some great concerts coming up soon. So that's good too. But that's enough of that. If you made it to the end of this post, you should worry, because you're probably at least mildly insane. Happy Friday folks!

jpberg, psquared, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  17. JimInks

I decided on my next smoke, which is Wessex Dark Flake in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano Billiard. Drinking a bottle of Sprite. Still going through the three boxes of books a friend gave me. The tobacco was a tub of EGR, see. Myeah!

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:popc:

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

I do believe that would be this pipe (the one at the bottom)

[​IMG]

20. JimInks

Yes, it is! Haven't smoked it lately, and decided when I woke up that a sweet smoke was a good way to start the day. I generally reserve that pipe for those kinds of blends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.