What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Explorer352

Explorer352 Active Member

Hello psf
    Been a while since i posted in this thread. I am just finishing some dunhill london mix in my "miniwarden" cob. Then, im gonna fill er up with some frog morton cellar that a generous psf-er gifted me a sample of. Can. Not. Wait to try it!
    Oh, and sauvignon blanc in the glass.

2. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Tried smoking two pipes this evening. First up was Paul Olsen's My Own Blend-Bourbon in a Altinok golf ball meer followed by some Acadian Blend in a 09 St. Paddy Pete. Nothing tastes right. Think I'm getting a friggin' cold. :( Those with all their pipe senses intact enjoy your bowls! Hope everyone has a fine fine weekend!
    Hook Em' Horns!!
    :hbang:

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

MB Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking, my traditional Friday smoke ...

[​IMG]

with a couple of Larsen thugs, waiting in the background for their turn.

And of course, all puffs are being blown in the direction of Wiesbaden :toast:.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

My 1st Go round with HH Classic Burley Cake

:th1:

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Vin and the Dodgers are playing the Cardinals. No score going to the bottom of the first. I'm smoking FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend flame grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line silver spigot 10 Egea 03 Titania. As much as I like VaPers, I prefer FVF to Saint James Flake, though I've been told that SJF is FVF with perique. Judging by taste, I think that's true. Love 'em both enough to pay for water weight! A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's a blessing Stick. It got me through my last ten years of grueling high-stress work before I retired.

And they say smoking is bad for the health? Hell, it definitely served to lower the homicide rate in my case :D

Still expelling fragrant plumes of MB Plumcake, which should be noticeably sweetening the air of Hessen by now ...

7. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. I had the strangest or at least a very unexpected experience last night. I opened up a small jar of Hamborger Veermaster that had been aging for a year or so and was overwhelmed by the smell of chocolate! When I started on PSF a couple of years ago there were a number of very vocal fans of this blend. If this transformation is anything to to go on I can understand the reason for the excitement. Is this a typical change as HV ages?

So Hamborger Veermaster in the Va dedicated 2* Ferndown bark prince. Red wine on the side.

8. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

A bottle of Guiness Draught accompanied by Esoterica Margate in an Edwards flame grain Canadian billiard. I am really liking this blend, just the right amount of Latakia to provide great flavor and a wonderful cool smoke. It never seems to need relighting and smokes all the way to bottom of the bowl leaving a lovely light gray ash.

9. Mathuin

Mathuin Member

I'm welcoming fall break with a big bowl of PA in my Britannia highlander.

10. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

McClelland #24 in a Pete 302

11. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Penzance in a Tsuge bent bulldog.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Man, I wish I'd taken up the pipe when I was 18. :appl:

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some of my va/per blend in a Falcon. Enjoying an ice cold Coke Zero straight from the can. Needed a little pick-me-up tonight so have been snuffing some Hedges snuff, as well.

14. JimInks

Dodgers and Cardinals are tied 2-2 in the :dkn:. I'm part way through this bowl of Sunrise Smoke in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

15. JimInks

I was 13 when I started pipe smoking. Never regretted it.

16. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Got a very good friend visiting from Minnesota I haven't seen in two years and gave him an MM country gent as a welcoming present. We're enjoying a sampler of fine tobaccos including 965, PS LNF and he's onto the Devil's Holiday while I'm smoking Pelican. Just refilling our glasses of Bulleit Rye as I write. A great evening and another cigar guy perhaps turned pipeman.

17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Villiger after dinner in the shiny new altinok talon churchwarden.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

starting up a bowl of Exhausted Rooster in the Joh's bulldog

19. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

GH Rum Flake in a Brigham billiard.

20. JimInks

Dodgers and Cardinals are tied 2-2 in the 7th. I'm working and smoking Tilbury in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with the correct number of floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.