What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Kingfisher in a savinelli
    Now ASTB in a boswell.
    Bravo!

2. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Elizabethan in a Stanwell billiard, accompanied by some Buffalo Trace

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Tonight it's SG Balkan Flake in the Altinok Bent Apple Spigot. I've got Wellington Imperial Russian Stout (8% alc. vol.) on the side.

[​IMG]

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Dodgers and Cardinals are tied 2-2 in the :dkn:+ :dkn:. I'm smoking Briggs Match in a 1970s medium bend smooth Ben Wade Golden Walnut. Decided to quit work and watch the game, though I turned the sound off so I can hear Vin Scully do the call.

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

It's strange for me how I can smoke a Lat forward blend after a whole day of smoking Burleys and Va's and VaPer's but as soon as I smoke Latakia, I can only smoke Latakia for the rest of the day. It throws my taste buds off for the remainder of the whole day. So, I had Compton's Balkan Mixture earlier and now it's Compton's York Full Mixture. It is a beautiful English blend with Red Va's, Black Cav, Oriental's and a very healthy dose of Latakia. Maxim does a great job of blending and is a genius. Fresh brewed ice tea on the side.

Of course I had to import rather large floaty icebergs from the Jiminks Ice Works Company to insure that my drink of choice would stay at the proper drinking temperature but you know how that works.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 17 others like this.
  6. JimInks

Dodgers and Cardinals are still tied 2-2 in the 12th. I'm smoking Louisiana Red in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420. And having more ice water to drink. Paul wanted some of the vintage icebergs, and we were happy to oblige.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 15 others like this.
  7. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Ten Russians in the Green Monster. Flying solo on a Friday for the first time in a long time. It's nice to relax.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Got back yesterday from a two week fishing trip in Mozambique. Great time & some good fish. Up early this morning & now it's coffee & a bowl of FVF in a GBD billiard. Beautiful day here - clear & cool compared to the oppressive heat of the Moz coast.

[​IMG]

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 17 others like this.
  9. JimInks

Cards won in 13 innings. I'm smoking Bosphrous Cruise in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls. Thought some latakia would perk me up some or make me sleepy. If it's the latter, I'll go to bed early.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  10. JimInks

I've been busy working catching up for the time I lost watching the end of the baseball game. I just finished smoking Kendal's #7 (thanks Flatbush Paul) in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. Just fed Suzy and Molly some tuna because they were sweet enough to leave me be as I worked. Going now for my next smoke.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 15 others like this.
  11. JimInks

I thought about smoking Angler's Dream, but my taste buds had a craving for 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. I know some people look down at smoking OTC's, but sometimes, they are just what you need.

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well yins almost made it ya mugs, so I'm gonna give yins a pass this time see since I got up early, myeah. Well I snuck out and finished that bowl from last night so I needed to start fresh and it was 7 y/o Anni Kake in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, PRM #2, strong and black with the lump behind me on the bed. Good morning PSFer's.......... :ccup:

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  13. JimInks

Copycat! Myeah!!

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 9 others like this.
  14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Who..........

15. JimInks

You, ya big mug! I knew it'd happen once you smoked EGR, see. Now, yer talkin' sense, see. Myeah!

Thuber88, psquared, Rockbass and 11 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Angler's Dream in a 1980 three quarter bend briar Butz-Choquin 55 skull bowl pipe. I managed to get this one in, anyway! I thought about smoking EGR instead, thanks to Mssr. Fish, but that'll wait. I had the craving for this tobacco. One of the best smelling blends out of a tub there is. Tastes really good, too. If you like OTCs at all, you'll probably like this one.

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I am watching: Viva Zapata
    The director Elia Kazan is Greek,his ream name is Elias Kazantzoglou.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John Patton's Winter Heartbeat.

18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Up early this Saturday morning. Just could not sleep. Checking in on the night crew and JimInks appeared to be holding down the shift pretty much solo until Mr. Fish awoke early like me. Anyways, the coffee is brewed and I have loaded the Ashton with Mc. C's # 2015 for my first smoke today. Think I will take the Kindle to the fat chair and see if I can read myself back to sleep.

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Is it a Slap your Bitch Movie :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

20. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Been smoking Nightcap in the Pete since this morning but decided to be weird and finish the night with CH in a cob. The CH supply is running low so it will be Wessex burley slice until the next 4noggins order comes through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.