What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Welcome back, Muddler! Got any pics from the fishing?

Starting my day with McC Red Cake in the GBD not-quite-a-panel-pipe meer. Drinking coffee ingeniously heated to a proper temperature by cleverly accelerating subatomic friction.

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! It's Saturday! I'm starting the day with the remnants of one of yesterdays pipes, PS LTF in the 2013 PSF POY. Drinking black coffee. I haven't been caught up on this thread since Tuesday morning. Right now I'm getting ready to make the flip from page 94 to 95. Puff on!

3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

I'm having some Edward's Scottish moor in a jobey bent Rhodesian with coffee. Good morning all!

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Made the morning town and tune tour in the SL500 with Juice then segued into the Three Tenors as I was parked at the short beach reading Vanish, great book. Smoked Boswell's Christmas Cookie #2 in the plum Forever Stemmed MM Mizzou then followed it up with some McB's Club Blend in the blue and white Forever Stemmed MM Diplomat with a delightful PRM of Ethiopian Yirgagcheffe as shotgun. Then it was off to the restaurant for 2 more PRM's of Khave, where I buy 6lbs every 3 weeks from the owner and had a grilled Cheddar Onion Biscuit then it was off to home again smoking Christmas Cookie #2 again in the MM Mizzou etc. etc. Now home where I have another PRM, strong and black and the lump is once again behind me on my freshly made bed. :bing:

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

that'll be in your string theory kettle then :msty:
    [​IMG]

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning coffee and smoking a bowl of dream girl tobacco
    for the start of my day
    :puffy:

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I probably ought to put sleep in my pipe and smoke it, but I'm settling for MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot. Simply Orange chilled to the proper temperature is my drink. I mentioned to m'lady that historically, ham and eggs were very tasty in the morning, and she replied, "Who are we to argue history?" I can smell them cooking now!! :thu2:

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

OK I wonder where you got that name from :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

9. koaks

koaks Member

10. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Finishing off the last of a jar of Dark English full from '05 in a Roma author, lots of coffee. Hoping we get all the rain they are predicting this coming week. We don't get much rain here so when there's a chance of it the weathermen get real excited, and there's a chance, ranging from 10 to 60% for the next full week, so they're pretty wound up about now.

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

In further celebration of Rocktoberfest, I've moved on to bowl No. 2. Peter Stockabye Luxury Navy Flake in my Red Rock Cob. Still drinking black coffee. Still working at getting caught up here, making progress too. Only 6 pages behind now. Puff on PSFers!

12. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

That picture makes me want to go home and slap my mother for raising a bottle baby.

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I don't know - it just appeared to me in my mind ....... and all i can think about !

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Maybe WickerMan will get a picture for you today being nestled and smoked by a hsb

16. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Kendal cream flake in a 1 note Don Carlos smooth billiard.

17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Fresh Superior Navy Flake in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 316 EX ...

[​IMG]

The chamber on this beast is massive: over 1 inch wide. Many smokers have reported that this pipe is impossible to light. Well, it certainly is possible, as you can see. The pipe above is glimmering beautifully, allowing me to take a leisurely 15-30 seconds between puffs.

But I'm not ashamed to admit that it took 12 separate charring lights to get it going. To avoid tongue bite, I only take one puff per light, carefully hitting the tobacco surface for 1 second each time with a torch lighter. The process feels like you're bailing the Titanic with a teacup, but science wins out every time: the pipe eventually gets going. And when it does, it's a nice cool tenacious glow. Just like a perfect warming fire.

The 316 is the best flake pipe I have. Nothing else can compare to it. Highly recommended if you have the patience.

Morse, Thuber88, WalkinStick and 19 others like this.
  18. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Butternut Burley in a Peterson Canadian.

19. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Petersons Sherlock Holmes in the MM Country Gent

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    for an update
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.