1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I was born GI. Almost killed me when I was 2, before anyone was able to diagnose me. The families had gathered to support my parents when the end came. My Mom figured it out and told the doctors. They told her she was grasping for straws, my death was inevitable. My parents took me from the hospital and put me on a gluten free diet. My recovery was miraculous and immediate!
    Oddly though, later in life the GI left me. I haven't been troubled by it since my teens. I eat whatever I want now!

Still smoking PS LNF in my RRC.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

As the sunlight extends itself ever so gradually across the landscape, I'm smoking Peretti Scottish Flake in the BST Lean Volcano. All accompanied by a warming cup of coffee.

3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Uh-huh. Sure. What really happened was you said, "Aw, go fry an egg!" And she responded, "Quit clowning around, you ham!"

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Better tell Moosecop he thinks he's in the Dark :bag: http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/members/moosecop.5245/

6. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Australia may be a bit behind in a few areas but thankfully all of the pizza chains and probably 50% of the ma and pa pizzerias have GF options. It's pretty convenient.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I guess this is a much better order of events. Glad the GI left you and you're feeling fine now!

Mentor, your plumes of plumcake arrived!

[​IMG]
    ...or maybe that's just Stormy, who came for a visit - but it does smell awesome!!!
    ...but that also might come from the bacon and eggs I just made.

[​IMG]

Good morning PSF - Classic Burley Kake in the Pete Aran B7. :bing:

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I think it only fair to point out that she did fry the eggs and the ham. Good thing you're not younger or we'd have skunk meat bear steaks and eggs.

9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice to sleep in for
    A change.
    GH no.7 Broken Flake
    In a rustic Dublin bowl.
    Car shopping today.

10. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

He looks kinda stringy and full of gristle Jinks.

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

thanks! It's been great to be free of the GI. Everything I've heard though says once you have it you're never really shed of it. So, I expect it's return someday. Until then, I enjoy the freedom.
    Many think it's hereditary as well. Sometimes skipping generations, sometimes milder cases going unnoticed. My father acquired it in his early sixties.

Just finishing this PS LNF in my RRC.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Grizzly old bear's butt is best served cold.

13. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Dorchester in my Oscar 412, coffee in the cup, birds chirping. The only thing that would be better would be to be in a tree with my bow in my hands.

14. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Choked on my first cup of coffee on this one. Ok! I'm up now. :haha:

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

After a tasty breakfast of cornbread covered with bean juice, I'm lighting up a tasty bowl of FVF in the BST Stout Volcano.

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Pausing from packing for a trip to Ottawa and Hull and sitting down with a coffee and straight billiard of G, H & co. Balkan Mixture. I seem to have misplaced my pipe tools, again...

edit: Paused to go back inside and when I went back out to finish my bowl of Balkan the sun was thick and syrupy and someone was playing Orff's Carmina on the piano, badly. I feel like I'm in a 50's Disney movie.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  17. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Lunchtime smoke of Old Gowrie in the BB-line bent apple!

18. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

"Much like a string musician, the dedicated pipe smoker will carefully develop a callous on his forefinger." - Albert Einstein

No, not really!

I woke up to a perfectly lovely morning for sitting on the porch, drinking coffee, and smoking a pipe. I hope the rest of you guys get a perfect one in today.

Bayou Morning in a L'Anatra cherrywood. This stuff is a great no-fuss way to enjoy a smoke.

19. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Uhle's Blend 00 in a MM General with the morning coffee... My perfect start to the day.... Burley, MM and a coffee!!!!!:bing:

WalkinStick, psquared, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Sugar Barrel in a MM Diplomat. Plenty to do today and I need to get crackin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.