1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

JimInks, you have mentioned smoking this several times. For some reason, that doesn't seem like your type of "baccy". But I know I like it! The only vanilla I have ever smoked that didn't bite.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm still recovering ...

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout was cold and windy, Levi hates it when his ears does the Flying Nun thing! Anyhow he had a few sniffs going but the wind gets the scents confused as you tell he was trying to key in on something and kept losing it, did see a bald eagle fly by though. Well the Tsuge Tankard definitely needs a good cleaning as even Christmas Cookie #2 did not taste right, with nearly 600 smokes under its bowl its no wonder so it got the Armagnac treatment and a light reaming when we got home. Also had a bowl of McB's Club Blend in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem on the ride back after going to the last Farmer's Market until the winter ones start up and the pet food store to stock up on Levi's kibble. Home again with a second PRM sitting in front of me now but was puffing on some Stonehaven, the next to the last bowl :oops:, in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem.

4. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

I go once a year for the annual company golf day. I haven't actually played for sake of playing since high school. That being said it's not a bad way to spend a Friday morning at work ;)

5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Smoking during the game last night was: Middleton Walnut, Irish Oak and CH. Didn't smoke as much as usual because wife sat in the living room with me watching the game. Don't like to smoke that much when she is in the room. Only made it until 9:30, but wife watched the whole thing and filled me in this morning. The Dodgers are my team in this series. And I don't get to hear Vin doing the games. Wonder if he is carried on the MLB.com coverage?

6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Top of the morning to ya.

Star of the East in a GBD bulldog.

7. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Only pipe this morning is MB Plumcake in "anniversary pipe. Got to leave the house and pick up meds, groceries and wife's cigs. There will be something in this for me, of course!

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got McC #2010 Classic Virginia going in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. Might open a can of generic cola. But I'm definitely doing some baking today.

9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Having my second strong cuppa accompanied by Old Gowrie in an Iwan Reis ks 111 straight grain billiard, prepared last night for immediate gratification.

10. Albert

Albert Active Member

Dorchester in a cob...

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

...doing some baking today? something like blueberry muffins accompanied by a bowl of Dockworker? :poke::punk:

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

The two would complement each other nicely!

But first is going to be bread so's I can have some freakin' toast! Then probably some cookies, yet to be determined. And maybe some peach or apple fruit pie thingies. No, no, maybe some cinnamon-raisin rolls.

13. tdog

tdog Member

Wet cold weather in Doncaster UK so again back to the haven or should I say garage for a bowl of bagpipers dream

14. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Good Day Fine Gentlemen! Elizabethan mixture in Sav Roma pot. Drink is an Arnold Palmer. Beautiful day!

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

After Breakfast Smoke = Old Companion in Rock Cob
    100_5436.JPG

16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

mmh, sounds good to me. Baking approved! :beck: Bake on! [​IMG]

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

and is she baking for you now ???
    Pictures or it didn't happen

[​IMG]

18. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

MB VA flake in a castello smooth "billiard"

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost done with this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Just came back from the neighbor's house. Glad they don't mind me smoking my pipe inside, though I wouldn't do that with a heavy blend.

Stormy's in town, probably looking for pipe cleaners. I guess we are in for it judging by the clouds in the sky.

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You are right that it's not my type of tobacco. I got it because Sutliff sent it along with other blends to review. I don't throw away tobacco, and while this is a good blend, it doesn't fit my flavor profile. I gave some away and kept a little, figuring to smoke it as a change of pace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.