What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I can't really answer that question. So far as I know, the only way you can hear Vin Scully call the game is to live within range of the California stations that carry Dodgers broadcasts or have Sirius/XM radio.

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Just got back from the errands. One of the stops was the B&M to get wife's cigs. Of course, while I was there.....kept it simple: a pouch of Middleton's Cherry which I haven't had since last fall. Also, a pouch of Lane's Half and Half, which I haven't had since the 70's. Fired it up in a mm cob, without a filter. Not that bad. Taste's like tobacco! Price was right. The cherry pouch cost me $3.39 while the HnH was $2.35! That includes a $1.00 discount. Drink on the side is a small pour of Jack Daniels booze and honey. Want to see what it tastes like as I may use it to clean the pipes. But JimInks, you don't have to send the St. Bernard. This will not become a habit!

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Clearly, from the picture, I'm the one being baked. But at this point I'm only half baked.

Smoking Dunhill Bake Flake in the BST Prince. And the bread is rising.

4. scopawl

scopawl Member

Gotta watch out for that heat stroke, Bear! My better half got some bad heat stroke when she was working in Tenerife- she forgot what side of the road you're supposed to drive on and ended up having to pull over to throw up for about an hour. Totally laid her flat for a couple of days...

Anyway, on topic: Condor ready rubbed in the MM Hardwood. On my third can of Kung lager which is one of the cheapest I can find here in Sweden. (You can take the boy out of Glasgow but you can't take Glasgow out the boy...)

On the music front, Miles Davis' Greatest Hits.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

7 y/o Anni Kake in a cob.... yet another PRM, strong and black....

6. buistd

buistd Sales Account

C&D Sha'are Orah in a bent Courrieu. My wife and her friend bought this pipe for me over the summer in Cogolin where they make these French beauties. I would never have picked this shape pipe, and it isn't the best smoking pipe I have (it does smoke well though) but it's the only pipe my lady has ever bought me so it is a firm favourite and is seeing a fair bit of action these days.

7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

you know what they say!......pics - or....blah blah :ohyh:

8. buistd

buistd Sales Account

You may get to see it in the flesh next weekend. The pipe, not Mrs buistd.

9. buistd

buistd Sales Account

The new Half and Half is a nice smoke. I liked the old production too (can't remember who made it). Got a couple of bowls' worth left in my 1.5oz pouch so will have to wait until my next trip to the US to get some more. A fair few people weren't too complimentary about the old stuff but it seems the new version is a little more popular among the internet masses.

10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just dropping off some DIY iceberg kits.;)

H&H Black House in a Chacom

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

:xd:

Going to be busy, so I'm listing this one a little early: CD Blend in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule. A can of Mug root beer is my drink, you mugs! Myeah!

Dodgers and Cardinals at 4 EST on TBS. Red Sox and Tigers are n at 8 EST on Fox.

12. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Sitting on the Porch with pops. Started the after lunch smoke with Sutliff CD Blend. Next up, St Bruno Ready Rubbed

13. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Two and a half pounds of burrito over a fourteen hour period, no wonder I keep falling asleep. Must have set a person record for hitting the snooze alarm this morning. Brisk breezes wafting in the windows whilst snuggly swaddled in the down of the goose. Though I know it is generally frowned upon to chuckle in bed while one is alone, I was sooo comfortable and pain free, I couldn't stop repeating that wonderful moment of waking up to the wind, sunshine and quiet that saturated my home. Following the "burley first" rule, the progression was as follows: 5 bros/ black rock cob, Three Friars/MM CG, DGTed Wessex Burley Slice/ GBD apple and lastly P&C Old Tartan/Northern Briars billiard. Dark black coffee, a given. Good afternoon, Good people!

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

The problem with having as many pipes as I do you find some get neglected basically because they are scattered in 5 different places and I often grab something w/o giving the other spot a thought. It's a terrible habit really since I gravitate to the cob basket so often due to it being in close proximity to the front door.

Being such a gloomy, misty, somewhat windy and basically crappy day I don't even give the best of the best a thought as they usually only get a smoke session under the best of conditions which is unfair to both me and the pipe. So I went window shopping through my collection to have my next smoke with the Macanudo tin in my hand where I store the Luxury Bullseye Flakes that are ready for smoking and I found myself at my favorite little antique pipe cabinet where tins, jars and cellared tobacco await me and 24 pipes like stoic soldiers at attention as well. So I called out "Rainer Barbi, front and center". Once in hand we made our way to the SL500 where I had a grand smoke and relived the day we were burning up I95 to the tune of 130 MPH @ 0430 in the morning, the day felt far less gloomier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Going Home - Fallen Soldier Bagpipe Tribute

Marine's Final Salute

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4noggins Catamount.

16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Dinner's done, had a big plate of spaghetti with selfmade pesto, which was delicious - I'm ready for the post dinner bowl:

[​IMG]

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Nice Barbi, Sante!
    :bow::nwor::nwor::nwor::bow::nwor::nwor::nwor::bow:

^^hypnotic wave^^​

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hello Ladies and Gents,
    It's been a busy day. I'm installing a generator for the house and today I tapped into the natural gas line to start running the line to it.

We're getting ready to visit the kids now so I'm relaxing with some FVF in a Sav Opera Billiard. Earlier I had some P&W Nut Brown Burley in my MM Freehand.

See you guys later.

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

St. Bruno RR
    in the clay.
    No new car yet.

20. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Samuel Gawith Dark Cherry in a sandblasted Parker billiard. I do like me a Parker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.