What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Celebrating the Longhorns victory over OU with another bowl of TB Reserve 1928 in a GBD Bent Billiard. Getting ready for Saturday Mass. More smokes ahead on this fine fine Saturday!

2. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Smoking Luxury Bullseye Flake in the MM Country Gent. This is part of the stash sent by jpberg and is really the only blend that I am not fond of, have about one bowl of it left and of course will try it in a pipe that I have yet to smoke it in.

Thuber88, surlysoul, jpberg and 18 others like this.
  3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

A Smoking Dream for Ruffinogold :ngty: can't leave the Mayor out :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

4. Waino

Waino Active Member

Dunhill Nightcap in a Butz Choquin.

Busy. Both of my sons have 4-5 training or games per week and I am trying to do my job too and sometimes more.

Feel well. Life is good.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Dodgers and Cards are scoreless after one inning. Because I'm busy working, I'm listing my next smoke a few minutes little early: St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer.

6. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! Bowl No. 4 is Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in the Caboom Sabbis Pubbus. Pink lemonade on the rocks is my drink. Puff on!

7. Atom

Atom Member

Its a typical New England day overcast and gray with the leaves turning to full color.
    I have my first try of Blind Review Sample #5 in a MM Washington ready to go.
    To quote from MentorBV: I must warn you though: Samples #5 and #6 were crafted by Dr. Moriarty ... not at all unfair, but fiendishly difficult and mysterious.
    I shall don my deerstalker peer through the magnifying glass and get on the case!

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

McClelland Navy Cav
    in Rock Cob

while cleaning up a couple more estate pipes:th1:

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well one good pipe deserves another and having a hankering for some Troost Slices (I opened this tin a little over 6 months ago and this is the last pipe full, that's the beauty, to me, of smoking pipes with small bowls, I may not smoke as long as some of you but I get a wider variety should I choose to) so I chose the Michael Lindner Bulldog with Diamond Shank and Cumberland Stem, a large mug of Bengal Spice Tea at the ready. The Bulldog isn't one of my favorite shapes but Michael sure cuts a mean DAWG!

[​IMG]

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ma ! Lol !

Ok , prepare for envy and jealousy .. and rightly so .

This ... Mastro De Paja Fatta A Mano

xmassmastro.jpg

Filled with 12 year old MacBaren Golden Extra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See , this way if a meteor hits my house on Christmass Eve .. I'll have already smoked this baby and can die content knowing that I didnt miss out on this !!!!

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

You didn't wait until christmas? Shame on you! :beck: Enjoy the smoke your Honor!

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Cool and cloudy here, but no rain today. So far, I've tried the H&H in a mm cob, my Dr. Grabow Savoy and a mm CG cob. Since this my last one of them, I took time to clean it and set it out to properly dry. H&H is okay, but it won't replace CH in my rotation.

Now watching the Dodgers/Cards and smoking Ashton Gold Rush in the mm Diplomat cob.

13. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I gave it to him early for all the hard work he does for all of us. I have something else for him for Christmas, maybe not as nice, but nice. He deserves it very much. :D

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

As the bread goes into the oven, I've got McC #2015 Va Flake & Perique going in the Squatch Stout Volcano. There will be toast tonight! :hbang:

15. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

S.G. BBF in my Spill-dog.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I admit, I'm a little jealous.

Still smoking MB HH MV in the Caboom Sabbis Pubbis.

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Great present, awesome pipe - good decision! You both rock!
    :) dBear is smoking Perique...! So, what do you think of this blend? I guess I'll join you with a bowl #2015! In a ROCK COB! :bing:

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Synchronized smoking! :toast:

Yes, sir, you have corrupted me. Sent me so much perique I finally got used to it. Truth is, I've been smoking Virginias all day - Red Cake, FVF, Dunhill Flake, McC #2010 - and what I find now with this blend is that the perique fattens up and smooths out the Va experience. I like all those blends, but right now I'm liking this one better.

19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Synchronized smoking! :toast:

Nice! This is what I like about Perique -reasonably dosed, Perique mellows VAs out and makes them rounder and smoother. You should try St James Woods next!

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Suggestion noted for future purchase. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.