What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Bowl No. 5 is Dunhill Royal Yacht in my MM Spool. Daisy made a cup of tea, then laid down and fell asleep. So, I'm drinking it. Puff on PSFers!

Cards go 2 games ahead of the Dodgers in the NLCS!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Finished the Gold Rush then cleaned some pipes. Used the Jack and Honey on a mm cob. We'll see how that works out. Watched the Dodgers lose to the Cards while puffing on a couple of pipes with CH. Actually had to turn the ac on. Thinking about some MB Cherry Ambrosia in a Peterson when I start watching the Reds and Tigers.

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

The bread is out and so is this bowl of McC #2015. The best thing about bread is the way it makes the house smell - even better than tobacco! There will be toast for dessert!

4. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

What up my brothers ! ! ! !
    Miller bottles, cold
    Pulled pork, hot
    Potato rolls, toasted
    Coleslaw, cold
    College football and Nascar under the lights, Redneck bliss
    Beef, Happy Happy Happy

Eating and drinking after a Irish Seconds full of Lane Black Raspberry

Life does not suck !

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

How many loaves did you make? My Mom used to bake bread through the night. When we woke up the kitchen table would be full, from end to end and edge to edge. She'd freeze most of it for later, but we'd sure put a dent in it before she got up. There's no better smell in the world, and the sight of all the bread made me feel like all was as it should be in the world. Enjoy it dbear!

Still DRY in my MM Spool.

6. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] I got a lb. of bulk #2015 13 mos. ago and found it almost un-smokable, jared it and assigned it to the lower shelf. Well, today at synchronized smoking class everyone was puffing McC Va/Perique flake, so I thought I would join in the festivities. Wow, what a difference a year of learning about straight virginias and Va flakes has made. With the combination of a little age and much improved smoking techniques, it is one good smoke. The old Stanwell didn't hurt either.

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Just the one loaf - and I cut that in half & freeze one part for the next time I want bread. But you can bet I'll put a big dent in the unfrozen half before tomorrow is out!

8. highstump

highstump Active Member

When I was a kid and got home from school as I was heading up the walk to the house, the first smell I caught was of dad's pipe. That was unless mom had made bread. the best was when she made bread and had a stew going for dinner. :ohyh:

Christmas Cheer 2002 in a Savinelli and diet Dr Pepper on the side.

Thuber88, surlysoul, jpberg and 20 others like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

It works Really Well !
    not enough alcohol % to do heavy duty cleaning but the added Honey makes for a great tasting Pipe !

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

MrsRekamepip is Proud of You !

Fresh Bread and Toast if a favorite around here
    :th1:

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last smoke of the night will be 7 y/o Anni Kake in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem. Considering how gloomy this day was we all made the best of it and hope tomorrow is better, we turned the heat on mainly to verify the furnace would work it kicked on once, came up to temp and took the chill off. Hope the night shift works a bit harder although all things considered we're basically on a 300 page month at this rate which will beat Sept. Hope everyone out there in PSF Land has a great evening be it sheet wrestling or part of the night puffers, if anyone runs into Mrs. Calabash ask her where the hell has she been! [​IMG] ;)

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Send my thanks to Mrs. Rekamepip! Can't wait for dessert, cutting a piece right now to eat while I'm cooking dinner.

13. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

A bottle of Guiness Draught calls for an English blend so Dunhill MM965 in an Edwards Algerian briar pot.

Thuber88, surlysoul, jpberg and 17 others like this.
  14. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

mac baren dark twist in my peterson #69 silver cap... an outstanding pairing. this my first round of this tobacco i just picked it up tonight... it is delicious

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Night All - Pleasant Drems :ngty:

16. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Heading out to the sunroom to enjoy some PS LBF in a Drac Pete 999. Got a pound of this fine flake heading my way. Many thanks to Critter for sending me a generous sample awhile back. ROCK COB on deck...

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Had a wonderful dinner that couldn't be beat, and thanks to DBear, I followed it up with a sweet smoke: Early Morning Pancake in a 1977 smooth Rubino (Lorenzo) Oom Paul. I was about to go for another smoke, when m'lady surprised me with a homemade apple pie. Be back soon after I eat a slice.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:
    You found a Keeper !

19. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Evenin all. DH 965 in a paronelli bent bulldog, with Monkey Shoulder Scotch.

Celebrating a nice win by my alma, LSU defense. :th1:

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Well, I lied. I ate two slices of home made apple pie. I think I'm going to relax a little since I'm stuffed full of great food and watch a couple innings of the Red Sox-Tigers game, which is scoreless in the second inning. While FVF is drying, I'm smoking MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). A can of 7-Up is my drink. Going to work after dinner and dessert settles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.